ADVERTISEMENT

#1 for Most Hoped for Next Commit: Deontae Craig

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
The young man who played Keion Brooks better than even in basketball and if he was 5 inches taller would be an NBA prospect now rather than a future NFL prospect.

With Robbins at one DE and Craig at the other, they may well set Big Ten sack records and be draft picks prior to their SR years (bad for us, GREAT for them).

The young man who played Keion Brooks better than even in basketball and if he was 5 inches taller would be an NBA prospect now rather than a future NFL prospect.

With Robbins at one DE and Craig at the other, they may well set Big Ten sack records and be draft picks prior to their SR years (bad for us, GREAT for them).

A worthy #1 pick, for sure.

My top 10 would be:

1. Craig, mainly because he's from FW, IN
2. Wesley Neal, DT, Florida--Looks like IU, Miami, Pitt, or Virginia.
3. Jason Eaton, OT, TN--6'6" 320 lbs....don't know if we have a legit shot...has offers from IU, Kansas, UK, LSU, MO.....
4. Noah Arinze, DE, MO--Would be #1 if I knew we had a legit shot....long offer list.
5. Monroe Mills, OT MO--Between IU, Mo, Kansas, OK St.
6. James Pogoeic, OT VA--Has a final 5 of IU, Illinois, Harvard, Princeton, Syracuse....rated higher than Mills but his offer list isn't as strong.
7. Geri Theodore, DE, FLA--We seem to have a legit shot...offers from Syr, IU, ILL, Iowa St, Ole Miss
8. Randy Holtz, OT, IN--Rate him this high mainly because he's huge and it's between us & Purdue. Doesn't have the offers of Eaton, Pogoeic, or Mills.
9. Johnquai Lewis WR, FLA--Really good WR with nice offers...apparently we have a shot
10. Mike Pettway, WR AL--Smaller and not quite as highly rated as Lewis

I will admit that I have no personal knowledge, and am just going by what Peegs has on these guys, and other internet info..........

My top 10 would be:

3. Jason Eaton, OT, TN--6'6" 320 lbs....don't know if we have a legit shot...has offers from IU, Kansas, UK, LSU, MO.....
4. Noah Arinze, DE, MO--Would be #1 if I knew we had a legit shot....long offer list.
6. James Pogoeic, OT VA--Has a final 5 of IU, Illinois, Harvard, Princeton, Syracuse....rated higher than Mills but his offer list isn't as strong.
7. Geri Theodore, DE, FLA--We seem to have a legit shot...offers from Syr, IU, ILL, Iowa St, Ole Miss
8. Randy Holtz, OT, IN--Rate him this high mainly because he's huge and it's between us & Purdue. Doesn't have the offers of Eaton, Pogoeic, or Mills.
9. Johnquai Lewis WR, FLA--Really good WR with nice offers...apparently we have a shot

I will admit that I have no personal knowledge, and am just going by what Peegs has on these guys, and other internet info..........
If Holtz is down to IU and Purdue, then you should probably be feeling pretty good. I don’t know that we would have room for him as we are already at 15, with Carr (hopefully) and at least one DT likely coming onboard this fall. There’s not much room left in the small class for ‘20.

Reactions: vesuvius13

My top 10 would be:

My early IU FOOTBALL Christmas List would be:

1. Deontae Craig DE (IN)(
  2. (Actually 1A) *James Pogorelc OT (VA)
  3. Cayden Baker OL (FL)
  4. Geri Theodore DE (FL)

Craig gets the top spot since he's from Indiana and has the highest ratings but I also really like Pogorelc..., so it's actually a tie at #1.

I think Baker and Theodore would be really good fits and could both become special players over the long haul...

Last edited:
My early IU FOOTBALL Christmas List would be:

1. Deontae Craig DE (IN)
  2. (Actually 1A) *James Pogorelc OT (VA)
  3. Monroe Mills OL (MO)
  4. Cayden Baker OL (FL)
  5. Geri Theodore DE (FL)

Craig gets the top spot since he's from Indiana and has the highest ratings but I really like Pogorelc..., so it's actually a tie at #1.

If Roe Mills shows up too we may well end up having the smartest group of Offensive Lineman in the country...! That would be a fun group to spend a few years of your life making history with!

I think Baker and Theodore would be really good fits and could both become special players over the long haul...
I had not seen Camden Baker before, but I might disagree with you about playing offensive line. I think he is really good on defense. He would be a super athletic offensive lineman though.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

With Williams' commitment we're at 15. If we could add 2 of the large OTs we're looking at, a DE (preferably Craig) and a small, fast slot WR, we'd be good to go depth wise going forward....then a couple other 'best player you can get' types.

edit---Monroe Mills picked OK St.....Damn

I'd go with Westley Neal, but I'll take both!! A high end DT is our #1 need, imo, along with a high end QB, of course.

If IU could get Craig, that would be a huge in-state get. I read where ND and OSU were considered "dream schools" for him at one time but they didn't make the cut, so maybe not enough "love" in the recruiting process.

Reactions: td75
Craig is picking between us and Iowa.

It's to close to call right now. He really likes the allure of playing close to home though, so hopefully, that wins out in the end.

I’d love to see it but Big Ten sack records? You do know OSU starts multiple 5 stars on their D line every year don’t you? With All American DBs and safeties behind them. Robbins and Craig would be GREAT for IU but they wouldn’t see the field for OSU.

I’d love to see it but Big Ten sack records? You do know OSU starts multiple 5 stars on their D line every year don’t you? With All American DBs and safeties behind them. Robbins and Craig would be GREAT for IU but they wouldn’t see the field for OSU.

How are you so sure and an authority that they couldn’t see field at OSU or anywhere?

Craig has a offer from Ohio State and could have commited there at one time if he wanted. He's good enough to play there.

Craig has a offer from Ohio State and could have commited there at one time if he wanted. He's good enough to play there.
“At one time”. And if he went there doesn’t mean he’d play.

Look, I think he’s a great player. I’d love for us to get him. But Big Ten sack records was absurd.

Somebody said we may have 20 max to give out right now.

If that's the case my final 5 favorites would be, in no particularly order: Craig, Lewis, Neal, and any two of the 5-6 big OT types we're looking at...............

Who is the Johnson kid to whom ftw referred in a post?

edit: The latest story about Craig from the Daily Hoosier looked very encouraging.......I'd be very surprised if he goes to Iowa...........

Last edited:
Somebody said we may have 20 max to give out right now.

If that's the case my final 5 favorites would be, in no particularly order: Craig, Lewis, Neal, and any two of the 5-6 big OT types we're looking at...............

Who is the Johnson kid to whom ftw referred in a post?

edit: The latest story about Craig from the Daily Hoosier looked very encouraging.......I'd be very surprised if he goes to Iowa...........

He might just help the Basketball Team as much as the Football Team.

From what I've read he's a lock down defender who plays bigger than his measurables.

I hope to see him play both sports in an INDIANA uniform.

Last edited:
247 has been been much lower on our class than Rivals. Adding Pogorelc along with Craig (appears we already got Craig) would still bump us up to the #39 class with 247. Adding Westley Neal on top of that would get us to 35th. Just imagine if we can get that 6th win..

247 has been been much lower on our class than Rivals. Adding Pogorelc along with Craig (appears we already got Craig) would still bump us up to the #39 class with 247. Adding Westley Neal on top of that would get us to 35th. Just imagine if we can get that 6th win..

True but Rashawn William’s ranking is going to drop based on the article the other day. He’s clearly the outlier of the class. After him, pretty decent drop.

Decent class but not close to as good as yours last year.

What makes you say we have Craig

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT