ADVERTISEMENT

#16 Softball looks ahead to visit to LSU

Last edited:
In an up and down day for the IU women, they lose to Illinois St., 3-0. Illinois St went into the game with just a 4-13 record, so it was a game they should have won. It's a long season and you are going to have games like this. I couldn't find a box score on this. They play Ill. St. again tomorrow, so they can get a little bit of revenge then.

It was good to see the ladies rebound against the Redbirds. While they went 3-2 in the tournament, one would think they won't drop much in the rankings considering their win over a top 10 team in LSU. I haven't looked at the schedule, but they may have finished the season 2-0 against the SEC, a very strong softball conference.

I was a great game, as I listened it sounded as though IU took the home crowd out of the game early. I think they are going to wear out Trainers arm, she pitched the first game and 80 some pitches of the night cap. She was dazzling in her effort.

The arm rotation and torque on the elbow/shoulder is much different for a softball pitcher than it is for baseball. Softball pitchers can routinely throw 3 to 3 1/2 games over a weekend. They couldn't do that over a sustained period of time, but with recovery through the week her arm will be fine. Having said that, they need to balance getting experience for the other pitchers on the roster, and not an over reliance on her arm.

I'm sure the coaches have a specific pitch count in mind depending on what game in the series it is, whether they see her laboring or not, etc. etc.

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT