Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Red, White and Black

Red, White and Black

Wow, powerful. Thanks man.

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
Cooler silence? Maybe the members didn't watch the clip, maybe the silence is evidence of not being able to respond to truth.
Maybe a TL/DR summary will help:

Woodson is sick of race baiters who claim white people define and limit what black people are, or can be, including folks who say slavery from 1619 to 1865, and then Jim Crow, and then “institutional racism” are the cause of all problems faced by black society, and questions why the money hasn’t fixed it, and suggests that viewing everything through a race-prism may be the wrong approach.

It’s maybe the best hour of cable tv in a long time ... if you like for tv to provoke thought.

Goat isn’t ignorant, but he is often very much swayed by peer pressure before he engages his intellect. His allegations of racism against me are still among my saddest times on this board. And his tendency toward “conclusion then selective facts” is beneath his education.
Selective facts is your shtick, not mine.

Apparently, so is making amends with someone and then going back and rehashing supposed old wounds, anyway.

He do carry a grudge . . . and a long memory for it too.

giphy.gif

The 1619 project, like critical race theory, is an attempt to take a clear look at America's history of race relations, good and bad. Basically, it chronicles how America started out as a racist nation where slavery was legal, gradually, over hundreds of years, got better, and now is being dragged back into the days of pervasive institutional racism by Republicans. And a personal note to MyTeamIsOnTheFloor, on behalf of non racists everywhere, take Martin Luther King Jr.'s name out of your mouth.

The 1619 project, like critical race theory, is an attempt to take a clear look at America's history of race relations, good and bad. Basically, it chronicles how America started out as a racist nation where slavery was legal, gradually, over hundreds of years, got better, and now is being dragged back into the days of pervasive institutional racism by Republicans. And a personal note to MyTeamIsOnTheFloor, on behalf of non racists everywhere, take Martin Luther King Jr.'s name out of your mouth.
Are you calling me a racist?

Is Robert Woodson allowed to talk about MLK?

Did you watch Robert Woodson speak or did you just post an opinion?

Is Robert Woodson allowed to talk about MLK?
Is MLK's daughter (Bernice) allowed to speak about MLK? You know one of the "children" MLK was referring to in the selective paragraph from the Dream speech that MTOTF chooses to highlight while ignoring the other 95% of what he said in that speech?

Is MLK's daughter (Bernice) allowed to speak about MLK? You know one of the "children" MLK was referring to in the selective paragraph from the Dream speech that MTOTF chooses to highlight while ignoring the other 95% of what he said in that speech?

In my America, anyone is allowed to speak about MLK. I don't believe his legacy is the property of any one sub group of people. Even if that sub-group is his children.

Are you a Republican? If so, you are a racist.

OK.

I declare that all Democrats are mean nasty ugly looking people. Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father rapers!

(See how that works?)

PS - your statment that "The 1619 project, like critical race theory, is an attempt to take a clear look at America's history of race relations, good and bad, [which] chronicles how America started out as a racist nation where slavery was legal, gradually, over hundreds of years, got better, and now is being dragged back into the days of pervasive institutional racism by Republicans" is completely utterly comprehensively and ignorantly wrong. First, perhaps your most ignorant error was that the 1619 Project blames all whites, not just Republicans. Second, what it REALLY teaches was presented, discussed and rejected by the scholars in the CSpan video you failed to watch. Congrats. Keep ignoring truth. It appears to be your wheelhouse.

PPS - here is where you claim you aren't really ignorant - you are just trolling, so its all OK.

PPS - here is where you return to mindless allegations of racism.

PPPS - I'm NOT trolling. I'm dispensing wisdom here, so drink up.

PPPS - Nancy Pelosi owned slaves. When are the Dims gonna impeach her?

Bump.

Spent some time in Charleston, SC last week.

Not only do they not hide “the true history of slavery,” they have an entire industry showing that history. Some of it is the quality of Colonial Williamsburg. Some is government and/or university sponsored. Much is private foundation sponsored.

Anybody who claims they don’t know it because whitey wont teach it is either uninformed or ignorant or intentionally misleading for money.

My last tour guide got his masters in history at Clemson by researching the family stories of the “enslaved Africans” that had lived/worked on his ancestors rice plantation.

His current family knew 4 of the black families who had people killed by Dylan Roof. The kids of one victim called his mom, telling her they were worried that thier mom was not home from church yet, and they had to go pick them up when they learned what had happened.

Got to look through his papers. Ship manifests. Land records. Sales records. Etc.

If you want to learn about the lasting ravages of slavery, go south. Them people - black and white - grew up in it, couldn’t avoid it, walk the streets in it, and they don’t need no smart ass ivory-tower types trying to manufacture a degree to tell them what “really” happened.

Despite it all, people in Charleston were polite to each other without regard to race. Take a lesson Cooler.

Bump.

Not only do they not hide “the true history of slavery,” they have an entire industry showing that history. Some of it is the quality of Colonial Williamsburg. Some is government and/or university sponsored. Much is private foundation sponsored.

Anybody who claims they don’t know it because whitey wont teach it is either uninformed or ignorant or intentionally misleading for money.

My last tour guide got his masters in history at Clemson by researching the family stories of the “enslaved Africans” that had lived/worked on his ancestors rice plantation.

His current family knew 4 of the black families who had people killed by Dylan Roof. The kids of one victim called his mom, telling her they were worried that thier mom was not home from church yet, and they had to go pick them up when they learned what had happened.

Got to look through his papers. Ship manifests. Land records. Sales records. Etc.

If you want to learn about the lasting ravages of slavery, go south. Them people - black and white - grew up in it, couldn’t avoid it, walk the streets in it, and they don’t need no smart ass ivory-tower types trying to manufacture a degree to tell them what “really” happened.

Despite it all, people in Charleston were polite to each other without regard to race. Take a lesson Cooler.

This will likely go down as the least-important or meaningful question ever asked here, but why do your posts frequently have "their" misspelled as "thier?" My spell-checker corrected it when I typed "thier." Is this a Luvul thing or a Cardinal thing?

Anyway, Charleston is a great city with some tremendous restaurants. Did you get to Patriot Point?

Maybe a TL/DR summary will help:

Woodson is sick of race baiters who claim white people define and limit what black people are, or can be, including folks who say slavery from 1619 to 1865, and then Jim Crow, and then “institutional racism” are the cause of all problems faced by black society, and questions why the money hasn’t fixed it, and suggests that viewing everything through a race-prism may be the wrong approach.

It’s maybe the best hour of cable tv in a long time ... if you like for tv to provoke thought.

ya, how could telling a family where they can live, where they can go, what they can earn, what they can own…for 10 or 15 generations…have any impact on the current state of that family?

stoopid Libzzzz lol

ya, how could telling a family where they can live, where they can go, what they can earn, what they can own…for 10 or 15 generations…have any impact on the current state of that family?

stoopid Libzzzz lol
My post said nothing about that - it addressed the claim that white America doesn’t allow the teaching of the reality of slavery

Apparently your family told you you could not learn to read. Bad them.

Last edited:
Bump.

Top 5 American city. History, battery, king street, food, proximity to beaches. Fantastic place to visit. would be strange to see marion sq w/o calhoun statue

Last edited:
Reactions: Univee2
This will likely go down as the least-important or meaningful question ever asked here, but why do your posts frequently have "their" misspelled as "thier?" My spell-checker corrected it when I typed "thier." Is this a Luvul thing or a Cardinal thing?

Anyway, Charleston is a great city with some tremendous restaurants. Did you get to Patriot Point?

Yes. Went to Patriot Point. Our tour of Sumpter left from there. We stayed at a new Embassy Suites about a half mile away on PP Blvd.

Amazing how much the guts of the USS Yorktown looked like the guts of the USS Alabama.

Thier is a nemesis. This format sux.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66

He probably misspelled it a few times when his phone was new and now he can't get it to unlearn the wrong spelling. My phone automatically capitalizes "YOU" every time, and I've been correcting it for years now. Probably because the first time I used the word, I was in all-caps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT