ADVERTISEMENT

#2 IU plays Michigan for B10 Title

Impressive Victory! Especially without two of our best players need to win 1st round game & then we have our full roster

Dorsey was back from the U20 today and in the starting lineup. Not sure the story behind it and why Rennicks wasn't also there. I'm assuming he just came up for this game and is heading back for the rest of the U20 tournament.

Reactions: snowling
So, why such a fan unfriendly venue? Not enough seats, long distance parking, etc, etc.

GREAT win (3-0!), but confused by this venue for, imho, premier event.

So, why such a fan unfriendly venue? Not enough seats, long distance parking, etc, etc.

I couldn't agree more. Only toilets were portables, concessions was a tent and two folding chairs, team locker rooms were tents, more fans standing than sitting. Move it back to a campus site next year.

Last year they had a pretty nice set up. Whomever signed off on this set up should be fired. T-ball bleachers for a major conference championship is not acceptable.

I'm guessing they didn't expect such a big crowd. With IU being the local team and having a great year, plenty of Hoosier fans turned out-more than the venue was capable of handling. If it was Maryland vs. Michigan there might have been a couple dozen total attendance. Still though, the organizers should have done much better.

I'm guessing they didn't expect such a big crowd. With IU being the local team and having a great year, plenty of Hoosier fans turned out-more than the venue was capable of handling. If it was Maryland vs. Michigan there might have been a couple dozen total attendance. Still though, the organizers should have done much better.
Given last year's turn out, I'm not sure why they wouldn't expect it. Even if it was Maryland vs Michigan or Wisconsin, the set up was still bush league for a power five conference championship.

I'm surprised they didn't just ask everyone to bring their own camp chairs...

i just watched replay on Big Ten network and I thought they were on a high school field, that was pathetic. More people were standing on the perimeter than were in the stands. The A10 plays on better fields.

ADVERTISEMENT