ADVERTISEMENT

1st Commit Ty Wise

Thought most things have him as a 3-star now. Get the DT to go with him to join Beau and you have a Carmel pipeline, like I hope we get a Ben Davis/Warren Central pipeline to the good ones! Good to be on the board for 2020! Sure more to follow but I'm not in a hurry at this point. Kids can change their mind. I'd rather start seeing them next fall when IU is winning and they want to get on board with the program on the rise!

He has a good quick adjustment to ball carriers and seem to have long arms to wrap up ball carriers. He shows enough talent that I expect he will improve every year to become even better in 2019 an beyond. It can't hurt when wooing Brevard to come to IU.

His frame (& maybe even demeanor?) reminds me of Marcus Oliver. Perhaps not a natural Adonis physique but a nose for the ball, a solid player and a leader. Let's add Brevard (who just got offered by Clemson) and make it another banner year of getting home state recruits!

I go to a few of the Carmel games and I honestly don't really recall Ty as much. Last season it seemed like the plays were made by Beau, Cole, Nate and Joey. Beau we now have, Cole would be an incredible get and nobody seemed to want Nate or Joey but those four seemed to be the core of the defense. I'm sure Ty was getting his share but with 3 of the 4 names now gone for Carmel, I'll be interested to see how much Ty becomes the stopper along with Cole.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I go to a few of the Carmel games and I honestly don't really recall Ty as much. Last season it seemed like the plays were made by Beau, Cole, Nate and Joey. Beau we now have, Cole would be an incredible get and nobody seemed to want Nate or Joey but those four seemed to be the core of the defense. I'm sure Ty was getting his share but with 3 of the 4 names now gone for Carmel, I'll be interested to see how much Ty becomes the stopper along with Cole.
Well, he had 83 tackles , 7 for loss, last year, so he was seriously involved.

He lead the team in tackles, so not sure how he wasn’t “as noticeable”, but we are all entitled to our opinions.
I go to the Carmel games too and what he is saying is understandable. The Carmel D is stocked full of awesome athletes and you just didn't hear his name mentioned as much as guys like Beau and Nate. Its not like he doesn't make plays as evidenced by his tape. Beau was always in the backfield creating havoc or disrupting crap. Nate did some crazy things too.

I go to the Carmel games too and what he is saying is understandable. The Carmel D is stocked full of awesome athletes and you just didn't hear his name mentioned as much as guys like Beau and Nate. Its not like he doesn't make plays as evidenced by his tape. Beau was always in the backfield creating havoc or disrupting crap. Nate did some crazy things too.
Ok, I get that, but how do you lead a team in tackles and don’t get your name mentioned as much ? To me that is on those doing the “mentioning”, I am thrilled he will be a Hoosier .

Reactions: vesuvius13
Ok, I get that, but how do you lead a team in tackles and don’t get your name mentioned as much ? To me that is on those doing the “mentioning”, I am thrilled he will be a Hoosier .
I am too don't get me wrong. I guess for me when I listen on the radio the explosive plays you hear those names we mentioned. Anyways, the Carmel "D" was stacked last year.

Be glad that we got Beau too. I know the purdue peeps like their guy BUT Beau was up against it every week in the MIC and blew sh!t up constantly. Two very good gets!

I have been a spotter for PA announcers. We have to spit the name out quick and sometimes are blocked from the view. I have probably differed from the staff that keeps the official stats for the team. I admit to calling out a friend's kid that wasn't the first to get there just so the parents could hear his name. Fire me! I wasn't paid to do it.

Last edited:
I have been a spotter for PA announcers. We have to spit the name out quick and sometimes are blocked from the view. I have probably differed from the staff that keeps the official stats for the team. I admit to calling out a friend's kid that wasn't the first to get there just so the parents could hear his name. Fire me! I wasn't paid to do it.

I did the spotting for Bloomington radio for football my senior year. I quit football after my freshman year to concentrate on swimming. But I knew every player, their strengths and weaknesses, so there were no mistakes. But the radio voices sometimes just made it up ignoring me.

I did the spotting for Bloomington radio for football my senior year. I quit football after my freshman year to concentrate on swimming. But I knew every player, their strengths and weaknesses, so there were no mistakes. But the radio voices sometimes just made it up ignoring me.

Don Fischer is a legend, has a spotter, and gets it wrong about half the time.

He never misses that red hat on the field though......

ADVERTISEMENT