ADVERTISEMENT

2012 IU game vs. Ball State (9/16/2012)

Jun 1, 2003
Looking for video’s and photo’s of the last play of the game. It was a field goal by Ball State. The game was at Indiana Sept. 16th, 2012. Please send to ms@fan.com Thank You

Unfortunately I was there. Been trying to erase that from my memory for a long time.VBG . Still feel like IU got hosed on a catch by BSU that looked clearly out of bounds. I was sitting nearthe NEZ and had a better view than most. That catch helped put BSU in field goal range iirc.

That was an awful defeat. Ball State worked Indiana over pretty good during those years, how embarrassing that was.

I wish to look forward to better days for Indiana Football. It's amazing that Indiana has the attendance numbers they do when you flash back to inexcusable losses like this.

Was this the game where BSUs WR Love was paralyzed? If it was I was there but I was drunk, so its kinda fuzzy! That guy woulda been an NFL star.

Was this the game where BSUs WR Love was paralyzed? If it was I was there but I was drunk, so its kinda fuzzy! That guy woulda been an NFL star.
That was awful, I’ve never heard a stadium get so quiet. The other thing I remember was that the IU training staff was out there almost instantly. I carry binoculars at games, and when we scored after the fumble recovery, I looked back right away to see if there was a penalty (years of training as an IU football fan). So, we score, I pan back to where the hit was near the IU sidelines, and the IU trainers were already out there. Kind of stuff that makes you think twice about football.

Reactions: 76-1 and RBB89
No that was before my time, but I went to that game as a fan. Love was one of my favorite players in high school. Bad injury. I think he walked again and recovered soon after, but obviously was done with football. Saw him do some interviews with the neck brace.

BSU had a solid team though. Winning ended up in the NFL. Snead had some really good years with New Orleans (he may still be there). Jamil Smith (another WR) is playing well in Canada. They had a solid offensive line. They weren’t more talented, but were talented enough that our defense not knowing where to line up was going to be exploited. I’ll never forget Ryan Thompson not contesting the sideline throw that led to the field goal. We all watched that like “what just happened.” Don’t know if it was a catch or not, but it really shouldn’t have come down to that in the first place.

So this has to be a Ball State fan that wants pictures hahaha. Painful.

Reactions: 76-1 and RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT