ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Maui Invitational Participant

Ticket packages went on sale today. We bought ours. This will be our 6th Maui Invitational to watch the Hoosiers—have attended all but IU’s first appearance there.

When the team loses and loses badly like we have done recently in that tourney, does it ruin your vacation? Or if not you, did you notice or hear about that occurring with other hoosier fans? If I am gonna spend 10k on vacation for me and a chick, I am fearful the hoosiers winning or losing will determine my trip.

Ticket packages went on sale today. We bought ours. This will be our 6th Maui Invitational to watch the Hoosiers—have attended all but IU’s first appearance there.
Plan to make first trip this year, any advice would be appreciated. Like where to stay, tickets, do you use IU travel, etc.
Thanks

Plan to make first trip this year, any advice would be appreciated. Like where to stay, tickets, do you use IU travel, etc.
Thanks
You flying from the Midwest??? Worst part about going to Maui is the long plane ride, if you can go business class pay for it, coming back really sucks with 6 hour difference, rent a VRBO, hit the Costco after leaving Maui airport as food is expensive there...………...

When the team loses and loses badly like we have done recently in that tourney, does it ruin your vacation? Or if not you, did you notice or hear about that occurring with other hoosier fans? If I am gonna spend 10k on vacation for me and a chick, I am fearful the hoosiers winning or losing will determine my trip.
We spent New Years on Maui two years ago, it's so beautiful IU could lose every game in the tournament and you wouldn't be too bummed. We stayed out in Hana and the night sky was one of the most amazing things I ever witnessed (no light pollution).

Thanks
We buy the all-tournament package, which includes tickets to all 12 games with reserved seats, hotel (Hyatt,
Sheraton, or Westin), shuttle to/from hotel and arena, and Maui Jim sunglasses. We’re staying at the Hyatt, where IU team will stay. Go to mauiinvitational.com and click on Tickets for info. Phone is 1-800-856-0024. We don’t rent a car because it is more trouble than it’s worth. Also, since we have been to Maui many times, we just go for the games. We make our flight arrangements separately, but we live in CA.

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT