ADVERTISEMENT

11 Hoosiers in Pro Day

McCray has my vote for most underrated...

Some NFL team is going to find themselves a diamond in the rough with him.

He was regularly HELD (that's how you spell it Big Ten refs) by two and sometimes three different guys on the same play with rarely a flag thrown.

I figure when he gets in "the" league (with real professional refs) his pressures and sack totals will double...

Hope the Colts pick him up...

///Fields is another underrated guy that I think could help the Colts D...///

Reactions: ESalum86
Today was the first day that it hit me extremely hard that Simmie should have probably come back. My assumption was that given his injury history, it was logical for him to leave early, even if it hurt his stock in the short-term. But the numbers simply are not there. There’s a baseline as they say to play in the NFL as a reciever. I thought his pro day was going to be a significant improvement over his combine, but I didn’t see it.

And the 29.5 inch vert is going to make some people go back and watch some tape. Here’s the difference between he and Cody Latimer... Latimer could jump out of the gym. It’s at least going to make people go back and watch the tape and question his ability on go routes. He is kind of a guy who would reach his arms up to get the ball (instead of leaping and going to get it like Latimer).

You wish the kid well, but his stock has dropped throughout the process if you ask me, and it didn’t start that high. He is a guy who really needed to test well.

Today was the first day that it hit me extremely hard that Simmie should have probably come back. My assumption was that given his injury history, it was logical for him to leave early, even if it hurt his stock in the short-term. But the numbers simply are not there. There’s a baseline as they say to play in the NFL as a reciever. I thought his pro day was going to be a significant improvement over his combine, but I didn’t see it.

And the 29.5 inch vert is going to make some people go back and watch some tape. Here’s the difference between he and Cody Latimer... Latimer could jump out of the gym. It’s at least going to make people go back and watch the tape and question his ability on go routes. He is kind of a guy who would reach his arms up to get the ball (instead of leaping and going to get it like Latimer).

You wish the kid well, but his stock has dropped throughout the process if you ask me, and it didn’t start that high. He is a guy who really needed to test well.

Yeah.., I don't know who the clowns were who were telling him he was a lock to go in the first two rounds but I can tell you they were doing him a major disservice...

Simply looking at his game without the testing numbers would tell any sane person he'd struggle to get above the 5th round (with good to great "numbers").

Things are looking like free agency for him with a possible year off to build himself into a TE (but his lack of strength and blocking skill may preclude even that).

Hope I'm completely wrong and he does well in this years draft (but the numbers and last years drops won't help his stock)...

Just my opinion...

Yeah.., I don't know who the clowns were who were telling him he was a lock to go in the first two rounds but I can tell you they were doing him a major disservice...

Simply looking at his game without the testing numbers would tell any sane person he'd struggle to get above the 5th round (with good to great "numbers").

Things are looking like free agency for him with a possible year off to build himself into a TE (but his lack of strength and blocking skill may preclude even that).

Hope I'm completely wrong and he does well in this years draft (but the numbers and last years drops won't help his stock)...

Just my opinion...
Yes. Even if he can be a good player, and is just a bad tester, this at least lowers his initial stock (and salary), compared to if he had worked on these issues. Every guy has different motivations for leaving, and I hope he does well because he’s a great guy, but initially it looks like he’s cost himself some money. As you mentioned, he was in that 5th RD range without any testing. This can’t help. But he may just be a “gamer” and can hopefully make a squad anyway.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT