ADVERTISEMENT

#12 IUWBB heads to Iowa (BTN)

Thanks for posting, about only way to find out when the play and if on TV. They are fun to watch, having a great season and need the fan support. Need more coverage on site and their own forum.

Reactions: snowling
A big 1st Qtr (22 pts) and Penn's 12 pts see IU with a 37-32 lead at the half. Berger adds 8 pts and Wise had 6 pts, while Gulbe grabbed 5 boards and Wise pulled down 4 rbs. CTM, again used her bench and 9 players saw time on the court (6 in double digit minutes). Both teams shot 51+%. IU held a rebound edge at 17-12 and led at one time by 14 pts in the 1st half. Most of the other stats are fairly even.

Go Hoosiers!

IU just failled to get its first win (91-85 in 2OTs) by IU in Iowa City since 1994 and break a long home win streak by the Hawkeyes. Penn had 24 pts (Gulbe - 18 pts and Berger - 16 pts). A hard fought game after the 1st Qtr saw Wise pulled down 9 boards while Gulbe and Holmes grabbed 8 and 7 boards, respectively each, Please see above live stats link for a boxscore. GBR ... Would have been nice to get out of town with this one!

Go Hoosiers!

A big 1st Qtr (22 pts) and Penn's 12 pts see IU with a 37-32 lead at the half. Berger adds 8 pts and Wise had 6 pts, while Gulbe grabbed 5 boards and Wise pulled down 4 rbs. CTM, again used her bench and 9 players saw time on the court (6 in double digit minutes). Both teams shot 51+%. IU held a rebound edge at 17-12 and led at one time by 14 pts in the 1st half. Most of the other stats are fairly even.

Go Hoosiers!
Lady Hoosiers fall in double OT.

Great game, they had their chances to win, but couldn't make shots at the end of the game. Missed some key free throws, turnovers hurt, not hitting from 3pt range.

See you in Btown Hawkeyes!

We will smoke that team in Bloomington.

It's easy to say IU should have done this and that, but to me we really got pimped on the calls big-time (I would normally say "screwed", but not appropriate in this situation.....hehe). I don't know that we'd smoke them in B-Ton, but i could easily see 10-13 points.........IU hung in there and out-played them for 75% of the game under difficult circumstances.

Although our centers are good, their center is better. Same for Ali v. their pg......Ali could not defend her one-on-one. That said our top 8-9 collectively is easily better than their top 8-9.......we have big advantages at 3-5 and 6-8.

We lost this game because their point guard schooled our point guard the entire game.

I love Ali, but she's always had trouble guarding and scoring against really quick point guards. The UCLA game was another example. And offensively, she's always been a better facilitator than scorer, at the college level. Berger and Penn are excellent offensive players, but very average defensively. The freshman is quicker but lacks savvy and strength......we really don't have a stopper at guard.

I also think Wise is struggling with her role on this team. She's always been undersized underneath, and Berger and Penn are very capable offensively. What this team needs from her is to play up on the boards and hit her 3s. She's really not doing either right now. Hopefully, she'll come around.

The good news is that Gulbe is really coming on with her scoring and rebounding.

I love Ali, but she's always had trouble guarding and scoring against really quick point guards. The UCLA game was another example. And offensively, she's always been a better facilitator than scorer, at the college level. Berger and Penn are excellent offensive players, but very average defensively. The freshman is quicker but lacks savvy and strength......we really don't have a stopper at guard.

I also think Wise is struggling with her role on this team. She's always been undersized underneath, and Berger and Penn are very capable offensively. What this team needs from her is to play up on the boards and hit her 3s. She's really not doing either right now. Hopefully, she'll come around.

The good news is that Gulbe is really coming on with her scoring and rebounding.
Ali needs to overplay the dominant ball hand on everyone she guards. She does not do it. I have noticed that the people that defend her well overplay her right hand. It really stagnates our offense because she can not start it going right.

Wise has become a liability since she started having trouble hitting outside shots and free throws. Needs to get her shot back to be effective. Missing wide open threes repeatedly, and, not even close.

Wise has become a liability since she started having trouble hitting outside shots and free throws. Needs to get her shot back to be effective. Missing wide open threes repeatedly, and, not even close.

Something is off with her and I can't tell what it is.

Case in point - last year she was absolute nails from the free throw line. A nearly 92% shooter. She's currently below 70%.

I've wondered if she's fighting an injury or something. She's definitely not gotten the same number of minutes since conference play has kicked in.

Reactions: channi
ADVERTISEMENT