ADVERTISEMENT

2 of our 14 seniors are back....

Dont think he is either, but if he was, that would be the ultimate Australian stretching out of enjoying your life! But think he’s moving on.
At 25, and with degrees, I understand moving on.
I think we have a freshman Aussie or New Zealand guy on campus effective last week

We have 8 returning seniors, not counting Swann, Crider, & Whitehead. I do not know the avg/school loss, but my guess is Indiana's returnees' numbers are above the norm.

Reactions: 76-1
Is football like basketball? As long as you don’t hire an agent you can return?

It's my understanding that once a college football player "Declares" his intention to enter the NFL Draft he forfeits his remaining eligibility...

Reactions: snowling

Go Hoosiers!

43 tackles for a DE in one year is a hell of a lot.

While everyone talks about the lack of pass rush from the DE position, we also frequently had trouble setting the edge on running plays. This guy looks like a big upgrade in both respects.

It seemed like last year, Head lost some favor with the coaches...also did not seem very productive overall. Ziemba is only serviceable but is a great team guy. Bryant was doing pretty well prior to his injury. Will he be back? And it seems like Robbins may be ready to take a step forward.

43 tackles for a DE in one year is a hell of a lot.

While everyone talks about the lack of pass rush from the DE position, we also frequently had trouble setting the edge on running plays. This guy looks like a big upgrade in both respects.

It seemed like last year, Head lost some favor with the coaches...also did not seem very productive overall. Ziemba is only serviceable but is a great team guy. Bryant was doing pretty well prior to his injury. Will he be back? And it seems like Robbins may be ready to take a step forward.
Good points. For Indiana FB success to be sustainable, the young underclassmen will need to continue to blossom & solidify Coach Allen's program.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Thnx. Steve for a well written article on potential future Hoosier players for 2021. A must read fellas.

As far as NG v. '3' at the DT position.....I would think Demarcus Elliott might step in at the 3 position. DE might be closest in terms of quickness/disruptive quality to Jerome?

All theses guys are very similar in height & weight:

--6'3" 304 lbs---Jerome
--6'3" 311 lbs--DE
--6'3" 301 lbs--Lewis
--6'4" 315 lbs--SIO
--6'3" 291 lbs--Person

One guy not mentioned in the article is Antoine Whitner, who is listed at 6'5" 305 lbs. Could he be at least 2nd string at the 3?

As far as NG v. '3' at the DT position.....I would think Demarcus Elliott might step in at the 3 position. DE might be closest in terms of quickness/disruptive quality to Jerome?

All theses guys are very similar in height & weight:

--6'3" 304 lbs---Jerome
--6'3" 311 lbs--DE
--6'3" 301 lbs--Lewis
--6'4" 315 lbs--SIO
--6'3" 291 lbs--Person

One guy not mentioned in the article is Antoine Whitner, who is listed at 6'5" 305 lbs. Could he be at least 2nd string at the 3?

I'm hoping to see him (Whitney) have a great off season and a breakout Fall... His development could be the key to our having a good to "Really good" Defensive Line next Fall (in my opinion)...

ESPN names Miles Marshall as IU's breakout player for fall 2021.

If he learns to watch the ball All the way into his hands before thinking about what he's going to do next he just might be...

We had a WR's Coach early on with Mallory who threw bricks at his Receivers during practice warmups... Needless to say, they learned to keep their eye on the ball,er..,brick...

Doubt if you could get away with that type of drill these days ((although the way I recall it the Receivers considered it sort of a badge of honor that they did it)) but it might be a good idea to give it a shot with Marshall... Right now he hovers between sorta of okay to almost good... With some serious Focus on bringing the ball into his hands he "could be" very good to Great...

Reactions: red hornet
If he learns to watch the ball All the way into his hands before thinking about what he's going to do next he just might be...

We had a WR's Coach early on with Mallory who threw bricks at his Receivers during practice warmups... Needless to say, they learned to keep their eye on the ball,er..,brick...

Doubt if you could get away with that type of drill these days ((although the way I recall it the Receivers considered it sort of a badge of honor that they did it)) but it might be a good idea to give it a shot with Marshall... Right now he hovers between sorta of okay to almost good... With some serious Focus on bringing the ball into his hands he "could be" very good to Great...
Great idea! Peyton Hendershot could benefit from this drill also.

Great idea! Peyton Hendershot could benefit from this drill also.

Most likely you could never get away with that drill these days... Some yahoo would take a brick to the nose and sue the Staff...😷🙊🙈

Best way to get them to Focus on the Damn Ball these days would be to put Penix about 12 yards away throwing his patented fast balls right at their head...(no helmets)... That would be a serious catch it in your hands "or else" situation...!!! 😉😎😂

So I can only remember MM dropping one ball the HR against Wisc. We’re there more? I do remember him making some highly contested grabs the year before however.

So I can only remember MM dropping one ball the HR against Wisc. We’re there more? I do remember him making some highly contested grabs the year before however.

Thought I saw 3 and about the same number last year... Could be wrong on both counts... I don't remember what I had for breakfast...😉

I think he could be really good to Great, I'm just hoping he works on his craft and gets there and brings several others along with him...

I believe you are correct he dropped the one against Wisconsin and that is all I can remember. I also remember CTA saying that he was the best receiver they had when it came to 50/50 balls in practice. He said they chart that stuff daily. If this is so then I would say he does not have a concentration issue.

He dropped at least two or three other passes. They were sunny-weather games, so maybe Michigan, Maryland, and the bowl game?

Reactions: 76-1
I believe you are correct he dropped the one against Wisconsin and that is all I can remember. I also remember CTA saying that he was the best receiver they had when it came to 50/50 balls in practice. He said they chart that stuff daily. If this is so then I would say he does not have a concentration issue.

He dropped "at least" two others (I was only funnin about my memory)...

If it were only the WI drop that'd be enough though... Dropping a certain TD..., uncontested..., Screams "concentration issue" to me...

The good news is: it's fixable...

He dropped "at least" two others (I was only funnin about my memory)...

If it were only the WI drop that'd be enough though... Dropping a certain TD..., uncontested..., Screams "concentration issue" to me...

The good news is: it's fixable...
Well according to CTA he charts the best out of all of our receivers in practice. I still don’t remember any other drops but I guess it is possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT