ADVERTISEMENT

“This Note Is Legal Tender For All Debts Public And Private”

It's not a good thing 😕. Technology has just about come too far, too fast.

Regarding money, a person has a much better handle on money when using cash. It's far easier to over spend when using plastic to pay for everything. There's a psychology behind it that allows a person to just spew money with debit cards/credit cards.

Everything should be free.
5o80dl.jpg

It's called immaturity.
Not really; it's a system that absolutely doesn't want their people to be frugal, money savvy investors. That scares the government to death because financially independent people have freedoms and leverage that the majority will never know.

Most people live and die under the boot of tremendous debt. Some of it is maturity, or a lack of maturity but it's way deeper than that.

Not really; it's a system that absolutely doesn't want their people to be frugal, money savvy investors. That scares the government to death because financially independent people have freedoms and leverage that the majority will never know.
Oh knock it off. It's not the "system" or the "government"; it's individuals making bad decisions based on immediate, short term gratification. If there's any "system" involved, it's the financiers who make these poor decisions possible.

Most people live and die under the boot of tremendous debt. Some of it is maturity, or a lack of maturity but it's way deeper than that.
Hey, on a side note, did you see the updates I added to your story on the Murdaughs'. Very Southern Gothic.

It's not a good thing 😕. Technology has just about come too far, too fast.

Regarding money, a person has a much better handle on money when using cash. It's far easier to over spend when using plastic to pay for everything. There's a psychology behind it that allows a person to just spew money with debit cards/credit cards.
I try to use my credit card for everything. I get money for using it by paying it off every month. I even put $10,000 on my card for part of my last car purchase. I put $5000 on it for the previous car. It’s essentially the same as cash, but I get paid to use it.

What you are saying is that you couldn't pay for the car, so you had to maintain your rank in the current cycle of economic slavery by taking debit that you hope you can repay. Wall street loves you Kunta Harris I mean Toby Biden.
Lmao he's retired from a successful military career. I think he can afford a car. About every half dozen posts I can't tell if you are joking or just a moron

I try to use my credit card for everything. I get money for using it by paying it off every month. I even put $10,000 on my card for part of my last car purchase. I put $5000 on it for the previous car. It’s essentially the same as cash, but I get paid to use it.

We do the same. The card accrues air miles and allows SWMBO to go home to SK for (close to) free. Been using it for close to twenty years, and I think they may have gotten interest out of me once.

I had a coworker build his $350,000 house all on his credit card. He would pay it off as he went, collecting rewards. People with money can do things to really game the system. Lowes had to pay a premium on everything he bought with that card, that premium is passed through as higher costs to everyone else.

Lmao he's retired from a successful military career. I think he can afford a car. About every half dozen posts I can't tell if you are joking or just a moron
Someone must have deleted his post. I'm not retired-retired. I'm working in my second career. I pay off my credit card bill every month - including that 10,000+ bill. ;)

I had a coworker build his $350,000 house all on his credit card. He would pay it off as he went, collecting rewards. People with money can do things to really game the system. Lowes had to pay a premium on everything he bought with that card, that premium is passed through as higher costs to everyone else.
My card is with USAA. I do all my insurance with them and had a couple of car loans with them too. They make plenty of money from me. It's a great company too.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nope.

Could not use American money to buy concessions at the IU/Iowa game

Could not use American money to buy a ticket to a high school football game tonight

E-commerce only

Does Nancy Pelosi know about this?
Doesn't say it can be used for commercial transactions. It says "debt".

Buying a beer or Crackerjacks ain't paying off a debt.

Signed . . .

Constitutional literalists . . . .

My card is with USAA. I do all my insurance with them and had a couple of car loans with them too. They make plenty of money from me. It's a great company too.
Yep, I get that. The vendor pays a higher credit card fee when a rewards card is used over a standard card. So they are the one's paying you to shop there over a person paying cash or using a standard card.

Nope.

Could not use American money to buy a ticket to a high school football game tonight

E-commerce only

Have you never, ever flown on a plane? Cash free for what... 15 years at least. Did Nancy do it?

Nope.

E-commerce only

very interesting, and a shame this thread got hijacked from the start.

did you ask why they weren't accepting currency?

was it to cut down on objects changing hands due to covid, and the fact that money is a big carrier. (though not anywhere near as big a spreader as touch pads and screens).

or is currency for making change too short in supply to make change?

or was it a time/efficiency thing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT