ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruit

Rids

Recruit
Sep 5, 2001
Is IU looking at Luke Brown, 2020 recruit from Hartford City. Purdue has had him on campus
already. He has been heard on one of his many videos saying he wants to go to IU. He was fourth
in the state in scoring as a freshman this year. Give yourselves a big treat and simply do a search
"Luke Brown, basketball" and watch him. He is a great one and go get him Archie. ;'

Is IU looking at Luke Brown, 2020 recruit from Hartford City. Purdue has had him on campus
already. He has been heard on one of his many videos saying he wants to go to IU. He was fourth
in the state in scoring as a freshman this year. Give yourselves a big treat and simply do a search
"Luke Brown, basketball" and watch him. He is a great one and go get him Archie. ;'
He is skilled but he will have to grow and fill out a ton before he is BIG caliber. I’m guessing that’s what IU and Pu will do. Keep tabs on him in case he does fill out.

The kid can play, if he stats healthy. He needs to grow a bit, but he has a feel for the game. Worst case, he's the next Brody Boyd, but he reminds me more of Jordy Hulls. What team couldn't use a Jordy? Even if he's just Matt Roth, a pure shooter with limited other skills, he's worth a look. You can't have more than one of him on a team without your defense suffering, but he could be a good 4-year player.

Reactions: Sassy61 and T.M.P.
Agreed...need to keep an eye on this kid.

He's got a lot of talent.

Reactions: Sassy61
Wouldn't he be in the 2021 class

He is skilled but he will have to grow and fill out a ton before he is BIG caliber. I’m guessing that’s what IU and Pu will do. Keep tabs on him in case he does fill out.
I would trust that approach than Cream’s catch and release method.

Purdue already had Brown in for a visit. I saw Luke Brown last HS basketball season and he can play. Great shooter snd passer, a better scorer as a Freshman than Jordan Hulls. Brown averaged almost 30 ppg as a Freshman. His passing sets him apart. I really like Brown. Don't let the small school or their schedule fool you. Kid was orginally from Brownsburg I believe, where Gordon Hayward was from. Luke Brown set their school record with 47 points, while only a Freshman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sassy61
Purdue already had Brown in for a visit. I saw Luke Brown last HS basketball season and he can play. Great shooter snd passer, a better scorer as a Freshman than Jordan Hulls. Brown averaged almost 30 ppg as a Freshman. His passing sets him apart. I really like Brown. Don't let the small school or their schedule fool you. Kid was orginally from Brownsburg I believe, where Gordon Hayward was from. Luke Brown set their school record with 47 points, while only a Freshman.

Luke Brown never played at Brownsburg High School. He was a freshman last year at Blackford.

He moved to Blackford for his Freshman year of HS.

The way you worded it made it sound like you were saying he set records at Brownsburg. Regardless, he is a very good player, but I do worry about his body developing as he was a little older for a freshman last season.

The way you worded it made it sound like you were saying he set records at Brownsburg. Regardless, he is a very good player, but I do worry about his body developing as he was a little older for a freshman last season.
His issue will be how athletic will he get and will he be able to guard anyone

His issue will be how athletic will he get and will he be able to guard anyone

He doesn't seem unathletic, he just needs to grow a couple inches and add some muscle. Yes, he was only a freshman last season, but he was a 16-year-old freshman so there's a chance he won't grow any more.

Reactions: MG80
How did Jordan Hulls and Tom Coverdale guard other PG in the B1G? When Brown gets more physically mature in 3 more years he will have the strength to hold his own against D1 guards. Luke Brown appears to have good court presence and high BB IQ, along with great shooting range, passing, and ball handling.

Last edited:
How did Jordan Hulls and Tom Coverdale guard other PG in the B1G? When Brown gets more physically mature in 3 more years he will have the strength to hold his own against D1 guards. Luke Brown appears to have good court presence and high BB IQ, along with great shooting range, passing, and ball handling.
Coverdale and Brown are not even close I. Physicality. Coverdale was very strong, thick and pretty quick. hulls struggled defensively

Also I’m not saying he won’t be IU caliber...I just think it’s to early to tell.

Reactions: Sassy61 and T.M.P.
He doesn't seem unathletic, he just needs to grow a couple inches and add some muscle. Yes, he was only a freshman last season, but he was a 16-year-old freshman so there's a chance he won't grow any more.

Players play if they get a chance. Was there ever a more unimposing "physical" specimen in the Big 10 than Jay Burson? And yet he was a productive player before being injured. Hell, our own coach was a 5' nothing PG in the ACC and he also was a good player. The video I've seen of the kid looks legit for a freshman, regardless of age. Definitely someone to keep tabs on, and I'll bet barring injury, he's making some college team better in a few years.

Reactions: ROBBOB
As a Freshman, Luke Brown was impressive.
You have to be impressed with his attitude. The kid is getting everything out of his abilities. The real question is how much bigger is he going to get? I would think IU could get a higher skilled player than Luke. I wish him nothing but the best. If he grows a lot then perhaps we can take a stronger look.

You have to be impressed with his attitude. The kid is getting everything out of his abilities. The real question is how much bigger is he going to get? I would think IU could get a higher skilled player than Luke. I wish him nothing but the best. If he grows a lot then perhaps we can take a stronger look.
Cool story, Calvin.

I'm not familiar with his school or the competition he plays. I'm sure he has appeared on the radar of the Indiana schools, but he may not be known outside the state yet. That would change if he plays against high profile schools or in an AAU program that has played in the big tournaments.

I'm sure Archie or the staff is aware of him. It wouldn't hurt for him to make an unofficial visit to get to see the program uto p close in case he develops into a player we want to have at IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT