ADVERTISEMENT

14-4 with MSU and Maryland on deck

lol...it was the huggggggest of wins

srsly? Big win in that we are 4-3 in the big ten and will probably project as a 7-seed with room to grow. And we had sucked on the road. That’s what folks mean by big win. Lol. You thought they meant it in a “we’re back” way? What a stupid take on it. Damn.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
srsly? Big win in that we are 4-3 in the big ten and will probably project as a 7-seed with room to grow. That’s what folks mean by big win. Lol. You thought they meant it in a “we’re back” way? What a stupid take on it. Wowsers.

At no point is winning a game against the worse team in the BT a big win. They did what they should do.

Reactions: IUgradman
Beating 120th ranked Nebraska is now considered a big time win?
Just shoot me now...
Have you seen our Big Ten road games until tonight? Beating any Big Ten team on a spotlight night packed house.. We got their best punch and beat them on their court. Yes, at Nebraska is a very good win. Ask Iowa and others who got beat there..

Beating 120th ranked Nebraska is now considered a big time win?
Just shoot me now...

It's a big-time win because in the Big Ten road wins seem nearly impossible. Even as bad as they are, Nebraska beat Iowa and Purdue on their home floor.
Hell, in college basketball any conference road win is a good win. Just this week #10 Kentucky lost on the road to a bad South Carolina team, #3 Duke lost on the road to a bad Clemson team, #4 Auburn lost on the road to a bad Alabama team, #8 Oregon lost on the road to a bad Wash St. team, #12 West Virginia to a bad Kansas St. team, etc.
Cherish every conference road win, enjoy the hell out of it.

How standards have fallen when people are celebrating a road win over a 7-11 team.

Yes. As has always been the case, a road win in the B1G is a big win - no matter the opponent.

No, it needs to get back to the point that I could laugh off the possibility of losing to MSU or Wisconsin. Illinois and Michigan, sometimes PU or OSU, (Iowa on the road) were the only real competition … that was our reality till about 1995. The dynamics of the league have shifted, but there should still only be a handful of games we should worry about if you know who is earning his keep. You think UNC, Duke, KU, UK fans think differently, they don't, fortunately for them they have admins and donors that understand their tradition.

Last edited:
No, it needs to get back to the point that I could laugh off the possibility of losing to MSU or Wisconsin. Illinois and Michigan, sometimes PU or OSU, (Iowa on the road) were the only real competition … that was our reality till about 1995. The dynamics of the league have shifted, but there should still only be a handful of games we should worry about if you know who is earning his keep. You think UNC, Duke, KU, UK fans think differently, they don't, fortunately for them they have admins and donors that understand their tradition.
UNC 1 - 5 conf 8 - 9 overall
Yet ole Roy, who doesn't know about fake classes, still is coaching.

No, the sentiment expressed above should be the expectation
You don’t realize there have been very few seasons in IU history when you could “laugh off” the idea of losing to other good teams in the Big Ten. Sure we had long winning stretches against Northwestern and Wisconsin, but every other team in the conference in those days had outstanding teams for different periods of time. I think you have a memory of an IU history that didn’t actually exist. Since your memory is unrealistic, it now makes sense that your expectation to immediately be at the level you “remember” IU to have been is so unrealistic.

/QUOTE]go iu also said: nope, glad and surprised we did, but the day I'm going to pay to watch what should be an expected win against Nebraska will never come. I can't even imagine selling that one to my wife, who is not a sports fan but would still know enough to know that IU should always beat them … "well, who are they playing? Ne? '''

You did not even watch the game. How do you even comment, lol.
Apparently, you are just another negative dikhed that craves any attention that you can get. so sad, so funny..

You did not even watch the game. How do you even comment, lol.
Apparently, you are just another negative dikhed that craves any attention that you can get. so sad, so funny..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT