ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruits

iujumbo

Freshman
Dec 6, 2004
Has anyone seen a list of IU's recruits for next season? Did any of them get drafted?

I can't seem to find it on the IU site, so any intel is appreciated.

Has anyone seen a list of IU's recruits for next season? Did any of them get drafted?

I can't seem to find it on the IU site, so any intel is appreciated.

The IU baseball website is poor. I can't think of a good reason not to list the signings last fall but if they did i can't find it in the archives. I would say I don't remember seeing it but at my age that doesn't carry much wieght.

https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx

Get the year you want replace Alabama with Indiana and click by college to get that committment class. The next space down shows rankings in state and where they committed.

The Perfectgame website provides a lot of free information including state rankings of kids and college recruiting committmnets. The site info is from the kid's perspective so all of the kids listed for IU or any other school are unlikely to be on the spring '18 roster.

Matt Litwicki a highly regarded pitcher in Indiana this year was not drafted and I don't believe any others from IU's class were.

I really think it's way past time to step up the baseball info on these recruiting websites. It can't be that difficult for these to guys who do it for a living, to get the info they need being around it as their job. I certainly will not subscribe to any recruiting site that does not have the info readily available.

Clarification: PerfectGame is about developing youth baseball. They even have a college summer league where Gorski and Sallfrank are playing. They do provide recruiting information but as I said it is from the kid's perspective.

I suppose the Rivals site coild do more and at some places they do, but that is a function of demand and supply. Do the customers demand it, does the team supply it.

To me the fault with regard to IU baseball info goes to the athletic department nad the internal IUHoosiers.com site, and by extension to the baseball program itself. These school sites should be about building fan interest and one way to do that is by providing information about the team and players. For some reason the IU site is lacking with regard to baseball.

Reactions: CF77 and snowling
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT