ADVERTISEMENT

12 Points Avg Margin of Defeat last 6 games

11, 3, 15, 15, 7, 23
We are averaging 54 points a game in those and got totally run out of our own building the last two home games. I feel bad for anybody who paid big money to watch those total debacles. There is something really wrong with this team and it goes further than just the shooting.

Reactions: BigMobe
Outside of Crean's famed first 3 years, this is the only 6 game conference losing streak that I could find. There's a good chance that we had a 6 or more game conference losing streak in one of the WW2 years as we were 2-10 and 3-9 in the 1944 & 45 seasons.

Crean had 2 conference losing streaks of 9, one of 10 and on of 11. If the Hoosiers fall at Rutgers and MSU, they'll be chasing history when they get back to the Hall.

We can"t shoot. Can't score from the perimeter. Thanks Crean.

According to 2 former IU players, the coaches don’t understand what works for us (hint: it’s not the outside shooting) but continue to lead a culture on this team that allows them to repeatedly go to the part of our offense that gives us the least chance for success. They also commented that the learning curve is huge with Archie and it doesn’t bode well for the future.

According to 2 former IU players, the coaches don’t understand what works for us (hint: it’s not the outside shooting) but continue to lead a culture on this team that allows them to repeatedly go to the part of our offense that gives us the least chance for success. They also commented that the learning curve is huge with Archie and it doesn’t bode well for the future.

Think this was discussed here when Dan went on the rant, but everyone should listen to the entire 13 minutes of this because I think, like him or not, Dan has things pegged.

His last statement about Indiana and UCLA is really on point too. People around here are already starting to roll out excuses for next year..."we will still be young..." This is feeling like Crean 2.0. I hope I am wrong because this losing shit sucks but Dackich hit on some things that have been bothering me.

And I am with him, Fred Glass and his student bill of rights need to get the **** out. He can go back to schmoozing for events for Indianapolis, but he has no business being an A.D. None.

Think this was discussed here when Dan went on the rant, but everyone should listen to the entire 13 minutes of this because I think, like him or not, Dan has things pegged.

His last statement about Indiana and UCLA is really on point too. People around here are already starting to roll out excuses for next year..."we will still be young..." This is feeling like Crean 2.0. I hope I am wrong because this losing shit sucks but Dackich hit on some things that have been bothering me.

And I am with him, Fred Glass and his student bill of rights need to get the **** out. He can go back to schmoozing for events for Indianapolis, but he has no business being an A.D. None.

Risley and Hartman were very blunt about Archie.

Fred is simply a showman. He runs the PR stuff. The actual sports “nuts and bolts” portion?

He needs a hired gun to deal with what it takes to run a coaching staff. Fred can concentrate on popcorn and how to develop aesthetic facilities. That’s his forte. Personnel?

Over his head.

Fred is simply a showman. He runs the PR stuff. The actual sports “nuts and bolts” portion?

He needs a hired gun to deal with what it takes to run a coaching staff. Fred can concentrate on popcorn and how to develop aesthetic facilities. That’s his forte. Personnel?

Over his head.

Fred is a fanboy playing a leader. He has as much business being the A.D. as any of us slapnuts on this board.

I have come around to the belief that IU has been bad these past 20 years because the dumb ****s that run this University believe we are so stupid that we will keep showing up for this shit based off our attachment to our past. The ONLY time they have got off their ass to do anything has been when the fanbase is in open revolt. Then everyone gets to pile on about how "crazy" this fanbase is. Well, we have been driven here by the people who are supposed to be the caretakers of the school. Davis, kept too long and never should have had more than the interim year. Crean, should have been canned after the Vonleh year but the genius A.D. had given him the sweetest of all sweetheart contracts. The school is in bad hands from the B.O.T. to McRobbie and on down.

We could fire Miller tomorrow and it would not make a lick of difference in anything because the same dipshits will be making the next hire.

Over his head.

You have a link to Hartmann and Risley I could listen to?

He is definitely scared to bust some balls on these players

We are averaging 54 points a game in those and got totally run out of our own building the last two home games. I feel bad for anybody who paid big money to watch those total debacles. There is something really wrong with this team and it goes further than just the shooting.
In the 40's last 4 games.

Archie was a mid major hire. Always a big risk. Lots of rising mid majors have flamed out. Todd licklliter only got three years at iowa after butler. Shaka smart was the next great thing and has done nothing at Texas. Dan monson was a bust from gonzaga. It seems xavier guys do well. Should have hired mack but hopefully archie geta it done. But he is on the clock.

Reactions: fpeaugh
The thing with mid major hires to me is about longevity of success. We did the same thing with Hazell (Archie does recruit well though, Hazel did not, so not exactly the same). Archie had a good 4 year run before IU, but what does that mean? Does it mean he's an excellent coach and recruiter or does it mean he got lucky and hit on a couple of recruits and road a decent roster for a few years. This is why the mid-major guys flame out. They get hired before they can show it wasn't a fluke. It may have not been a fluke with Archie, time will tell, but mid-major hires are always high risk, high reward scenarios.

Do you think he can recruit the level of players you will need to be great?

Do you think he can coach them to improve each season and gel as a team to be greater than the sum of it's parts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT