ADVERTISEMENT

2 ways to save the 2021 recruiting class

You stalk me for a reason, likely because your insecurity leads you to it. That’s nearly always borne out of fear and intimidation. So, why do I intimidate you so much? It’s an internet message board, after all.
Okay, let's try an experiment on stalking. If you reply to this post, I think we can agree you are the stalker. If you do reply, and I don't let it go, I am the stalker.
Ready, set, go...

3 5 stars in 3 years
Who? You must be confused. Did you think TJD was a 5 star? And Lander is a 5 star in 2021 not 2020.

You must have forgot that Crean signed a McD all American in 5 straight classes. Do your research.

You didn’t even swing and miss on this one. You took your flailing, emotional cut before the pitcher even walked out of the friggin locker room. How very dumb of you, Mr. Professional Social Distancer.
All of these 3 stars have you excited Mr Guarantee?

Reactions: Radio Zero
247 trended him up to 106?
Do I really have to explain this? Composite is 106. The 247 rank is 80. 247 is always ahead of everyone else. When the other sites catch up he will be a composite top 100 probably in the 80’s or better.

Do I really have to explain this? Composite is 106. The 247 rank is 80. 247 is always ahead of everyone else. When the other sites catch up he will be a composite top 100 probably in the 80’s or better.
Lol. No worries. Just funny the lengths some are going to here, especially when they haven’t seen him play. And he’s top 150 on Rivals, which is just as accurate and valid.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
Lol. No worries. Just funny the lengths some are going to here, especially when they haven’t seen him play. And he’s top 150 on Rivals, which is just as accurate and valid.

you mean picking the lowest ranking and running with because it fits your shitty narrative? Got it.

But that’s how you guys roll in Alberta, eh?

you mean picking the lowest ranking and running with because it fits your shitty narrative? Got it.

But that’s how you guys roll in Alberta, eh?
Ignoring the rankings of this site and pretending they don’t exist is how you and so many others here, who’ve never known IU as an elite program, is how you and so many others roll. It’s wishful, at best. #Fergusondumb

Ignoring the rankings of this site and pretending they don’t exist is how you and so many others here, who’ve never known IU as an elite program, is how you and so many others roll. It’s wishful, at best. #Fergusondumb
Rivals is a dead site. If you use rivals you are way behind. 247 is way more proactive. If you use ESPN well...it’s like still being on MySpace. The 80 ranking is valid and will be closer to what his ranking will be.

A.) win 4 more games this regular season and 1+game in the tournament.

B.) fire Archie and pay a coach 5+ million that actually deserves 5+ million.

We miss the tourney that class is dead. No top 75 player will come here in the loaded Indiana class.

IMO one of the following has to happen in order to not strike out in the class. Tell me I’m wrong and examples of how it can happen another way.
Why do you think the 2021 class is in need of saving? From what I have read in numerous sources, there is no danger.

Rivals is a dead site. If you use rivals you are way behind. 247 is way more proactive. If you use ESPN well...it’s like still being on MySpace. The 80 ranking is valid and will be closer to what his ranking will be.
Lol.

Not weird that you latched on to the lowest, most outdated?

#Albertasmart
Weird that you ignore the ratings from the site where you’re posting and pretend they don’t exist. I guarantee you’d swoon if they had him rated higher. You’re being transparently selective, as are the others here who've never seen IU as an elite program. #Fergusondumb

Nobody has to go to any "lengths". The recruiting is fine, especially with Muhammad and Kaufman favored to Indiana at the moment to go along with Lander, Duncomb.

He's already signed Romeo/TJD as well, the recruiting is fine.

I did not realize you couldn't read time stamps or read and digest information. I posted that after Bob Knight showed up and we got our asses handed to us. You know the 4th straight loss in a row and the verge of a shit storm? I said one of two things needed to happen for recruiting not to shit the bed. Us be good or win 4 games, well we won 5 and could have been 6 or 7 easy. So we turned it around, get it? We started playing a lot better, and if we didnt I would want to fire archie, and so would any normal IU fan. If we lost to Iowa at home and Minny on the road my tune would be way different, but we beat them....

You are trying to distance yourself from a really emotionally charged rant. Look at the people that jumped in and 'liked" it. Your post got you lumped with them. I don't think you really want to be viewed like them, so hopefully it was just a moment of insanity.

Weird that you ignore the ratings from the site where you’re posting and pretend they don’t exist. I guarantee you’d swoon if they had him rated higher. You’re being transparently selective, as are the others here who've never seen IU as an elite program. #Fergusondumb

sure. Lol. Goodnight, Alberta!

Your poor grammar indicates you’ve never attended college so you’ve obviously never attended IU. Why do you post here? I’m waiting for another big laugh.

You are trying to distance yourself from a really emotionally charged rant. Look at the people that jumped in and 'liked" it. Your post got you lumped with them. I don't think you really want to be viewed like them, so hopefully it was just a moment of insanity.

you want me to link some articles or 1000 other emotionally filled posts after that game? I basically said Archie needs to turn this shit around now or we need to fire him. And he turned it around and I acknowledged it.

Sorry I have standards and passion for IU.

Who? You must be confused. Did you think TJD was a 5 star? And Lander is a 5 star in 2021 not 2020.

You must have forgot that Crean signed a McD all American in 5 straight classes. Do your research.
TJD was a five star until the summer after his senior year. So yes he was a five star for most of his junior and senior year. Oh and you are comparing 2 completely different things. TJD was a burger boy also. Which has nothing to do with being a five star.

Reactions: kkott
Mud flying all over. Why don't we wait until November to panic. So far I see a couple of needs addressed. I listened to Todd Leary the other day. He said he liked the recruits so far. And IU is still on some very good players. Just my opinion..

Half the people in this thread still don’t understand when it was started. People are so ****ing stupid.

Your poor grammar indicates you’ve never attended college so you’ve obviously never attended IU. Why do you post here? I’m waiting for another big laugh.
Says the guy who lied about attending IU. Want to spout more garbage about the ‘81 team so you can look even dumber, Connie? After your previous attempts to pass yourself off as a fan, it will be fun to embarrass you yet again. You never led anyone. Connie.

Says the guy who lied about attending IU. Want to spout more garbage about the ‘81 team so you can look even dumber, Connie? After your previous attempts to pass yourself off as a fan, it will be fun to embarrass you yet again. You never led anyone. Connie.
You're off and running with proven lies again, dipstick. You gave me my morning chuckle. I'm sure you'll cause me to hurt my ribs laughing at you a few times today. Carry on, Mary.

It doesn't matter when it started. Many of the posts were so emotionally over the top they were ridiculous. Then you can add in the stupid troll posts to that.

my original post wasn’t emotionally over the top. Saying Archie needed to win 4 more games and turn it around or recruiting would shit the bed was a educated opinion based on the last 20 years of college basketball.

we were coming off our 4th straight loss, Archie had never made the tournament, lost 12-13 the year before and shit the bed down the stretch. If he did it again he would be on the hottest seat in the world right now.

you think if we went 7-13 more than half of IU fans wouldn’t be calling for his head? Well you might not know, because you got to assembly hall once every 10 years, but I can tell you for a fact that would be happening.

we finally started playing with effort tho, and this whole thing is moot. On the right track now and Archie should be our coach for the foreseeable future. Just don’t get it twisted old man, we were going down the path of firing Archie after PU. Call it your little fun word “emotional” if you want. Sports are fluid and if he didn’t right the ship, he’d be in high water.

You're off and running with proven lies again, dipstick. You gave me my morning chuckle. I'm sure you'll cause me to hurt my ribs laughing at you a few times today. Carry on, Mary.
Your writing style is that of a 14 year old, as are your poorly developed opinions. E-learning in your rustic little burg obviously leaves you plenty of time for posting aimlessly here. I’m sure your comic book collection is getting a thorough re-read, as well. Connie. Love that you now acknowledge I’m living, rent free, in your head. Do you dream about me, too? Connie.

Your writing style is that of a 14 year old, as are your poorly developed opinions. E-learning in your rustic little burg obviously leaves you plenty of time for posting aimlessly here. I’m sure your comic book collection is getting a thorough re-read, as well. Connie. Love that you now acknowledge I’m living, rent free, in your head. Do you dream about me, too? Connie.

I disagree with you on some things, but Hawaii doesn’t know shit about basketball. He literally just comes on here to try to figure out if posters are posting under a few screen names, if they are too emotional for him, or not really IU fans. It’s weird as ****.

I disagree with you on some things, but Hawaii doesn’t know shit about basketball. He literally just comes on here to try to figure out if posters are posting under a few screen names, if they are too emotional for him, or not really IU fans. It’s weird as ****.
I know. He’s obsessed with me because I made a joke that he believed targeted him, and he took offense. His “go to” accusation is that you’re someone else, a tactic that always reveals his inability to counter with facts and informed opinions.

He’s literally flipping out and enraged over things said on an internet message board about a college basketball program. Enraged. Those sorts of consistent responses strongly suggest he’s not an adult. He’s been stalking me ever since while occasionally trying to demonstrate some familiarity with IU basketball. On one such occasion, he fumbled pretty badly out of the gate and was none too pleased when I corrected him. Strange guy, to say the least. And very easily triggered. I’m sure his teachers are relieved to have him away from school for a few weeks.

Getting all emotional about basketball doesn't equate to knowing about basketball. I'm certain I know as much about the sport as you do, likely more since I've been around for many more years, but I don't wish to upset you.

No doubt I haven't gotten to as many basketball games as you since I graduated IU in '83 (when I didn't miss a home game). I wish I could because I enjoy attending, but I don't live in Bloomington. I spent 26 years living in places like Japan, California, Hawaii, Bahrain, Rhode Island, etc. so it was hard to get back. Now that I live in Ohio I try to get to two to three games a year at IU and when they play at OSU or in Indy, which are reasonably close, but I never miss them on TV. I rarely even missed them when I lived overseas because if they weren't on AFRTS (TV) someone in my family was on tap to record them for me and send them to me in batches of two or three games at a time. I already knew the scores, but it was good to see them anyway. Sometimes you have to adapt and overcome.

Good for you that you go to so many games.

Incidentally, allying with Birnk/Mary on anything isn't a good look.

Last edited:
I know. He’s obsessed with me because I made a joke that he believed targeted him, and he took offense. His “go to” accusation is that you’re someone else, a tactic that always reveals his inability to counter with facts and informed opinions.

He’s literally flipping out and enraged over things said on an internet message board about a college basketball program. Enraged. Those sorts of consistent responses strongly suggest he’s not an adult. He’s been stalking me ever since while occasionally trying to demonstrate some familiarity with IU basketball. On one such occasion, he fumbled pretty badly out of the gate and was none too pleased when I corrected him. Strange guy, to say the least. And very easily triggered. I’m sure his teachers are relieved to have him away from school for a few weeks.
You do the opposite of enraging me, Mary. You amuse me. I laugh at your big lie posts, like the one I'm replying to, and at you for being a cowardly fraud. Carry on, little troll boy. I have work to do.

Getting all emotional about basketball doesn't equate to knowing about basketball. I'm certain I know as much about the sport as you do, likely more since I've been around for many more years, but I don't wish to upset you.

No doubt I haven't gotten to as many basketball games as you since I graduated IU in '83 (when I didn't miss a home game). I wish I could because I enjoy attending, but I don't live in Bloomington. I spent 26 years living in places like Japan, California, Hawaii, Bahrain, Rhode Island, etc. so it was hard to get back. Now that I live in Ohio I try to get to two to three games a year at IU and when they play at OSU or in Indy, which are reasonably close, but I never miss them on TV. I rarely even missed them when I lived overseas because if they weren't on AFRTS (TV) someone in my family was on tap to record them for me and send them to see me in batches of two or three games at a time. I already knew the scores, but it was good to see them anyway. Sometimes you have to adapt and overcome.

Good for you that you go to so many games.

Incidentally allying with Birnk/Mary on anything isn't a good look.

You use getting emotional over basketball as an insult. I really have no idea why. IU basketball is my number one hobby in life. Of course I am emotional about it. I have great pride and passion for IU. My whole life is centered around Bloomington, and my favorite sport by far is college basketball.

I was born in 1985 in Bloomington, the holy land of college basketball. Grown men would die for Bob Knight when I was a kid, that is overly emotional.

Getting upset with losses and years of pathetic basketball are emotions I am not in the least ashamed of. I’m a passionate fan, and will have many emotions about IU basketball over the rest of my life.

I find it super odd you spend your days not having emotion for something you havent missed a second of over your adult life. Maybe you have some issues old man. Need to talk about it?

ADVERTISEMENT