ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Preview

Great article about the OL. How well they play this fall will be the key to the entire season (in my opinion).
Agree the OL is key. Just watched some Brandon Dawkins
highlights, very Randle El like. With an above average OL
and Dawkins things could be very interesting.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
6 wins is the ceiling with Mike Debord. The guy is the least innovative OC in football. We had a great shot at Matt Canada but of course he goes to Maryland.

6 wins is the ceiling with Mike Debord. The guy is the least innovative OC in football. We had a great shot at Matt Canada but of course he goes to Maryland.

You're wrong about Debord and he'll prove it on the scoreboard this fall.

We'll always have a shot at Matt. Historically, he seems to switch jobs about every three years (or less).

You're wrong about Debord and he'll prove it on the scoreboard this fall.

We'll always have a shot at Matt. Historically, he seems to switch jobs about every three years (or less).

Hope you’re right about Debord. If Dawkins starts I have some hope that Debord is able to do...something on offense. Dawkins is debord’s preferred style of QB so if he can’t get it done with Dawkins then Allen needs to dump him.

I don't understand the angst against DeBord. How is he the least innovative OC? What was he supposed to do with last years roster? Even though Lagow was not a spread option QB we would have failed miserably running the I with the OL we had. This year the OL seems to have plenty of talent and depth. Again before we throw the guy under the bus can we please see what happens this year?

That OL article leaves me with alot of hope! :)

JMO but Penix could surprise quite a few people this year. He may challenge even as a freshman.

I'm still a Ramsey guy. If he can stay healthy (a healthy, solid OL will determine that), I think he will win the starting job, or at minimum, split reps with our grad transfer...

Should be interesting to watch it all pan out...

I'm still a Ramsey guy. If he can stay healthy (a healthy, solid OL will determine that), I think he will win the starting job, or at minimum, split reps with our grad transfer...

Should be interesting to watch it all pan out...
Agree will be interesting. We have 3 possibly 4 solids at the position

That's good news because Penix came in a little light.

Is the press conference on YouTube?

Here is a pic of the 22mph group. All 4 QB's are present and Penix looks pretty good. This was taken July 19th
Dif9KK4W0AEaexF.jpg

Here is a pic of the 22mph group. All 4 QB's are present and Penix looks pretty good. This was taken July 19th
Dif9KK4W0AEaexF.jpg

Still looks like he (Penix) could use some more muscle in order to survive the rigors of Big Ten play to me...

10-12 more pounds of muscle would serve him well (in my opinion)...

Reactions: vesuvius13
Still looks like he (Penix) could use some more muscle in order to survive the rigors of Big Ten play to me...

10-12 more pounds of muscle would serve him well (in my opinion)...
Ya have to admit though there has been a lot smaller guys under center before. He's a pretty big guy and is probably tough to bring down. Imagine 4 years from now. :)

Dang. Hard to please you guys. For a freshman QB he is a big boy, IMO.

I'm happy he's here, I'm just hoping he gets his feet wet the relatively easy way and not getting bounced around like a pinball back there the way a few others did back under Wilson...

I looking forward to seeing him for two or three quarters this fall but feel strongly that he needs to bulk up some more to endure a full Big Ten East diet of DE & blitzing LBs & SS's...

Just my opinion (and I'm sticking with it ;))...

The two depth chart links you provided snowling deserve their own threads. Those are excellent insights and stats from last years team. The snaps played and quality of snaps played give a nice glimpse as to what we actually have available.

Offensively we look STOUT! We should be putting plenty of points on the board with all the returnees we have.

The defense...I'm sure there will be plenty of rotating until things settle in. that should be interesting to watch.

Awesome write up!!!!!

Funny because all LSU fans said exactly what you just said about Debord about Canada. Every fan base hates their OC unless they understand the game of football.

The difference is Canada was a finalist for the Broyles award for best coordinators in 2016. Canada has had some excellent offenses, everyone questioned the hire by Ed O because their styles don't mesh.

LSU fans complained when they lost to Alabama in the NC.

Reactions: codylance
ADVERTISEMENT