ADVERTISEMENT

2019 roster

GeddyHoosier

All-Big Ten
Feb 1, 2006
https://iuhoosiers.com/roster.aspx?roster=522&path=msoc

Wow 30 guys on the roster. Good luck to Yeags sorting out all that talent and finding the right line up. Here's my guess:
Caulfield starting GK
Jack Maher, Kleyn, Glass, AJ probably all start
Aiden Morris and Josh Penn play plenty-maybe not start. All other freshman redshirt.
Ian Black, Schmidt, Warr and the 2 senior transfers from FIU/Evansville) get plenty of playing time.
The rest is up for grabs.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling
It looks like there is a ton of talent. Bezerra, Penn and Wittenbrink are all freshman from the Chicago area and all are supposed to be big-time talents. Naperville North has won three straight state titles without Penn - I'd forgotten about him.

Has anyone heard how the trio above has been doing?

It looks like there is a ton of talent. Bezerra, Penn and Wittenbrink are all freshman from the Chicago area and all are supposed to be big-time talents. Naperville North has won three straight state titles without Penn - I'd forgotten about him.

Has anyone heard how the trio above has been doing?

Wittenbrink red-shirted last year. He looked good in what I saw during the spring season and I think he gets plenty of playing time this year. Penn and Bezerra and true frosh, so who knows. I saw an interview with Todd and he basically said he expects Penn to be a soccer version of "1 and done." Haven't heard much about Bezerra. A few exhibition matches coming up in mid-August, so we'll get a better idea of what the depth chart looks like.

Reactions: snowling and Seyton
Wittenbrink red-shirted last year. He looked good in what I saw during the spring season and I think he gets plenty of playing time this year. Penn and Bezerra and true frosh, so who knows. I saw an interview with Todd and he basically said he expects Penn to be a soccer version of "1 and done." Haven't heard much about Bezerra. A few exhibition matches coming up in mid-August, so we'll get a better idea of what the depth chart looks like.

Thank you, GH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT