ADVERTISEMENT

19 Win Tulane Steals a Bid

So you guys who follow NCAA baseball more passionately than I do: TULN didn't come from a one-bid conference (ECU made it as an at-large). So whose bid did TULN steal? (I guess on the Twitterverse the common thought was it was AZST who got left out as a result, but I don't know.)

So you guys who follow NCAA baseball more passionately than I do: TULN didn't come from a one-bid conference (ECU made it as an at-large). So whose bid did TULN steal? (I guess on the Twitterverse the common thought was it was AZST who got left out as a result, but I don't know.)
There were two bids that were considered "stolen" this year. The obvious one is Tulane and the other is Charlotte. Whose bid did they steal? Here are D1Baseball's last four in and first four out and going by their educated guesses in this area, I would assume the two teams left out were from this bunch.

Last four in, first four out, from strongest to weakest:

61. NC State
62. Arizona State
63. Oklahoma
64. Louisiana
—–CUTOFF—–
65. Kansas State
66. Arizona
67. Notre Dame
68. UC Santa Barbara

• Wow
Reactions: GolfHacker1
So based on that, I'd say AZST and KSU were the jobbed (although it is interesting that CLT got a 3 instead of a 4 and is still considered a bid-stealer--which isn't to say they didn't steal it, but the committee seemingly had a higher impression of them).

• Wow
Reactions: GolfHacker1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT