ADVERTISEMENT

2020 opener moved to Friday

Well that sucks. I was planning on going to the game with a few buddies, but now that it's on a Friday I doubt they'll be able to attend. :mad::mad:

Reactions: vesuvius13
LIke CTA, I HATE College FB on Friday nights. It's a Saturday game!

I do like IU's chances in this with Wiscy graduating their key RB and sure a few others, and IU returning a lot. Let's hope Wunderkid Sheridan has a superb package ready and Womack is improved in his overall planning with most D returning and more experienced.

I do like IU's chances in this with Wiscy graduating their key RB and sure a few others, and IU returning a lot. Let's hope Wunderkid Sheridan has a superb package ready and Womack is improved in his overall planning with most D returning and more experienced.
Let's see who Wisconsin gets through the transfer portal first

As much as I hate the concept of stealing the spotlight on Friday nights from high schools, this makes a road trip to Wisky more appealing to me. From central Indiana I can drive to Madison on Friday, catch the game and stay overnight. Spend Saturday of Labor Day weekend exploring the city, and catch the night life of Mad-town on Saturday night (apologies to No Vertical, but Madison is a FUN place to be on a fall weekend). Drive home Sunday morning and still have Monday to rest and recover before heading back to work Tuesday.

Yeah, not a fan of the Friday night thing. Iowa has to play Iowa State the previous week with an untested RS Junior under center and then turn around to play Minnesota on the following Friday. That is one day less to prepare. At least for Purdue, it does not impact classes and readiness quite so much.

Good luck to you next year. Your team speed makes Indiana fun team to watch.

Parity in the B1G is tough, everyone is upgrading facilities and bringing in motivated coaches. Northwestern has an incredible practice palace right now. Nebraska is putting $175 million in upgrades in its already vaunted sports facilities. Purdue put $60 million into a football facility (I mean Purdue? can't we count on at least them being a whipping post?) Even Rutgers with Schiano coming in has committed to pouring money into their facilities and they are kind of the have nots of the Big10. Donors are digging deep.

Last edited:
if it were a day game i could see someone having an issue, but with an evening kick off, (which everyone is assuming), i don't see the big issue.

for an early sept game, i personally would prefer a fri eve game to a noon or 3pm kick saturday game, just because the heat and sun can be so oppressive in sept, especially early-mid sept.

hopefully we get some good evening kickoff sept home games this yr.

Des, I have a feeling I will be at 35th/Shields a lot this summer.
As a lifelong Cardinals fan I root for the White Sox in the AL. In part because they are the closest American League franchise, partly because I saw them play at old Comiskey Park a few times as a kid, and partly because it drives Cubs fans insane when the White Sox are good.:D

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Old Comiskey Park brings back a lot of memories for me - and most of them were bad. I went there one time with several friends for a 6 p.m. start and one of the guys had to be back in South Bend by midnight for work. That wouldn't have been a problem, except there was a long rain delay and we finally left at 9 p.m. and expected a rain out. Instead, the game started at 9:30 and we didn't even get a rain check for our wait of over three hours.

Then there was a Moose Lodge bus trip for a DH. The bus had no restroom, so there required several stops along the way. People had imbibed quite a bit before we even left. Then the bus broke down at one point and had to be fixed. It hadn't been raining when we left, but started when we got closer to the Windy City. Then we heard on the radio that the games were rained out. We had to continue to the park for exchange of tickets for a future game. That was another long delay. Then we stopped for a meal at McDonald's and KFC, but we didn't see the KFC and thought they were stopping for a second time. So were about seven hours on traveling without any games or a meal. Then we couldn't reach my friend's wife who had dropped us off at the bus pickup point. What a great day that was!

Are you sure about that? The Ryder Cup is three weeks later. They probably don't want you hacking up the course.

Yeah, checked that.

Per them, Straits will be open til 9/11. I'm sure it will be a clustereff with all the construction and stuff though.

Also looked at a Sand Valley / Erin Hills combo....

Yeah, checked that.

Per them, Straits will be open til 9/11. I'm sure it will be a clustereff with all the construction and stuff though.

Also looked at a Sand Valley / Erin Hills combo....
Wow. Surprised they are only taking 2 weeks to get the course ready. Well, it will be in Ryder Cup shape when you play it. Can’t beat that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT