ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruits showing out

I'm all for them ..But scoreing in high school against 15 -18 yr olds.
Is not the same as seasoned 21 yr olds .Some who are full grown men..
But could they make open three's better than the group we have..
Absolutely !!

Reactions: ufo33
Once Archie gets a hold of them and brainwashed them with the packline they will be just like Damezi

Remember our guards don’t need to score for them to be effective. Coaching wisdom by Lil Arch

Hey, UFO, what's the skinny on our class?

You are always talking about seeing these kids play in HS. Fill me in, won't you? Oh, and any rankings or stats would be nice.

Can they play at IU THIS season?

I'm not sure they'll play next year with Durham (Senior),Phin (Junior), Smith (Senior), TJD (Soph, but probably in his "Senior" season), and Brunk (Senior).

Should be plenty of playing time the following year, however, after losing 4 out of 5 starters. Especially in the frontcourt.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Jordan Geronimo #83. Rivals
Anthony Leal #100 247 Sports
Trey Galloway #134*. 247 Sports
Galloway was in the #70s prior to an injury
Geronimo brings elite athleticism and a growing skill game where he is shooting the 3 ball much better than earlier in his career.
Geronimo is a wing forward who was one of the fastest rising players on the AAU Circuit nationally.
Leal is a good shooter who has solid fundamental shot mechanics and could shoot even better in college. Anthony Leal has the ability to step back to create space and still stay in balance on his shot.
Trey Galloway is a good defensive player who used his range at guard to defend multiple positions on the court, he sees the floor well and anticipates the passing lanes on D. Galloway brings grit, toughness, BB IQ, and Leadership. His shot is streaky but he also scores on drives and in the open court. Galloway makes good decisions with the ball.
Leal should contribute immediately scoring the ball for IU.
Galloway brings winning basketball intangibles to the team. He just makes plays and does not shy from the spotlight in big games or pressure situations at the end of games. Geronimo brings the most athletic upside, time will tell if he can develop his game at IU like OG or Oladipo.
All 3 should play as Freshmen as all 3 can bring scoring, and Galloway and Geronimo bring defense and the all court game.

Last edited:
Geronimo brings elite athleticism and a growing skill game where he is shooting the 3 ball much better than earlier in his career.
Geronimo is a wing forward who was one of the fastest rising players on the AAU Circuit nationally.
Leal is a good shooter who has solid fundamental shot mechanics and could shoot even better in college. Anthony Leal has the ability to step back to create space and still stay in balance on his shot.
Trey Galloway is a good defensive player who used his range at guard to defend multiple positions on the court, he sees the floor well and anticipates the passing lanes on D. Galloway brings grit, toughness, BB IQ, and Leadership. His shot is streaky but he also scores on drives and in the open court. Galloway makes good decisions with the ball.
Galloway brings winning basketball intangibles to the team. He just makes plays and does not shy from the spotlight in big games or pressure situations at the end of games. Geronimo brings the most athletic upside, time will tell if he can develop his game at IU like OG or Oladipo.
All 3 should play as Freshmen as all 3 can bring scoring, and Galloway and Geronimo bring defense and the all court game.
This is more than one sentence. Who'd you steal it from?

Remember our guards don’t need to score for them to be effective. Coaching wisdom by Lil Arch

Sorry, I just had an image of you actually calling coach “Lil Arch” to his face. Actually, the image was of you trying to summon the courage to say it to his face, or to anyone of any size outside the confines of your online safety net. Thanks for the chuckle

Sorry, I just had an image of you actually calling coach “Lil Arch” to his face. Actually, the image was of you trying to summon the courage to say it to his face, or to anyone of any size outside the confines of your online safety net. Thanks for the chuckle
I met Archie and I like him.
I want Archie to succeed at IU.
He's young and should be at IU long term if he is successful here.
That is what we all should want, success and stability for the program.
That is what the great coaches bring, and what the top basketball schools have.

You think all three will play right away? Considering we only lose two players if thats the case the rotation will be like 12 players.

Once Archie gets a hold of them and brainwashed them with the packline they will be just like Damezi
I will refrain from judgment until i see them play in an iu uniform. I remember thinking hanner and hallowell would be instsnct impact studs. Both were just above busts.

You think all three will play right away? Considering we only lose two players if thats the case the rotation will be like 12 players.

Here's the minutes/game now.....it adds up to a little over 40/M per game as not every player has played in every game:

TJD........28
Brunk.....22
Smith.....31
Hunter....14
Anderson....13
Thompson....11
Durham.....26
Rob.....22
Green....22
Davis.....8

My first question.....assuming TJD stays, which I think he will, will either Smith or Thompson leave? Smith could probably go the GT route...Thompson could leave for PT considerations. I want to make it clear I've heard no rumors......it's just that disappointing teams don't generally stay intact.

If none of those 3 leave, you do gain 30 minutes from Green & Davis leaving. I don't think Anderson, if he stays, will continue to get 13M/game. I don't think (hope?) Durham will continue to get 26M/game. So that gives you maybe 40M to work with. Phinisee, if healthy, and if HE stays, would probably claim about 8 of those minutes. Let's give Hunter & Thompson 5 each. TJD will get 3 more. Brunk, Smith stay the same. If all that came to pass, there would be 19M to pass around to the newcomers.....and that's if nobody leaves.

Reactions: MrBing
Here's the minutes/game now.....it adds up to a little over 40/M per game as not every player has played in every game:

TJD........28
Brunk.....22
Smith.....31
Hunter....14
Anderson....13
Thompson....11
Durham.....26
Rob.....22
Green....22
Davis.....8

My first question.....assuming TJD stays, which I think he will, will either Smith or Thompson leave? Smith could probably go the GT route...Thompson could leave for PT considerations. I want to make it clear I've heard no rumors......it's just that disappointing teams don't generally stay intact.

If none of those 3 leave, you do gain 30 minutes from Green & Davis leaving. I don't think Anderson, if he stays, will continue to get 13M/game. I don't think (hope?) Durham will continue to get 26M/game. So that gives you maybe 40M to work with. Phinisee, if healthy, and if HE stays, would probably claim about 8 of those minutes. Let's give Hunter & Thompson 5 each. TJD will get 3 more. Brunk, Smith stay the same. If all that came to pass, there would be 19M to pass around to the newcomers.....and that's if nobody leaves.

you don’t think it’s possible a senior Durham eats up some of those green minutes, and plays even more next year?

I think we’ll see smith and durham lead the team in MPG next year. Especially as I have a hard time seeing Phin (physically) play 30 mpg.

Galloway is the most mentally and physically ready to play at IU.
Geronimo has the most athletic upside.
Leal has the ability to make open perimeter shots that IU desperately needs.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
you don’t think it’s possible a senior Durham eats up some of those green minutes, and plays even more next year?

I think we’ll see smith and durham lead the team in MPG next year. Especially as I have a hard time seeing Phin (physically) play 30 mpg.
Phinisee should be healed in the offseason. It is likely a lingering groin injury due to no time to shut it down to completely recover.

Reactions: .Gerdis
We say the sane thing every year about basically every new recruit. We hype they up like crazy before they ever set foot on campus. Similair things were said about anderson. We have no idea until we see them play in an actual division one game.

yep, remember the debate in the off-season about Smith not starting or playing as much this year with all the competition? It seems safe to say that if someone is playing big minutes this year, they will next year too.

I hope Durham plays less.....he's not very good.

We say the sane thing every year about basically every new recruit. We hype they up like crazy before they ever set foot on campus. Similair things were said about anderson. We have no idea until we see them play in an actual division one game.
True, but the same things were said about Alford, Jay Edwards, Eric Gordon, Greg Graham, Damon Bailey, Alan Henderson, Randy Wittman, Mike Woodson, Calbert Cheaney, and recently TJD in high school and they turned out pretty good in college too.

True, but the same things were said about Alford, Jay Edwards, Eric Gordon, Greg Graham, Damon Bailey, Alan Henderson, Randy Wittman, Mike Woodson, Calbert Cheaney, and recently TJD in high school and they turned out pretty good in college too.
The guys you noted were all very highly rated and recruited players. Not sure I get the comparison to the guys coming in next season. And not a knock on them since I expect they have a greater then even chance to become very solid players at IU, with perhaps one or more becoming a star player.

Check out @46Sports’s Tweet:
I watched that game on Youtube and was impressed with Galloway's court vision. He doesn't shoot it well from the line though. I am not sure his 3 pt percentage. But he has the size to be pretty good. I do miss watching WHME either on Friday Nights or Saturday Morning replays since leaving the area. But I get to catch a few games online. Chuck Freeby, Bob Nagle, and Bo Hunt are a very good team of announcers for local games.

I never thought Damezi was going to be very good. I hoped I would be wrong but I haven’t been so far. I never thought much about Al either.

Galloway is a gym rat that will probably get better as a shooter. Like Dane Fife.

The problem we have now is that I feel we have some lazy workers that don’t work real hard on their jumpshots. Guys like Yogi and Hulls never left the gym.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT