ADVERTISEMENT

“When the looting starts, the shooting starts...”

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
That’s really where we’re at now.

I have many friends and co workers...people that I believe to be good people, smart, generous... Yet they praised that tweet?

shooting someone for the crime of looting...shooting them?

Of ALL the things he could have communicated, that’s what came to his mind.

Who’s gonna be our Robert Kennedy? Is that even possible anymore? If Biden went to Minneapolis and stood in the middle of the riots and tried to speak to everyone, would they even listen at this point?

Reactions: MaxCoke

I have many friends and co workers...people that I believe to be good people, smart, generous... Yet they praised that tweet?

Who’s gonna be our Robert Kennedy? Is that even possible anymore? If Biden went to Minneapolis and stood in the middle of the riots and tried to speak to everyone, would they even listen at this point?
Maybe he doesn’t care anymore and knows/doesn’t want to be re-elected. At best some independents will sit out. But only the core would support him after tweets like this one.

Maybe he doesn’t care anymore and knows/doesn’t want to be re-elected. At best some independents will sit out. But only the core would support him after tweets like this one.

not so sure. The people I referenced definitely aren’t the typical “rally folks”. I fear he’s tapping into something that’s still very real, but often hidden. We’re still a much more racist society than most will admit.

And with him in the Oval Office, I fear leaders that try to mend and unify, will not only be ignored, but likely will be vilified.

To answer my own question...I think Biden would be ran out of town if he tried an RFK type thing.

The tweet was absolutely disgusting. Any other republican could do a better job than the current President. Its sad that anyone would think that this type of rhetoric deserves to be praised.

I think you’ve uncovered the real voter fraud going in this country. Allegedly 62 million people voted for Trump and we can’t find a single one of them. It must have been fraud.

We've actually uncovered a few. But they are going public with their "Buyers remorse"...

Republican Voters Against Trump spokesperson Sarah Longwell said in a statement that disaffected GOP voters could be the most effective voices of persuasion for Biden.

“There are millions of voters who used to be reliable Republicans but are disgusted by the Trump administration,” Longwell said. “Some are upset about the skyrocketing debt. Others about how he has debased the office. Some wish he would pursue a more humane immigration policy.”

But the one thing that unites them all, she added, is “wanting the country to move on from this deeply un-American presidency.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/republican-voters-against-trump-084431517.html

The sad thing is that twitter initially DELETED the tweet. He actually reposted, and this time they let it stand but added the violence "advisory"...

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-hides-trump-tweet-glorifying-074447917.html

Twitter is only concerned about shareholders like 99% of corporation . Their whole shtick about world leaders is BS. They have deleted world leader accounts before. The truth is that no one has done more for the value of Twitter than Trump.

Since the law and order days of Richard Nixon the GOP has successfully associated Democrats and so-called liberals with blacks and looters.

Not all Republicans politicians buy into this tactic, but it isn't easy to back off a successful ploy. Especially in an election year.

“There are millions of voters who used to be reliable Republicans but are disgusted by the Trump administration,” Longwell said. “Some are upset about the skyrocketing debt. Others about how he has debased the office. Some wish he would pursue a more humane immigration policy.”

But the one thing that unites them all, she added, is “wanting the country to move on from this deeply un-American presidency.

^truth

Over 100000 dead from Covid 19. Armed White supremacists roaming the streets unchecked in Michigan, Racist police murdering black men with apparent impunity, Minneapolis on fire, record unemployment and the economy in the toilet.

Is America great again yet?

I don't think that is accurate. Trump tweeted and Twitter posted a fact check warning which requires clicking before being able to view his tweet. The official White House Twitter account than re-posted Trump's tweet and had the same fact check warning applied. Twitter never deleted the original Trump tweet from any source I have seen.

I think you're right. I read something earlier that said they deleted it, but that was not what the BBC link I posted says. And I can't find the original article I read...

My larger point was the way Trump shot himself in the foot by re-posting his incendiary tweet after calmer voices should have prevailed. Once again Trump being stupid, and just opening himself up to the kind of controversy a more astute person might try to avoid.

The reality is that everything Trump does to stoke his base inflames anti-Trump passions to an even greater extent.
Even among longtime Republicans.

Looking forward to seeing the folks from this site who voted for Trump in 2016 add their stories to this website...

https://rvat.org/#homePageStories

Reactions: AckAck
I think you're right. I read something earlier that said they deleted it, but that was not what the BBC link I posted says. And I can't find the original article I read...

My larger point was the way Trump shot himself in the foot by re-posting his incendiary tweet after calmer voices should have prevailed. Once again Trump being stupid, and just opening himself up to the kind of controversy a more astute person might try to avoid.

The reality is that everything Trump does to stoke his base inflames anti-Trump passions to an even greater extent.

Looking forward to seeing the folks from this site who voted for Trump in 2016 add their stories to this website...

There are no T.rump voters here.
Also, I wonder how many of those people will change their tune in the 5 seconds it takes to pull the straight party ticket lever?

You referred to, "everything Trump does to stoke his base."

Why in the world does Trump think he needs to do anything to stoke his base? Is it really possible that Trump thinks he is losing his hardcore base?

Its clear what it means. The orange turd and his cult following will try to word salad us to death, to let us know that wasn't the intent. He can't take it back. The tweet was disgusting.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Its clear what it means. The orange turd and his cult following will try to word salad us to death, to let us know that wasn't the intent. He can't take it back. The tweet was disgusting.

The tweet was disgusting. What's even more disgusting is how many people are simply accepting the framing that black people burning down a building is more violent than police officers murdering a black man. There was a beginning to this violence, and it wasn't a rock going through a window. Every day more of the quiet parts get said out loud by our president and his followers.

You referred to, "everything Trump does to stoke his base."

Why in the world does Trump think he needs to do anything to stoke his base? Is it really possible that Trump thinks he is losing his hardcore base?

I'd refer you to 2 articles. First is the urgent visit by Bossie and Lewandoski last week, where they warned Trump he was in serious danger in AZ and FL. McSally is a huge problem in AZ, she's going to drag Trump down with her...

But the issue in FL is that he's hemorrhaging older voters, and DeSantis hasn't helped. Calling FL "God's waiting room wasn't a particularly favorable comment in a lot of people's eyes...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/26/trump-campaign-lewandowski-bossie-283089

But even more relevant to my comment is this study just released...

"President Donald Trump's endorsement of Republicans isn't a sure-fire bet that they'll succeed in their elections, and data suggests it may actually hurt their chances.

Data published by Legislative Studies Quarterly suggests Mr. Trump's endorsement by no means guarantees a win for a conservative candidate. Since he took office, the Republican party has lost a total of 15 seats — 11 in the House and four in the Senate — all of whose candidates had Mr. Trump's endorsement.

According to the findings, when Mr. Trump endorsed a candidate, it inspired increased donations towards the candidate's opponent by their supporters."

"Overall, the researchers found that candidates who were endorsed by the president fared worse in their campaigns than the candidates who Mr. Trump did not endorse."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...publican-seats-us-election-2020-a9537886.html

Trump has basically played to his base for the past 4 yrs. He hasn't done anything to expand it. And outside of Ruby red US states, his endorsement has been akin to the kiss of death.

Just last March he decided to endorse a Conservative SC Justice in Wisconsin, who was likely en route to a mundane win in a race no one was paying attention to. Trump tweets his endorsement, Dem voters respond and the Justice Trump endorsed loses by 10% to someone most of the public had never heard of...

I'm going on record that this isn't a coincidence. Trump - or some racist in his inner circle - knew about this and the 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts' tweet came to be.

Trump - or someone whispering in his ear - knew exactly what he was doing.

So today, some 17 hrs after the tweet, Trump claimed he didn't know it's racist history. Of course, everybody believes that...

Let's be honest, no way Trump comes up with that exact phrase on his own- he's just not that clever... Somebody on Team Trump came up with THAT particular reference. My money's on Steven Miller...

The idiots are tearing up the neighborhoods and accosting individuals again tonight.

The movement to improve the shameful way blacks are treated in this system takes another step backward. The peaceful protesters have been drowned out.

Sad, as we had the opportunity make change.

I have privilege as a white person because I can do all of these things without thinking twice:

I can go birding (#ChristianCooper)
I can go jogging (#AmaudArbery)
I can relax in the comfort of my own home (#BothemSean and #AtatianaJefferson)
I can ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride)
I can have a cellphone (#StephonClark)
I can leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards)
I can play loud music (#JordanDavis)
I can sell CDs (#AltonSterling)
I can sleep (#AiyanaJones)
I can walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown)
I can play cops and robbers (#TamirRice)
I can go to church (#Charleston9)
I can walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin)
I can hold a hair brush while leaving my own bachelor party (#SeanBell)
I can party on New Years (#OscarGrant)
I can get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland)
I can lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile)
I can break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones)
I can shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford)
I can have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher)
I can read a book in my own car (#KeithScott)
I can be a 10yr old walking with our grandfather (#CliffordGlover)
I can decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese)
I can ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans)
I can cash a check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood)
I can take out my wallet (#AmadouDiallo)
I can run (#WalterScott)
I can breathe (#EricGarner)
I can live (#FreddieGray)
I CAN BE ARRESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING MURDERED (#GeorgeFloyd)

White privilege is real. Take a minute to consider a Black person’s experience today.

Never one to waste an opportunity...

Seriously, was there ever a moment when he actually acted 'presidential' in the past 3 1/2 years? To unite the country during dark times? Its been candidate Trump since he came down the feckin' escalator.
Just once you wish an escalator would break down in the most opportune time.

Biden? lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT