Votes: 9 17.3%
  • No. Listen to the medical professionals

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Today’s press conference is bound to be a nightmare. I would not be surprised if Trump ducks the press today.

It’s a black and white question folks. Do you think it is time to get back to work or is it advisable to slow walk this and follow the advice of the medical professionals?

I thought about putting a third choice in and if I had it would’ve been that you’re unsure as to which way the country should go at this point.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the 3 part ramp up the President laid out? It makes a lot of sense to me. We do have to get back to normal at some point. This shut down can't last forever. It is unsustainable.

That is the second choice. Follow the advice of the medical experts.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Option three: A reasonable ramp up has been laid out by the medical experts. hold the Governors to it. This is the correct answer.
Option 2 said listen to the medical experts! The “ramp up” was devised by the Trumpsters.
Do you listen to Trump try to get Redfield, Fauci to say we might not have Coronavirus in the fall- it might just go away. But they stood up there and said it absolutely would return in the fall.

That is the second choice. Follow the advice of the medical experts.
Wouldn't you think that since they are doing a three part reopen that Trump didn't come up with that by himself? I am sure he has talked with many medical experts. There are some who are saying that not reopening will cost lives too. People who are poor get depressed and turn to alcohol and drugs. They can't get the medicine they need because they don't have money. Etc. So you have to think about those folks too.

Reactions: AtlantaCat
Today’s press conference is bound to be a nightmare. I would not be surprised if Trump ducks the press today.

It’s a black and white question folks. Do you think it is time to get back to work or is it advisable to slow walk this and follow the advice of the medical professionals?

I thought about putting a third choice in and if I had it would’ve been that you’re unsure as to which way the country should go at this point.
Choices are too general. Might be time in Billings but not in Brooklyn.

Wouldn't you think that since they are doing a three part reopen that Trump didn't come up with that by himself? I am sure he has talked with many medical experts. There are some who are saying that not reopening will cost lives too. People who are poor get depressed and turn to alcohol and drugs. They can't get the medicine they need because they don't have money. Etc. So you have to think about those folks too.
Which is exactly why we need a universal healthcare plan. Thank you so much for proving the point. Anyone not supporting universal coverage after this is just being willfully obtuse.

I was just reading a story that businesses do not want to enforce mask rules. OK, I get no one wants to be the mask police. But forcing minimum wage employees to deal with unmasked customers is totally ridiculous. It fits a pattern of a combination of "it ain't me" and "sucks to be them".
And what’s your expertise in work place rule enforcement?

I was just reading a story that businesses do not want to enforce mask rules. OK, I get no one wants to be the mask police. But forcing minimum wage employees to deal with unmasked customers is totally ridiculous. It fits a pattern of a combination of "it ain't me" and "sucks to be them".

There just isn't a community spirit. What has been revealed with the shambles is that whole concept of being an ''American'' really is a self-serving idea -- giving one a personal identity. And not one that actually binds people together. And push comes to shove, its always about money first.
Not sure it was a facade in the past but it certainly is the case today.

Reactions: DrHoops and The Vid
There just isn't a community spirit. What has been revealed with the shambles is that whole concept of being an ''American'' really is a self-serving idea -- giving one a personal identity. And not one that actually binds people together. And push comes to shove, its always about money first.

i think there is a community spirit. Unfortunately in a pandemic it doesn't take many outliers to cause a problem.

Bizzaro world when the sign on the door says "No mask No shoes No Service"

Technically the system is already in place as shitty as it sounds. If you don’t want to do the job quit. Otherwise I presume it would just fall under the rubric of worker’s compensation if you get sick - occupational disease claim just like other folks who work hazardous jobs.

Choices are too general. Might be time in Billings but not in Brooklyn.

that would be option #2.

Originally Donald Trump wanted to open the economy on April 12. Then he wanted to open the economy on May 1. Neither of these random dates had the support of his medical advisers. Then his administration came up with the gating idea that involved reopening the economy in three different phases. Approximately 97% of the US population is operating right now with essential businesses only. That is the advice of his medical advisers. Phase 1 expansion, phase 2 expansion and phase 3 expansion would all be in line with his medical advisers.

Kemp’s plan to reopen Georgia this week was not based on the advice of his medical advisers. Georgia was nowhere near the 14 day downward trajectory in diagnosed cases that was necessary to enter phase 1. If and when Georgia meets that goal then they will be opening up it economy in line with phase 1 medical advisory requirements.

Based on current responses to the poll approximately 25% of respondents view the gating requirements and the three expansion phases as unnecessary encumbrances on their God-given rights to pursue happiness.

Last edited:
Technically the system is already in place as shitty as it sounds. If you don’t want to do the job quit. Otherwise I presume it would just fall under the rubric of worker’s compensation if you get sick - occupational disease claim just like other folks who work hazardous jobs.

True, but there is a certain level of proof that work caused the COVID. That could take considerable time I would think. I suspect, don't know, the main evidence would be others in the business also having COVID. But in small shops that just might not happen. If I am the only worker at a convenience store during a shift and someone comes in and infects me, I may not pass it to my replacement when they come in.

It seems very logical to me, if someone is essential they need to be insured. We'd all insure something essential, wouldn't we?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
A Tyson processing plant in Logansport, IN just Closed do to an outbreak and employee absenteeism. It’s one of many meat processing plants that have closed do to outbreaks across the country. I don’t know how some businesses can find a workable plan that allows for reopening while also ensuring employees and customers remain safe. This is going to be much harder than many think. There is no simple “re-open” the economy.

Which is exactly why we need a universal healthcare plan. Thank you so much for proving the point. Anyone not supporting universal coverage after this is just being willfully obtuse.
Universal Healthcare would mean that medicine and other procedures would be decided by a panel. So even with it you might not get the medicine if you are deemed to be not worth saving. It's like the lady who asked Obama if her 95 yr old mother would get her needed surgery under ObamaCare and Obama actually said,"We'd give her a pill". Why a pill? Because she would be deemed as not worth the money to be spent on her.

Universal Healthcare would mean that medicine and other procedures would be decided by a panel. So even with it you might not get the medicine if you are deemed to be not worth saving. It's like the lady who asked Obama if her 95 yr old mother would get her needed surgery under ObamaCare and Obama actually said,"We'd give her a pill". Why a pill? Because she would be deemed as not worth the money to be spent on her.

Even if that happens, right now the person that cannot afford a surgery or a pill would get neither. Is nothing the best we can do?

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
#diversity

You literally got nothing correct about that particular incident. Last time I checked Not Lying is one of the commandments, right? You should follow the commandments, or at least try .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_health_care

You mean just like insurance companies do now?

Lord, have mercy.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...n-says-obama-would-have-government-require-c/

A couple of things - first I think you're either misquoting or mischaracterizing Obama here.

Second, now that push has actually come to shove, isn't the conventional wisdom conservatives are pushing essentially that some people will have to die as collateral damage for revving up the economy again? It's not hard to read between the lines when the Rush Limbaughs and Fox News personalities are saying the cure can't be worse than the virus (and the president parrots them).

If that same 'lady' asked a sitting Republican senator or member of congress about the safety and preservation of her 95 year old mother today, what do you think their response would be?

At this point, I don't know why anyone wouldn't be at least on board with uncoupling health insurance with employment.

that would be option #2.

Originally Donald Trump wanted to open the economy on April 12. Then he wanted to open the economy on May 1. Neither of these random dates had the support of his medical advisers. Then his administration came up with the gating idea that involved reopening the economy in three different phases. Approximately 97% of the US population is operating right now with essential businesses only. That is the advice of his medical advisers. Phase 1 expansion, phase 2 expansion and phase 3 expansion would all be in line with his medical advisers.

Kemp’s plan to reopen Georgia this week was not based on the advice of his medical advisers. Georgia was nowhere near the 14 day downward trajectory in diagnosed cases that was necessary to enter phase 1. If and when Georgia meets that goal then they will be opening up it economy in line with phase 1 medical advisory requirements.

Based on current responses to the poll approximately 25% of respondents view the gating requirements and the three expansion phases as unnecessary encumbrances on their God-given rights to pursue happiness.

Dude, just reword the questions rather than defending them and trying to figure out what voters mean.

ADVERTISEMENT