ADVERTISEMENT

2018 class..

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
this class will be huge for Archie moving forward. Doesn't feel like we are leading for anyone currently and it's hard to get a feel for how he is doing with this group. Could be a classnif 4-6 kids. i doubt we land Romeo so who headlines this class?

We are definitely playing catch up but I'm confident we'll get a few good players. It could be similar to Crean's second class... Watford, Creek, Hulls, Elston, etc. I think 2019 is when we land a 5 star or two. Romeo will give us a look though.

I think that a recruit would want to see what Indiana's new brand of basketball looks like before making a commitment. May not get a lot of new recruits until after the season begins.

Reactions: 76Frosh and ORG
this class will be huge for Archie moving forward. Doesn't feel like we are leading for anyone currently and it's hard to get a feel for how he is doing with this group. Could be a classnif 4-6 kids. i doubt we land Romeo so who headlines this class?

Garland.

And since a lot of kids wait until spring now, I won't freak out if we don't get a huge/great class in the fall.

Plus, lots of good grad transfers now.

We could be surprised with how well CAM does in '18 and '19. It feels like outside of UK/Duke, there aren't any recruiting juggernauts- UNC and Roy are waning, Self and KU too, Izzo and MSU are getting a little stale, Pitino? CAM is in position to be the next big young coach at a namebrand school. Could happen..

Reactions: hondo314
[
We could be surprised with how well CAM does in '18 and '19. It feels like outside of UK/Duke, there aren't any recruiting juggernauts- UNC and Roy are waning, Self and KU too, Izzo and MSU are getting a little stale, Pitino? CAM is in position to be the next big young coach at a namebrand school. Could happen..
Alford,
Sean Miller
Self
IZzo
All are recruiting at an elite level currently.

UNC just won the ncaa, Izzo & MSU are recruiting better than they ever have. Self & KU keep winning. Not sure what you are talking about.

If waning is being in the ncaa title game two years in a row, I want IU to be waning.

It's probably hard to get a feel for how he is doing because he's only been here for a month.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Fred Glass did what he had to do for the future of IU Basketball and its signature sport by firing a coach whose program was stagnant and woefully inconsistent and hiring the rising young coach Archie Miller. Archie is one of the brightest young coaches in the entire country. IU basketball just beat the other blue blood schools to front of the line in hiring the first of the next generation of great young college basketball coaches.

Last edited:
UNC just won the ncaa, Izzo & MSU are recruiting better than they ever have. Self & KU keep winning. Not sure what you are talking about.

Just BC u win a championship 20 years later doesn't mean your recruiting at a elite level.
I think what op was saying is there's uk/duke, then wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the line is the others you mentioned.
So I guess it depends on how you interpret elite, but even then, it those you listed are elite..what are UK and duke???

People are looking to far inside the box, Miller & Iu will land big names when they turn into a hot consistent winning team.
Thats just the way it is.
Can Miller break that barrier? Only time will tell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT