ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Schedule Analysis

IU1979

Freshman
Sep 3, 2001
Assuming "bowling" is the next bar, we have to do much better in Big Ten competition. Home contests are Ohio State, Rutgers, Iowa, and Michigan. I would like to see a balanced team at a 3-1 clip on home games. Away contests are Penn State, Michigan State, Maryland, and Purdue. That is more challenging, but we should target for one or two wins (upset). Overall, a .500 clip in Big Ten, coupled with a minimum 3-1 non-conference. 7-5 overall. This will not be easy given the expected loss of our offensive back in Coleman.

I dunno . . .

WKU beat Navy this year, and outlasted unbeaten Marshall as well. I don't know what they have coming back, but a good bit of it has to be holdovers from the brief Petrino era.

It is easier then we had just this past season, but the WKU game is pretty similar to the Bowling Green game for us this year. That's a team that can beat us. Just have to see what WKU did to Marshall past week to see that. But yes, they should ( and HAVE to) go 4-0 in that span.

"In 2006, the Salukis defeated Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, 35-28. (coached by Jerry Kill)"

I do not see any of the non-conference opponents as a guaranteed win. Those schools are seeking a win against Div1 / $ to help define their season. Wake is our equivalent from a power conference (ACC). The others will be motivated.

The more I look into the schedule...I cannot help but think we simply have to compete and compete well. Then, the season record will take care of itself. (optimistic, and hopeful for a good spring / summer for our team).

While they may all be challenging I do not see any that we should not have a good opportunity to have a chance to win.
Certainly going 4-0 in our NC portion of the schedule would set us up very well to become bowl eligible.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

don't be so quick as to write off Coleman....

Gordon came back to Wisconsin. I know they have a better team and i think that would be one reason for him(TC) to go. But he has a legit shot at the Heisman next year!

Re: I dunno . . .

Not saying they are "easy" just probably the easiest games on our schedule. And definitely the most likely path to 6 or 7 wins includes going 4-0 in those games.

Coleman

I don't know why but something keeps telling me that Coleman comes back for his senior year. What more could he do at IU?

- Win the Heisman Trophy
- Team goes bowling

Then again with the possibility of Millions sitting around the corner it would be hard to delay for a year.

Lets hope someone shows him what Marcus Mariota and Melvin Gordon accomplished by coming back for another year.

Re: Coleman

Originally posted by iubhounds:
I don't know why but something keeps telling me that Coleman comes back for his senior year. What more could he do at IU

- Win the Heisman Trophy
- Team goes bowling

Then again with the possibility of Millions sitting around the corner it would be hard to delay for a year.

Lets hope someone shows him what Marcus Mariota and Melvin Gordon accomplished by coming back for another year.
He is gone and you would to will never have this high of ceiling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT