ADVERTISEMENT

AOTF NFL Kickoff Contest on Draftkings

4 spots left for the Masters contest. Seems like this should fill. If you're still intrested I'd get in while you can.

Go Speith!

Trying to replicate the comeback of his buddy (the GOAT).

Spieth brought up the Patriots’ win in Super Bowl LI as an example of a comeback victory. Spieth is good friends with Tom Brady, playing Augusta National with him two weeks ago.

“New experience for me, coming from behind on Sunday at the Masters, which is kind of fun to say,” he said. “Obviously the Super Bowl this year is a very clear example of somebody who just refused to lose and the entire team refused to lose and therefore didn’t give up, felt the momentum. And when the momentum’s on their side, they ran with it.”

Last edited:
F'ing Fowler!!!

Missed cut on me last week, I don't take him this week and what's he do but shoot lights out in the first round and sit atop the leaders board. Damn it Ricky!

@Timmy! with the hat trick. Zero players making it to Saturday! Yet, still not in last place. :p

Beat me to it. Is this a first?

This is a first as far as I know. I know it's the first time I've personally ever submitted a lineup that had all 6 miss the cut, and I'm talking about in any PGA contest ever, not just the AOTF douchebag contest, and I've participated in hundreds and hundreds of them on DraftKings.

What's particularly amazing about my 0/6 lineup are the names of the guys I had in there. Now I know what it feels like to be Tom Crean, because to fail so miserably with all the talent I had...that should never happen...unless you suck as much as that guy does/did. On paper my lineup was loaded with talent - Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, Adam Scott, Thomas Pieters, Byeong Hun-An, and Pat Perez. Furthermore, all 6 of them had been good form prior to the U.S. Open, so it's not like any of 'em gave me any reason to believe that form wouldn't continue for at least ONE of them.

And it's not just my guys who missed the cut this year. Incredibly, you also have the world's #1 (Dustin Johnson), #2 (Rory Mcllroy) AND #3 (Jason Day) ranked players all miss the cut. In fact, all in all, 8 of the world's top 12 missed the cut for the 2017 U.S. Open. In addition to the top three of Johnson, Mcllroy, Day, you also have #6 Stenson, #8 Noren, #10 Rahm, #11 Rose & #12 Scott all out before the weekend.

I can't ever recall a PGA event where the top 3 players in the world and 8 of the top 12 all failed to make the cut. I believe this is unprecedented. Still no excuse though, I'm embarrassed and ashamed.

Reactions: Eppy99 and twenty02
That's what I was saying a couple of days ago. I signed up for the wrong one.

As it stands now, I'm going to be a winner!
I have no idea how two were started. The last time I checked there were like 14 people in the one I've entered.

That's what I was saying a couple of days ago. I signed up for the wrong one.

As it stands now, I'm going to be a winner!
I see the two contests you mentioned. I don't know how it happened. I just sent you an invite for the other one. You can easily withdraw from the incorrect contest. I will keep an eye on this as there's currently two people in the wrong contest.

Yeah - I'll play. Figured you would have to drop the # down - so was waiting anyway.
We have a lot of people from last year that haven't entered yet so I'm still optimistic we can fill.

Thought I was good for golf this week having all 6 make the cut...but about all of us did...guess it wont be an easy climb into the payouts...

Thought I was good for golf this week having all 6 make the cut...but about all of us did...guess it wont be an easy climb into the payouts...
I kinda expected that this week with a smaller field. Took some bigger chances than I usually would.

Yeah - I'll play. Figured you would have to drop the # down - so was waiting anyway.
time for you to get your ass in the game. You know me, I'm gonna bust my ass to fill this mother. don't wait for me to set up a 30 person, it might not happen. @IU40IU we need you brother. I promise, this will be the only week we do a $10 for the big contest.

15 spots left, it's creeping along. We'll fill this thing. You guys might hate me, but we'll fill it.

time for you to get your ass in the game. You know me, I'm gonna bust my ass to fill this mother. don't wait for me to set up a 30 person, it might not happen. @IU40IU we need you brother. I promise, this will be the only week we do a $10 for the big contest.
all right. i am in.

all right. i am in.
Atta boy!!!
59ad7b708118a7ec6f7fd4899ddb0158.jpg

2d644545983909d501da7cea1cd8e1a1.jpg

9b9ab689caa59bc2e63f8bcd354b4825.jpg

a7e0af61bcced8a1e25d9f85d2844df1.jpg

Reactions: IU40IU
I didn't think I had a chance, because my QB-WR stack (Palmer-Fitzgerald) didn't really have that good of a day, but imagine my surprise when I checked in around 6:00 CST and was in the lead!

Sweet.
That was a real nice lineup you had. 170 points would have been worth about $200 in the million Maker contest.

That was a real nice lineup you had. 170 points would have been worth about $200 in the million Maker contest.
I was checking out the rosters of the top ten or so finishers in the Billion $ contest, and most of those paired Goff with Kupp. I won $6 in that one, so all in all, not a bad weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT