L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

I just don't see it any other way after todays performance... and the W v/s Purdue is very generous...

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
L @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

I just don't see it any other way after todays performance... and the W v/s Purdue is very generous...
So how team plays on a certain day will indicate how they play the rest of the season. I guess we should jsut cancel the season since everyone already knows how the season will end.

Reactions: davidrdunn
one step forward three games ago... two steps back in the last two games.... and I'm not just talking about the performance of the players...

L @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

No way does IU beat Purdue they pack the lane Bryant won't be able to bail them out against Purdue's bigs

It's merely an exercise in predicting the rest of the season, Scott. If you can't or don't want to provide an insightful response, you probably shouldn't post.
L @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

He said because how we played today indicates that we will be lucky to win 3 more games so why play the game if we already know we won't play well.

L @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

I think 3 wins is pretty accurate. My guess would be home Nebraska, at Illinois, home Purdue. Although I could easily see the Purdue game going the other way and only winning two more. No chance to win either Iowa game or the MSU/Maryland games and Penn St. will be a challenge as well.

L @ Michigan
L @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
L v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

I'm being VERY generous with the Nebraska win.

L @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

A win at Illinois is a better possibility than beating Purdue.
I could see anything from 3-6 to 6-3.

Talent wise IU should go 7-2/8-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
L @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
L v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
L @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
L v/s Maryland

Season Record 21-10

Sounds about right. The easy schede up front I think gave alot of people a false sense of reality. This appears to be a typical crean team and they usually don't finish well.

He said because how we played today indicates that we will be lucky to win 3 more games so why play the game if we already know we won't play well.

should I have said extremely lucky... I wasn't kidding about the Purdue game...

The match up against Michigan works in our favor. Penn State should be a win as should Illinois. A split with Iowa isn't out of thequestion and we NEED to beat the Boilers. (I think we do)

Reactions: darrin09
I realize you think beating the worst teams in the conference by large margins means IU is much better, but most people understood that was a bit of a smokescreen. Interested as to why you believe IU will close strongly in the back half of the conference season against the much stronger competition they'll face.

I realize you think beating the worst teams in the conference by large margins means IU is much better, but most people understood that was a bit of a smokescreen. Interested as to why you believe IU will close strongly in the back half of the conference season against the much stronger competition they'll face.
I'm interested in your prediction.

I never said that I think they will win all of their games or even the majority of the games but I am saying how we played in today's game is no indication how we will play the rest of the season.

We beat OSU by a large margin and they ar enot one of the worst teams in the league with a record of 6-3. Also UI beat Purdue right before we killed them.

Reactions: TeeJay88
I never said that I think they will win all of their games or even the majority of the games but I am saying how we played in today's game is no indication how we will play the rest of the season.

We beat OSU by a large margin and they ar enot one of the worst teams in the league with a record of 6-3. Also UI beat Purdue right before we killed them.
What better indication of future play do you rely on other than the most recent play?

What better indication of future play do you rely on other than the most recent play?
So teams can't learn from their mistakes and get better or have you not seen teams play well in all of their games. I think I remember our last championship team n 87 played bad in some games down the stretch against UW and NW and barely one them and they were able to turn it around. No I am not saying this team will turn it around and win a championship but teams can turn their season around.

So teams can't learn from their mistakes and get better or have you not seen teams play well in all of their games.
That's not an answer, Scott. What better indication of future play do you rely on other than the most recent play?

The match up against Michigan works in our favor. Penn State should be a win as should Illinois. A split with Iowa isn't out of thequestion and we NEED to beat the Boilers. (I think we do)
How does the matchup at Michigan work in our favor? At Penn state is no easy win either.

That's not an answer, Scott. What better indication of future play do you rely on other than the most recent play?
The next game because they can go to practice this week and get better so I don't feel how you play today has anything on how you play the next game. Like the other part of that post how do you explain great teams like our 87 team go through a bad stretch like the games at UW and NW but were able to turn it around. I am not saying this team will win the chapionship but I have seen plenty of teams go through bad stretches in the middle of the season and turn it around.

W @UM
W @Penn
W v Iowa
L @MSU
W v Nebraska
L v PU
L @UI
L @Iowa
W v Maryland

Absolutely no way we win @MSU or @Iowa, obviously. Hell will freeze over if this team beats a ranked team on the road. Frankly, every other game could go either way, but I still think IU can and will beat anybody in Bloomington. Not many teams muck up the flow of a game like Minny or Wisconsin. Most of the good teams will believe they are talented enough to beat us in a shootout, and they will probably be wrong, in Assembly Hall.

23-8 isn't too bad, really.

How does the matchup at Michigan work in our favor? At Penn state is no easy win either.
We are much better in the post than they are. Walton has been an advantage for them and IMHO, Yogi negates that. Troy loses in comparison to Irvin and I think Colin matches up well with Duncan. LeVert has been hampered by injury . I think we are also a deeper team.

W @UM
W @Penn
W v Iowa
L @MSU
W v Nebraska
L v PU
L @UI
L @Iowa
W v Maryland

Absolutely no way we win @MSU or @Iowa, obviously. Hell will freeze over if this team beats a ranked team on the road. Frankly, every other game could go either way, but I still think IU can and will beat anybody in Bloomington. Not many teams muck up the flow of a game like Minny or Wisconsin. Most of the good teams will believe they are talented enough to beat us in a shootout, and they will probably be wrong, in Assembly Hall.

23-8 isn't too bad, really.
I don't see us losing at Illinois but the rest looks as I would have it.

The next game because they can go to practice this week and get better so I don't feel how you play today has anything on how you play the next game. Like the other part of that post how do you explain great teams like our 87 team go through a bad stretch like the games at UW and NW but were able to turn it around. I am not saying this team will win the chapionship but I have seen plenty of teams go through bad stretches in the middle of the season and turn it around.
So you believe how a team plays in any one game is meaningless? Thats not very insightful on your part, Scott.

W @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
W v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
W @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
W v/s Maryland

That's how I would predict each game. That said, one of those W's will end up a loss. Just not sure which one. So ultimately I see 14-4, 24-7.

Mark that down.

You people are crazy ...

L - at UM at MSU at Iowa
W - at PSU, Iowa, NU, Purdue, at Illinois, Maryland

14-4 share of B1G title.

One game is not indicative to how the season plays out. If that were the case we'd win by 30 every home game.

It's ok to admit we had an off night and that we're still a really good team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won at Michigan actually.

Reactions: YOTHN and TeeJay88
You people are crazy ...

L - at UM at MSU at Iowa
W - at PSU, Iowa, NU, Purdue, at Illinois, Maryland

14-4 share of B1G title.

One game is not indicative to how the season plays out. If that were the case we'd win by 30 every home game.

It's ok to admit we had an off night and that we're still a really good team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won at Michigan actually.

We'll definitely win @Michigan. IU has owned UM for the most part. UM plays the same sort of game IU does, but they don't have as many weapons with which to do it. I honestly will be very surprised if we lose to UM.

So teams can't learn from their mistakes and get better or have you not seen teams play well in all of their games. I think I remember our last championship team n 87 played bad in some games down the stretch against UW and NW and barely one them and they were able to turn it around. No I am not saying this team will turn it around and win a championship but teams can turn their season around.

You're the second poster that made a post-game comparison today between this team and the 87 team. Please don't do that.

W @ Michigan
W @ Penn State
W v/s IOWA
L @ Michigan State
W v/s Nebraska
W v/s Purdue
W @ Illinois
L @ Iowa
W v/s Maryland

That's how I would predict each game. That said, one of those W's will end up a loss. Just not sure which one. So ultimately I see 14-4, 24-7.

Mark that down.
You're predictions to date have been pretty far off. Why do you think these will be better?

You're predictions to date have been pretty far off. Why do you think these will be better?

Which predictions are those? What exactly have I predicted that hasn't come to fruition? I think the only game I called wrong in the B10 was the UW game.

You really think IU will finish worse that 14-4? Seems pretty unlikely.

You're the second poster that made a post-game comparison today between this team and the 87 team. Please don't do that.

He didn't do that. He said the '87 team had a bad two game stretch mid season and corrected. He also said he did not think this team would win a national title. Neither compares this team to 87 and mentioning one possible commonality is not out of line IMHO.

He didn't do that. He said the '87 team had a bad two game stretch mid season and corrected. He also said he did not think this team would win a national title. Neither compares this team to 87 and mentioning one possible commonality is not out of line IMHO.

So why bring it up if he's not making that comparison? There are hundreds of teams in history that lost 2 of their last 3, yet he specifically chose the '87 IU team. Why, unless there was an intent to make a comparison?

Which predictions are those? What exactly have I predicted that hasn't come to fruition? I think the only game I called wrong in the B10 was the UW game.

You really think IU will finish worse that 14-4? Seems pretty unlikely.
Yes, you were way off for the UW game. I think they go 4-5 or maybe 3-6 down the stretch. Way too many deficiencies at both ends to get to 14-4.

Yes, you were way off for the UW game. I think they go 4-5 or maybe 3-6 down the stretch. Way too many deficiencies at both ends to get to 14-4.

I guess we'll all find out together, but there is zero change we lose 5 or 6 more games prior to the BTT. No way.

So you believe how a team plays in any one game is meaningless? Thats not very insightful on your part, Scott.
So how is Purdue playing better now after those bad losses at UI and at home against Iowa after they blew a 18 point lead. I would assume that you think Maryland is a very good team and they have struggled some as well. They beat NW at home by 1 point which is the same team we beat by 32 points. Also it took a 3 point shot at the buzzer to win at UW which is the same team we took to OT at UW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT