ADVERTISEMENT

2 ways to save the 2021 recruiting class

Crean’s first class he landed Mr B-ball Hulls. Next class Oladipo. Then Zeller. Then Yogi and co. And look where he started compared to Archie. Archie hasn’t even made the tournament yet.
If Hulls was in Crean's first class, then Romeo was Archie's first.

Did you forget about Pritch, Verdell, and the gang?

Reactions: minneman
So it’s never happened in 80 years yet it was A LOCK to happen this year? I wonder why that is. Probably nothing to do with bias.
You are a complete mess. You do realize it does happen. Teams finishing lower make the tournament. Happens often. It didn’t matter where they finished.

You are a complete mess. You do realize it does happen. Teams finishing lower make the tournament. Happens often. It didn’t matter where they finished.
Please name me one time the 11th place Big Ten team made the tournament. Just one. Should be easy if it happens often.

If Hulls was in Crean's first class, then Romeo was Archie's first.

Did you forget about Pritch, Verdell, and the gang?
Everyone here already counts Romeo’s class as Archie’s first. All I’m asking is consistency. Which is rare on here.

Please name me one time the 11th place Big Ten team made the tournament. Just one. Should be easy if it happens often.
You doof. You didn’t even read the post. You mention Purdue being higher than us. I gave an example of a similar conference. That had a team in the 11th spot with two teams that beat said team higher in the conference that didn’t make the tournament. It may not have happened in the B1G but it has happened.

You doof. You didn’t even read the post. You mention Purdue being higher than us. I gave an example of a similar conference. That had a team in the 11th spot with two teams that beat said team higher in the conference that didn’t make the tournament. It may not have happened in the B1G but it has happened.
It’s never happened in the HISTORY of the conference yet you say it happens regularly. Just say you were wrong.

It’s never happened in the HISTORY of the conference yet you say it happens regularly. Just say you were wrong.
I was talking about total history. Not per conference. You can’t say it never happened ever if you don’t include other conferences. The ACC and B1G are similar in size. The B1G has only had 14 schools since 2014. It opened the door for things like this to happen and it has happened(Syracuse 2018). It will happen again. Marquette did it in 2011 out of the big east.

Last edited:
What happens regularly is a team finishing lower in the conference making the tournament over the team(s) that finished higher in the conference.

more of this garbage? Never has anyone ever wanted their “team” to miss the tourney more than you. So that Archie just might get fired? and we hire John Groce? You seem to follow him quite a bit. It’s a weird deal with you.

so what do you think the “team” is? You realize you are inferring that they are not a team and something else right? Guessing you just don’t know how to use quotes.

so what do you think the “team” is? You realize you are inferring that they are not a team and something else right? Guessing you just don’t know how to use quotes.

it was late and I was tired. I don’t have a butler to do all my work for me. Thanks for the correction, Bruce Wayne!

more of this garbage? Never has anyone ever wanted their “team” to miss the tourney more than you. So that Archie just might get fired? and we hire John Groce? You seem to follow him quite a bit. It’s a weird deal with you.
I would prefer for us to actually be good. Not finish 11th in the Big Ten and be a bubble team. Not after laying back to back eggs the first couple seasons. I want us to be better than that. And most fans feel the same.

What happens regularly is a team finishing lower in the conference making the tournament over the team(s) that finished higher in the conference.
11th place. ELEVENTH.

A 7th place team getting in over 6th place is common. 11th place would be historic.

I was talking about total history. Not per conference. You can’t say it never happened ever if you don’t include other conferences. The ACC and B1G are similar in size. The B1G has only had 14 schools since 2014. It opened the door for things like this to happen and it has happened(Syracuse 2018). It will happen again. Marquette did it in 2011 out of the big east.
History might have been made. It might not have been. We’ll never know. It would’ve been a toss up.

11th place. ELEVENTH.

A 7th place team getting in over 6th place is common. 11th place would be historic.
You're confusing (or possibly intentionally misrepresenting) the B1GT seed with conference standing. Fact: IU finished tied for 10th in the conference. Fact: Due to tie breakers, IU was 11th seed in the B1GT but were still tied for 10th in conference.

Neither is great but you tend to represent things in the worst possible way.

You're confusing (or possibly intentionally misrepresenting) the B1GT seed with conference standing. Fact: IU finished tied for 10th in the conference. Fact: Due to tie breakers, IU was 11th seed in the B1GT but were still tied for 10th in conference.

Neither is great but you tend to represent things in the worst possible way.
You know it’s bad when we’re arguing the difference between tied for 10th vs 11th in the conference. Especially after Purdue whipped our butts twice...again. Shows how bad the program is.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You know it’s bad when we’re arguing the difference between tied for 10th vs 11th in the conference. Especially after Purdue whipped our butts twice...again. Shows how bad the program is.
Well 1 of those 11th place teams went to the sweet 16 and was one play away from being in the elite 8. People also criticized the selection committee for picking them. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

Reactions: hondo314
Well 1 of those 11th place teams went to the sweet 16 and was one play away from being in the elite 8. People also criticized the selection committee for picking them. Look it up if you don’t believe me.
One time out of about 400 chances? That’s what you’re hanging your hat on? Ouch.

It actually hasn’t happened. It happened in a separate conference with a lot more teams. NEVER in the Big Ten.
You are the biggest imbecile on this board. I completely explained it. Never claimed it happened in the B1G. You chose to say that. I never did. It’s happened in other conferences. They have the same number of teams. You just choose to not acknowledge it. So shut the frig up about it.

You are the biggest imbecile on this board. I completely explained it. Never claimed it happened in the B1G. You chose to say that. I never did. It’s happened in other conferences. They have the same number of teams. You just choose to not acknowledge it. So shut the frig up about it.
Historic “lock”. First time in history.

I would prefer for us to actually be good. Not finish 11th in the Big Ten and be a bubble team. Not after laying back to back eggs the first couple seasons. I want us to be better than that. And most fans feel the same.

by bubble you mean 10 seed? The league was historically deep. Sorry that weirdly hurts your IU fandom.

One time out of about 400 chances? That’s what you’re hanging your hat on? Ouch.
All but one of the expert bracket makers say IU was easily in but you say they weren't. That means that you're looking at missing the cancelled tournament one time out of about 100 chances. Why are you hanging your hat on this except to be a dick?

Recruiting rankings:
2018: 4th
2019: 35th
2020: 40th

Notice a trend? I guess you’re just thrilled with this? 40th ranked recruiting classes are good for IU?
You are a complete idiot. You don’t even take in account the size of the class. So you are saying a class of TJD and Franklin was a bad class? 2020 class is getting ready to take a big jump with lander. If you hate IU so much then go away.

Reactions: Al Bino
ADVERTISEMENT