ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Returning Production

Interesting article. Here's another interesting part of this ranking per B10 Teams:

#1 - Northwestern
#11 - IU
#12 - Illinois - Play
#15 - Rutgers - Play
#17 - Nebraska
#20 - Purdue -Play
#34 - Wisconsin - Play
#47 - Penn St - Play
#86 - Minnesota
#89 - Maryland - Play
#92 - Ohio St - Play
#100 - Iowa
#116 - Mich St - Play
#124 - Michigan - Play

Not saying these rankings are exact science as I highly doubt Northwestern will be a top B10 force next season, though I imagine they will be improved.

But we do know that IU has a ton of talent returning from a Bowl game season, including a hopefully beefed up top tier QB and almost all starting defense. And all the B10 teams we are playing are returning less than us, and seemingly good years to be playing re-loading Penn St, OSU & Michigan. I'm still bullish we may be able to catch Wiscy not fully tuned up yet on game 1 of the season.

Could football gods finally be aligning in 2020???

Interesting article. Here's another interesting part of this ranking per B10 Teams:

#1 - Northwestern
#11 - IU
#12 - Illinois - Play
#15 - Rutgers - Play
#17 - Nebraska
#20 - Purdue -Play
#34 - Wisconsin - Play
#47 - Penn St - Play
#86 - Minnesota
#89 - Maryland - Play
#92 - Ohio St - Play
#100 - Iowa
#116 - Mich St - Play
#124 - Michigan - Play

Not saying these rankings are exact science as I highly doubt Northwestern will be a top B10 force next season, though I imagine they will be improved.

But we do know that IU has a ton of talent returning from a Bowl game season, including a hopefully beefed up top tier QB and almost all starting defense. And all the B10 teams we are playing are returning less than us, and seemingly good years to be playing re-loading Penn St, OSU & Michigan. I'm still bullish we may be able to catch Wiscy not fully tuned up yet on game 1 of the season.

Could football gods finally be aligning in 2020???
Great points. We need to knock off MSU in Bloomington. Michigan, of course, will seriously re-load and that game is a particularly tall order in Ann Arbor, but who knows.

High returning production from a team (IU) that finished 23rd nationally in the SP+ rankings is strongly predictive of an outstanding season in 2020. Can't wait for Sep 4!

Great points. We need to knock off MSU in Bloomington. Michigan, of course, will seriously re-load and that game is a particularly tall order in Ann Arbor, but who knows.

High returning production from a team (IU) that finished 23rd nationally in the SP+ rankings is strongly predictive of an outstanding season in 2020. Can't wait for Sep 4!
I hope the new coaches perform.

I also think Sheridan technically has more as a 31-ur old OC in B10, never had that role prior. I like his charisma and think he’s going to do well. A walk on QB at UM tells me he was like a coach in the field. He made a nice transition from QB coach to TE this last season (see Hendershot) and Seems like he had a year to watch/learn and apprentice under DeBoer last season too.

Gut reaction: Wommack based on a year of experience and the large number of major contributors coming back that he coordinated all year.

Longer thoughts: We won't know who's under more pressure until like the 4th week. If Sheridan is able to produce similar to DeBoer, it's for sure Wommack because he'll be facing the heat to flip what would be comparable to this year's MSU & PSU games. If Wommack has the D playing like they did in the Gator Bowl, then Sheridan is going to have the heat based on the flipped situation. In short, each phase of the game only really has the pressure to do what is necessary to win.

ADVERTISEMENT