ADVERTISEMENT

2020 apparently the B10

indy1203

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2002
is out of the Holiday Bowl, playing in a Las Vegas bowl instead.
LNJWZI-H

Verified account@Brett_McMurphy
Among changes in new 2020 bowl cycle sources told @Stadium: SEC/Big Ten vs. Pac-12 in Las Vegas; SEC/Big Ten in Belk vs. ACC; ACC replaces B1G in Holiday; Pac-12 vs. MWC in new LA Bowl; ACC to Outback if Big Ten in Orange; MAC replaces Sun Belt in Arizona

Meh...The Holiday Bowl is an awesome event. I went in 96 when Colorado played Washington. We spent the night at the Hotel Del Coronado. My morning view was better than anything Vegas has to offer by a mile! :) Vegas has nothing on San Diego!

I’m 26 not 50. I played in a softball tournament in Vegas last year and had a blast. Going back again for same tournament next month. Flights and hotels are much cheaper, bowl experience would be significantly cheaper. I’m sure San Diego is great. Just not my cup of tea.

I’m 26 not 50. I played in a softball tournament in Vegas last year and had a blast. Going back again for same tournament next month. Flights and hotels are much cheaper, bowl experience would be significantly cheaper. I’m sure San Diego is great. Just not my cup of tea.
I'm not much of a gambler and the Las Vegas glitz holds no appeal for me but the cheap, direct flights and an abundance of affordable hotels has tremendous appeal. For me personally, going to a bowl game is mostly about the game itself. The logistics of getting to a bowl game in California (not to mention the expense) is a challenge during the holidays. I like the idea of being able to fly direct to LV from Indy on game day or the day before and returning the next day or the day after.

While the weather in San Diego is nearly always perfect, Las Vegas is usually decent in late December.

I'm not much of a gambler and the Las Vegas glitz holds no appeal for me but the cheap, direct flights and an abundance of affordable hotels has tremendous appeal. For me personally, going to a bowl game is mostly about the game itself. The logistics of getting to a bowl game in California (not to mention the expense) is a challenge during the holidays. I like the idea of being able to fly direct to LV from Indy on game day or the day before and returning the next day or the day after.

While the weather in San Diego is nearly always perfect, Las Vegas is usually decent in late December.

Although, for the people that aren't interested in stereotypical "Las Vegas," it is also just an hour or 2 drive to a lot of National/State Parks (Grand Canyon, Zion, Death Valley, Mojave, Valley of Fire), and 3 hours to Joshua Tree and Grand Staircase-Escalante - lots of great day trip options.

Age has nothing to do with it...But I get it. Vegas is fun I used to be there all the time on business. I just prefer the beach.

EVERY time I go to Vegas after a couple days of all the same ole I drive out to Hoover Dam and the black canyon. That sight never gets old. We still go out to Vegas for the Supercross race every year. Thats always a good time.

Anyways to each his own. If IU made a bowl game in Vegas it would probably draw more than if they were in San Diego

Last edited:
Meh...The Holiday Bowl is an awesome event. I went in 96 when Colorado played Washington. We spent the night at the Hotel Del Coronado. My morning view was better than anything Vegas has to offer by a mile! :) Vegas has nothing on San Diego!
I agree. I was there in 1979 when Indiana beat Brigham Young. We stayed the next week and had a great time. Plenty of things to do. We even drove up the coast and visited Disneyland.

Reactions: snowling
Personally, I wish there were no set bowls for conferences (the Rose Bowl being the lone exception). I'm sure it makes it easier (and perhaps necessary?) but I would love to have the chance at experiencing any bowl out there, see more cities rather than the handful we are locked into.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I would love to have the chance at experiencing any bowl out there, see more cities rather than the handful we are locked into.

ha I definitely understand what you are trying to say but......we can't even get around the bowls we have in the B1G as is....

If Robert Kraft had gone to Vegas instead of FL, he wouldn't be in so much trouble right now...

ha I definitely understand what you are trying to say but......we can't even get around the bowls we have in the B1G as is....
Wishful thinking on my part, i know!! And I haven't even been able to afford to go on the couple of bowl trips we have actually made either, so I guess I'm getting way ahead of myself!

Reactions: YOTHN
Wishful thinking on my part, i know!! And I haven't even been able to afford to go on the couple of bowl trips we have actually made either, so I guess I'm getting way ahead of myself!

HA! That's great. But hypothetically speaking, I agree.

Personally, I wish there were no set bowls for conferences (the Rose Bowl being the lone exception). I'm sure it makes it easier (and perhaps necessary?) but I would love to have the chance at experiencing any bowl out there, see more cities rather than the handful we are locked into.
What?... we’ve been to 7 different bowl games dating back to 87 or so...which one are you tired of?smh

What?... we’ve been to 7 different bowl games dating back to 87 or so...which one are you tired of?smh
You are missing my point. Yes, I know.....in reality, it doesn't matter because we haven't been to many bowl games and there are no repeats (except for the Peach Bowl back in the day). But, I'm a huge bowl fan. I see like the Sun Bowl in El Paso; I think that would be cool to go see IU play in. But that will never be, because it is ACC vs. Pac-12. Understand? I just wish they were all open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT