ADVERTISEMENT

#1 for Most Hoped for Next Commit: Deontae Craig

PU just got a commit from a 4-star corner with offers from Alabama and ND. Doubt they are worried about us getting this guy
1. Purdue is relevant why?
2. If we're doing the offers game. Craig has offers from Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee, Purdue, North Carolina, Northwestern, Minnesota, Georgia Tech.

I'm sure somebody will be here soon though to clear up that every single one of those for Craig wasn't committable, while Nick Saban is contemplating retirement due to that corner not going to Alabama.

True but Rashawn William’s ranking is going to drop based on the article the other day. He’s clearly the outlier of the class. After him, pretty decent drop.

Decent class but not close to as good as yours last year.
If you're going to spoof someone else's handle, at least have the intelligence to not refer to iu as someone else's team.

Does anyone know when he's announcing, or has he not specified exactly when? KI know he's said he'll announce soon, of course that could have a large window of time.? Also, I think he's a strong IU lean..I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't land here.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I've seen those crystal ball picks by others change on a dime. That's all speculation. Of course I hope you are right.
I have to but not very often. Especially when they come in clusters as they did today, & close to announcement time...supposedly. They're 86% accurate so far in this class, & in a scenario like this, they're certainly well over 90%. A lot of the misses are picks made many months in advance(in advance of announcing, that is. Craig has indicated he will announce soon, possibly any time).

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I’d love to see it but Big Ten sack records? You do know OSU starts multiple 5 stars on their D line every year don’t you? With All American DBs and safeties behind them. Robbins and Craig would be GREAT for IU but they wouldn’t see the field for OSU.
Man you are just about annoying. No wonder people on this board don't like you. You are ALWAYS negative. Any thing and everything isn't good enough for you. There is a huge difference between being critical and just outright hating. Go find a new team dude if all you do is hate.

Man you are just about annoying. No wonder people on this board don't like you. You are ALWAYS negative. Any thing and everything isn't good enough for you. There is a huge difference between being critical and just outright hating. Go find a new team dude if all you do is hate.

He's already got another team. The clown is a p u Troll. As hard as he works at it he might be on their payroll.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Does anyone know when he's announcing, or has he not specified exactly when? KI know he's said he'll announce soon, of course that could have a large window of time.? Also, I think he's a strong IU lean..I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't land here.
I thought I saw somewhere (sorry i cant remember where, was on my work computer) that his dad said Craig wanted to wait until a couple weeks into the season. The thought was if he commits before then, it's going to be iu. If he waits, apparently Iowa has a shot to creep in there.

I thought I saw somewhere (sorry i cant remember where, was on my work computer) that his dad said Craig wanted to wait until a couple weeks into the season. The thought was if he commits before then, it's going to be iu. If he waits, apparently Iowa has a shot to creep in there.
Hmm. Well let's not go the way of the B-ball program & play our way out of a key recruit.

Appears to be Iowa now. As usual winning is the key. This could be a good flip for us later in the year.

Appears to be Iowa now. As usual winning is the key. This could be a good flip for us later in the year.

Can someone kick Iowa out of Indiana please? Been stealing recruits out of the Indy area for years now, whether or not Craig chooses them.

One serious consideration for he and his family should be that Doyle is still their head of strength and conditioning.

How he kept his job after this:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=6061650

has always baffled me.

If a Strength & Conditioning staff anywhere else put 13 players in the hospital they'd be looking to stay out prison...; at Iowa they get raises and long term job security...

Reactions: DANC
Here's hoping he sees the light by signing day...

I think he's a great fit here.
The coaches are really staying on him. He said in an interview that the IU coaches talk to him every day. More than any other staff.

Reactions: 76-1
With IUs luck, he’ll end up being an All-American at Iowa.

While Iowa does seemingly get a steady flow of Indiana HS players, it seems like very few see the field in any meaningful way. I think AJ Edds was the last one to be a real impact player for them, and he graduated a decade ago.

the geography of the state just kills Indiana, and always has.

a lot of the talent is in the northern part of the state, and ND, Northwestern, PU, MSU, Mich, are all closer geographically than IU and gets more media coverage.

the part of the state where IU is the "home team", goes from Martinsville to Washington.

even Indy is split with PU, and OSU is an easy drive.

in Wisc, Minn, or Ohio, the entire state has 1 school as the home school.

most of Indiana has at minimum 2 "home" schools, at least 3 in most of the state, and more like five in the northern part where much of the in state fball talent is.

that said, Fred Glass' absolute refusal to try and help attendance in the slightest, just kills IU recruiting.

he's not the first IU AD to not help attendance, but the fact that he has several times the financial wherewithal to do it, makes him the most egregious of the offenders by far.

everybody between 17th and the bypass, players, coaches, staff, is busting their butt and giving their all to make IU a winner.

everyone except Fred Glass, who can't help but see the problem literally screaming at him every home game, and just won't do anything about it.

unfortunately, the Gov appointed BOT didn't hire a politically connected political operative money man as AD to fix IU's biggest fixable football obstacle, thus didn't get one who would.

Reactions: IUgradman

a lot of the talent is in the northern part of the state, and ND, Northwestern, PU, MSU, Mich, are all closer geographically than IU and gets more media coverage.

the part of the state where IU is the "home team", goes from Martinsville to Washington.

most of Indiana has at minimum 2 "home" schools, at least 3 in most of the state, and more like five in the northern part where much of the in state fball talent is.

that said, Fred Glass' absolute refusal to try and help attendance in the slightest, just kills IU recruiting.

he's not the first IU AD to not help attendance, but the fact that he has several times the financial wherewithal to do it, makes him the most egregious of the offenders by far.

everybody between 17th and the bypass, players, coaches, staff, is busting their butt and giving their all to make IU a winner.

everyone except Fred Glass, who can't help but see the problem literally screaming at him every home game, and just won't do anything about it.

unfortunately, the Gov appointed BOT didn't hire a politically connected political operative money man as AD to fix IU's biggest fixable football obstacle, thus didn't get one who would.

Re; Glass.....I hate what he's done with 'monetizing' the grass lots.....other than that, what has he done to harm attendance (scheduling?)? And what hasn't he done that you think would have made a difference?

The attendance is much more complex than you indicate. Above all, merely reducing ticket prices or even giving tickets away won't solve the problem, and may actually drive down attendance in certain circumstances.

Case in point, let's look at student attendance, which already have significantly reduced ticket prices. For many games, probably less than half of students with season tickets even show up, and even if they do show up, they come late and leave early. In a similar situation, I have cousins, that along with their friends, purchased the recent grad season tickets (similar price to student tickets) explicitly with the intention of only showing up for 2 or 3 games, because it was cheaper than buying single game tickets. In both cases I think this is because their tickets are cheap, and they don't feel like they are throwing money away by not showing up.

exactly what else can fred glass do to help football attendance?

do you guys just not grasp how ticket sales work?

or dealing with mass unsold capacity?

this isn't rocket science.

it's about will and priorities and apathy.
We had this same discussion in 1996.

Time to move on.

The attendance is much more complex than you indicate. Above all, merely reducing ticket prices or even giving tickets away won't solve the problem, and may actually drive down attendance in certain circumstances.

Case in point, let's look at student attendance, which already have significantly reduced ticket prices. For many games, probably less than half of students with season tickets even show up, and even if they do show up, they come late and leave early. In a similar situation, I have cousins, that along with their friends, purchased the recent grad season tickets (similar price to student tickets) explicitly with the intention of only showing up for 2 or 3 games, because it was cheaper than buying single game tickets. In both cases I think this is because their tickets are cheap, and they don't feel like they are throwing money away by not showing up.

th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT