ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Updates

I'll start. 4* OT target Blake Fisher out of Avon committed to Notre Dame today

In addition, 4* DT target Gabriel Rubio out of Missouri also committed to Notre Dame today. Was in attendance for Junior Day, I believe.

Thread sucks, will not read again.
Lol what in the world. We missed on two recruits and you act like I am trolling, the world isn't ending. Don't understand people like you that say stuff like that in threads people start. You don't need to come in and pick a fight for no reason, benefits nobody and your activity is only pushing the apparently awful thread to the top

Last edited:
notre dame is not home.
I came close to commenting that on twitter, but it would have just come off as a mad IU fan. Cincinnati is literally closer to Avon than South Bend lol

Last edited:
notre dame fan?
Or a person just tracking our recruiting targets... I was under the impression that this was a forum to discuss IU football, and it is June. Recruiting is kinda all that is happening. I mean literally half of the front page of the posts on the football forum are Hoosier Daily's. We could use a little more discussion.

I was on forums for Tennessee and Penn State this week and they have identical threads to this that are highly active. Just so happened we got beat for a couple guys today. Good news on others recruits will be here in no time though. Y'all are so sensitive.

Last edited:
We need some positive recruiting news!!!!!
I would be very surprised if we didn't get a commit or two sometime soon from the visits that are currently taking place. At the very least, I would expect David Baker to commit soon. I really hope the visit goes well for Luke Kandra, he seems to be a strong Louisville lean currently and would be a good add to the class imo.

I would be very surprised if we didn't get a commit or two sometime soon from the visits that are currently taking place. At the very least, I would expect David Baker to commit soon. I really hope the visit goes well for Luke Kandra, he seems to be a strong Louisville lean currently and would be a good add to the class imo.
It would be nice to sign those two players in the next week or so.

Reactions: Sassy61
This board needs more recruiting news... Good or bad. We can't land every fish. Not sure why some are bitching??? I guess some find it hard to be positive.

I agree. This past weekend was not great from what the outsiders can tell. Lots of big names off the board, but there were also lots of visitors. What happens in the background is hard to speculate about.
We need to remember that it is the middle of June and the 2020 signing day is a ways off. I think there are a few guys from the 2019 class that are still not on campus.

And Peny Boone is off the board. Committed to Maryland. I’m assuming RB is not a big position of need and that could have influenced his decision. Too bad because more depth is nice to have, but the backfield is already in good shape.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It's not even a sure thing that we're taking a RB this cycle, so yes, Boone would have been nice, I'm not sure how hard we pushed.

I agree. This past weekend was not great from what the outsiders can tell. Lots of big names off the board, but there were also lots of visitors. What happens in the background is hard to speculate about.
We need to remember that it is the middle of June and the 2020 signing day is a ways off. I think there are a few guys from the 2019 class that are still not on campus.
True--that would be nice, but to be honest, that's what the premium board is for--to put it blountly, you get what you pay for! Also too, I'm not sure it would be appropriate for us to post premium information on this board, or what the site clearly deems to be premium information, as much as I'd like to see it, I respect...the reality of our free market capitalist society!!

True--that would be nice, but to be honest, that's what the premium board is for--to put it blountly, you get what you pay for! Also too, I'm not sure it would be appropriate for us to post premium information on this board, or what the site clearly deems to be premium information, as much as I'd like to see it, I respect...the reality of our free market capitalist society!!
Not even one bit of premium info has been posted in this thread. It's not exactly premium info to share tweets from recruits that they themselves made.

This is literally the only team board I have seen without a thread like this just to do updates on targets. Saying "hey this guy committed elsewhere" or "hey this target is visiting another school this week" isn't really anywhere in the same universe as (for example) sharing information from that great article Stu recently wrote about Luke Kandra that he shared on the premium board. Penn State's Rivals board has a version of this thread with literally 2,800+ replies lol. You guys should probably all head over there and tell them that they really need to delete that thread. Don't forget to accuse those that posted when a recruit went elsewhere, of being a Pittsburgh fan!

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/2020-recruiting-class-thread.164358/

Last edited:
And Peny Boone is off the board. Committed to Maryland. I’m assuming RB is not a big position of need and that could have influenced his decision. Too bad because more depth is nice to have, but the backfield is already in good shape.
It's interesting the dominoes that fell for that to happen. Oregon getting Trey Benson to commit, blocked Tirek Murphy from being able to go there. Tirek Murphy then committed to his #2 (Purdue), which happened to be the #1 for Peny Boone from what I understand, causing him to commit to Maryland.

It would have been nice to land Boone to help ensure Rashawn Williams sticking in the class, but I don't think we can complain about Stevie Scott, Ronnie Walker and Sampson James, going forward (They are going to be so unbelievably exciting to watch in the 2020 season btw). I'm with you on this one, don't think it's the end of the world to not take a RB this cycle. The portal can always deliver us one next offseason as well if we are needing an experienced one for 2020 for some reason

Last edited:
It's interesting the dominoes that fell for that to happen. Oregon getting Trey Benson to commit, blocked Tirek Murphy from being able to go there. Tirek Murphy then committed to his #2 (Purdue), which happened to be the #1 for Peny Boone from what I understand, causing him to commit to Maryland.

It would have been nice to land Boone to help ensure Rashawn Williams sticking in the class, but I don't think we can complain about Stevie Scott, Ronnie Walker and Sampson James, going forward (They are going to be so unbelievably exciting to watch in the 2020 season btw). I'm with you on this one, don't think it's the end of the world to not take a RB this cycle. The portal can always deliver us one next offseason as well if we are needing an experienced one for 2020 for some reason
I want the OL player from Detroit to come to IU, if he fits the program, more than the RB. I hope Williams can convince him to come to IU.

Not even one bit of premium info has been posted in this thread. It's not exactly premium info to share tweets from recruits that they themselves made.

This is literally the only team board I have seen without a thread like this just to do updates on targets. Saying "hey this guy committed elsewhere" or "hey this target is visiting another school this week" isn't really anywhere in the same universe as (for example) sharing information from that great article Stu recently wrote about Luke Kandra that he shared on the premium board. Penn State's Rivals board has a version of this thread with literally 2,800+ replies lol. You guys should probably all head over there and tell them that they really need to delete that thread. Don't forget to accuse those that posted when a recruit went elsewhere, of being a Pittsburgh fan!

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/2020-recruiting-class-thread.164358/
Ok, so peni...ehem, sorry, I mean kobis18 is the winner!! I knew someone would misunderstand/overreact to my post! Congrats kobis18!

Boy, we need to get it together and fast!!!

I still don’t think there’s any need for fear. Just saw post of kid from OH (Gage Keys?$ took his second official visit. Looks like a player, 6’4 TE/DE.

Not bashing this OL kid but he did not look lime a mauler OL. Let him go to Louisville. You’ll be singing a different tune of land the Beech Grove OL.

It’s June 17, not Dec 17th. Start being worried if we have 8-10 commits then! If IU pulls off a big win (or wins) the recruits will be there.

By way, didbIu for sure offer this kid who signed w/Louisville? I truly wish him well and don’t care as I want kids excited to be at IU and know there are still OL out there IU can still sign. Until early signing day, this is all speculation as say IU has huge year, knocks off OSU in game three, commits can flip (see Sampson James) and could be a run on kids wanting to come to IU. Relax everyone!

Hopefully we see some high caliber kids coming our way!!! Allen has certainly proven himself a good recruiter, should be interesting.

I doubt that. Satterfield is leagues better than Wilson. Especially 2010 Wilson.

However, Wilson took over a team that was leagues better than what Satterfield is taking on. This is not to say that Wilson was coming into a good situation, it’s that Satterfield’s situation is flat out awful. I could see where Satterfield might do better in years 2/3 than Wilson at IU, but 2019 is going to be rough for UL.

Speaking of recruiting I was browsing through the big ten rankings for 2019 and saw that Illinois only signed 13 kids. That seems extremely low.

Speaking of recruiting I was browsing through the big ten rankings for 2019 and saw that Illinois only signed 13 kids. That seems extremely low.

Not surprising if they had a small graduating class and little to no attrition.

MSU is expected to sign around 17 this year depending on attrition before and after preseason camp. They are being hyper selective with their offers because the class will be smaller than usual.

ADVERTISEMENT