ADVERTISEMENT

2 of our 14 seniors are back....

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
Now that Ziemba and Layne are back, lets hope the rest join in!

With Ohio State bound to lose a lot of key players because that always gets amplified when you play in a title game, MI has 6 players declaring already (plus their C is now at IU), IA has 6, PSU has 5, WI has 5, NW has 2, ILL has 6......you get the drift....IU could take another step up.

If IU can return most if not all of their players from a team that was already one of the most veteran in the country......... is it possible IU opens up the season as the favorite for the B1G?

Indiana's title chances go as Michael Penix goes. If Michael stays healthy and can get through the season intact, I think Indiana will win a bunch of games. He has proven he can beat the best when he dispatched PSU and simply ran out of clock in an upset attempt in Columbus. He also led Indiana to a 24-0 shutout at East Lansing. It's my understanding they hadn't been shutout at home since the 50s.

Michael's arm talent puts a hurtin on teams and he is the best QB in the conference...better than the Ohio State kid. If Tuttle were to steer the ship, I think it's a 7 win season. If McCulley steers the ship, it's a great unknown. We do obviously need those seniors to return if possible.

Whop, Fryfogle, Crider, Whitehead, Johnson...who else am I forgetting? We would have to be preseason top 12, IMO.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Whop, Fryfogle, Crider, Whitehead, Johnson...who else am I forgetting? We would have to be preseason top 12, IMO.

Are you referring to the seniors left to make a determination on whether they are coming back or not?

Whop
FryFogle
Nworah
Swann (although he seemed to hint at returning)
Crider
Smolar
Whitehead
Johnson
Powell

Last edited:
Now that Ziemba and Layne are back, lets hope the rest join in!

With Ohio State bound to lose a lot of key players because that always gets amplified when you play in a title game, MI has 6 players declaring already (plus their C is now at IU), IA has 6, PSU has 5, WI has 5, NW has 2, ILL has 6......you get the drift....IU could take another step up.

If IU can return most if not all of their players from a team that was already one of the most veteran in the country......... is it possible IU opens up the season as the favorite for the B1G?
I'm sure OSU will have plenty of returning talent plus new 4 and 5 star recruits. they will be the favorite until someone can overthrow them.

Indiana's title chances go as Michael Penix goes. If Michael stays healthy and can get through the season intact, I think Indiana will win a bunch of games. He has proven he can beat the best when he dispatched PSU and simply ran out of clock in an upset attempt in Columbus. He also led Indiana to a 24-0 shutout at East Lansing. It's my understanding they hadn't been shutout at home since the 50s.

Michael's arm talent puts a hurtin on teams and he is the best QB in the conference...better than the Ohio State kid. If Tuttle were to steer the ship, I think it's a 7 win season. If McCulley steers the ship, it's a great unknown. We do obviously need those seniors to return if possible.

Love the hubris, but would you really want to replay PSU?

Penix's injury was so late in the year he may not be ready until October or so. And then may not be fully 100%. I am not an ortho surgeon, but one of the forums (NFL) listed stats on when players come back and what percent of full recovery.
Bottom line was longer than we think and sometimes even the following year for full recovery.

I read it again and don't see where he said he did. MP did what needed to happen to win the game. That was the point and he is correct. IU's fortunes are tied in no small part to MP and I think we all saw that last week. Tuttle may do well and i loved his gutting out the bowl game hurt, but as we all saw. he has a lot of work to do.

I read it again and don't see where he said he did. MP did what needed to happen to win the game. That was the point and he is correct. IU's fortunes are tied in no small part to MP and I think we all saw that last week. Tuttle may do well and i loved his gutting out the bowl game hurt, but as we all saw. he has a lot of work to do.

I find it both humorous and telling that our supposed p u "pal" was noticeably absent while we were winning...., yet immediately pops his head back up after a loss... What an ass...

Last edited:
Penix's injury was so late in the year he may not be ready until October or so. And then may not be fully 100%. I am not an ortho surgeon, but one of the forums (NFL) listed stats on when players come back and what percent of full recovery.
Bottom line was longer than we think and sometimes even the following year for full recovery.
D'Eriq King tore his ACL a month later and, according to all articles and public statements, they fully expect that he will be back for fall camp. I know this is MP's second, but I have yet to hear anything that would indicate that he is in doubt for next season.

On a related note, you don't hear the knuckleheads that were saying we were better off cutting bait with MP and going with JT any more. Go figure.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
What kind of work would that be ? I saw an excellent performance by Tuttle at Wisconsin and a gritty performance dictated by a separated shoulder at Mississippi. So after two games, one which hardly represents his qualities I don't see how you could evaluate him.

What kind of work would that be ? I saw an excellent performance by Tuttle at Wisconsin and a gritty performance dictated by a separated shoulder at Mississippi. So after two games, one which hardly represents his qualities I don't see how you could evaluate him.

What i have seen so far leaves me with the impression that he has Lagow disease or the inability/willingness to process check downs progressions. The difference is that Tuttle has time to develop.

Pay @td75 no mind. He is one who likes to run his mouth and is a hyperbole Queen. But you see it in every fan base. Hell, before the Ole Miss game, we had IU fans who seriously proposed that we were the 2nd or 3rd best team in the entire country.

What i have seen so far leaves me with the impression that he has Lagow disease or the inability/willingness to process check downs progressions. The difference is that Tuttle has time to develop.
Well ok for you. I still need a few more games to really evaluate him.

Respect Indiana Football | GoldandBlack.com (rivals.com)

You have 20 awesome posts over there, now you are here and even trolling the game chat sessions.

1. you call everyone you disagree w a kentucky or pu troll
2. you have repeatedly claimed you dont visit GBI, so which is it, lol.
3. kind of creepy that youre stalking my posts
4. i have been NOTHING but supportive of IU hoops and FB (and notre dame football). Find ANY posts contrary to that.
5. I do have some issues with some of our fans. Seems like youre still salty about Dakich calling you an ass on the radio. Guessing you've already ran an cried to the mods like you always do, lol.

Last edited:
1. you call everyone you disagree w a kentucky or pu troll
2. you have repeatedly claimed you dont visit GBI, so which is it, lol.
3. kind of creepy that youre stalking my posts
4. i have been NOTHING but supportive of IU hoops and FB (and notre dame football). Find ANY posts contrary to that.
5. I do have some issues with some of our fans. Seems like youre still salty about Dakich calling you an ass on the radio. Guessing you've already ran an cried to the mods like you always do, lol.

lol

I just posted a link exposing you

suck on that Cletus

That’s called Derek Carr disease. Stare down one guy untill he comes open.

Campbell

I read an article about Crider in the Republic newspaper out of Columbus recently. Crider was non-committal, but sounded like he might be gone. My take was 70-30 he'll leave.......to give it a shot in the NFL then on with his life it it doesn't work out. Hope it's otherwise.

I didn’t realize Jake’s had transferred.
Put name in portal. Think with Trye coming back and FR coming in he made decision to go somewhere he could likely play sooner. Wish him well, but for guys not playing leaving, means another spot open for a transfer or recruit who could. Win/win!

Reactions: red hornet
I saw on Twitter a while ago from one of the IU writers that Whitehead had indicated that he wasn't going to come back.

Not a surprise really, since he's already 25 I believe.

Reactions: red hornet
I saw on Twitter a while ago from one of the IU writers that Whitehead had indicated that he wasn't going to come back.

Not a surprise really, since he's already 25 I believe.

Dont think he is either, but if he was, that would be the ultimate Australian stretching out of enjoying your life! But think he’s moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT