ADVERTISEMENT

“There’s a special place in Hell” for ‘bad faith’ leaders like Trudeau

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
This is what a White House trade negotiator Peter Navarro said about Trudeau and CANADA (!). Trump manufactures a crisis and because Trudeau doesn’t back down to Trump’s s bullying, Canada is the enemy. If you can’t get along with Canada, there is a serious problem. This is shocking.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...-in-hell-for-leaders-like-canadian-pm-trudeau

And in classic Trump fashion, he’s name calling our closest ally. Just to get this straight, the US can unilaterally impose tariffs on Canada, but Canada can’t retaliate, and if they do they’re weak? Okay.

And look at this picture of Trump at the summit. Like a petulant child...arms crossed.All our formerly closest allies...and the only country Trump will go to bat for is Russia. Truly disturbing.

Last edited:
This is what a White House trade negotiator Peter Novartis said about Trudeau and CANADA (!). Trump manufactures a crisis and because Trudeau doesn’t back down to Trump’s s bullying, Canada is the enemy. If you can’t get along with Canada, there is a serious problem. This is shocking.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...-in-hell-for-leaders-like-canadian-pm-trudeau

And in classic Trump fashion, he’s name calling our closest ally. Just to get this straight, the US can unilaterally impose tariffs on Canada, but Canada can’t retaliate, and if they do they’re weak? Okay.

And look at this picture of Trump at the summit. Like a petulant child...arms crossed.All our formerly closest allies...and the only country Trump will go to bat for is Russia. Truly disturbing.
Did you see the other pic with Trump sitting staring with his trademark smirk while all the other leaders are reading something? Of course, he’d need someone to read it to him.

It's humiliating. I'm leaving for Switzerland next week. I can't wait to see what the mood is over there.

Did you see the other pic with Trump sitting staring with his trademark smirk while all the other leaders are reading something? Of course, he’d need someone to read it to him.

He would also need it to be in picture format with his name all through it so he wouldn’t lose interest.

I am no fan of Donald Trump. It seems he is about as ethically-challenged as one could possibly be, leading to historically low approval ratings for a sitting US president. As such, many world leaders may think that challenging the current POTUS could bump their own domestic approval ratings. So to me it's no surprise to see the EU/G-7/NAFTA leaders he is currently @ odds with (Macron, Merkel, May, Abe, Trudeau, Nieto etc) taking shots @ Trump in the press, especially when considering their own historically low domestic approval ratings. I mean seriously, at present every one of the leaders mentioned above have similar or in some cases, worse, domestic approval/disapproval ratings in their respective countries as Trump here. And he gives them plenty of ammo.

But FFS if the guy has proven anything over his career it's his willingness to say "eff it, i'ma do what I want, and walk off this mf'er". I mean, if he's done that once he's done it a bajillion times so the fact the he responded to Trudeau's political kayfabe in that presser with some of his own cannot be surprising. What did Trudeau think would happen, that Trump would suddenly drop the bluster and play Mr. Meek? And the resulting hand wringing by the media and politicians (R & D alike) is definitely amusing. But, this is what happens when given a choice between a crap sandwich (Clinton) and a crap casserole (Trump). If the terms "President Trump" or "President (Hillary) Clinton" aren't enough of an impetus to get our collective political shit together, then stick a fork in us...we are done.

Many may not have gotten the president we wanted but we ALL got the president we deserved. Hail to the Chief baby!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott S
Over 500,000 American soldiers died fighting for this alliance in World Wars I and II. Republicans are ready to spit on these men and women’s graves because of Donald Trump’s tantrums.

I pity you.

I am no fan of Donald Trump. It seems he is about as ethically-challenged as one could possibly be, leading to historically low approval ratings for a sitting US president. As such, many world leaders may think that challenging the current POTUS could bump their own domestic approval ratings. So to me it's no surprise to see the EU/G-7/NAFTA leaders he is currently @ odds with (Macron, Merkel, May, Abe, Trudeau, Nieto etc), especially when considering their own historically low domestic approval ratings, taking pot shots @ Trump in the press. I mean seriously, at present every one of the leaders mentioned above have similar or in some cases, worse, domestic approval/disapproval ratings in their respective countries as Trump here.

But FFS if the guy has proven anything over his career it's his willingness to say "eff it, i'ma do what I want, and walk off this mf'er". I mean, if he's done that once he's done it a bajillion times so the fact the he responded to Trudeau's political kayfabe in that presser with some of his own cannot be surprising. What did Trudeau think would happen, that Trump would suddenly drop the bluster and play Mr. Meek? And the resulting hand wringing by the media and politicians (R & D alike) is definitely amusing. But, this is what happens when given a choice between a crap sandwich (Clinton) and a crap casserole (Trump). If the terms "President Trump" or "President (Hillary) Clinton" aren't enough of an impetus to get our collective political shit together, then stick a fork in us...we are done.

Many may not have gotten the president we wanted but we ALL got the president we deserved. Hail to the Chief baby!

I didn’t see that, no.

You know ..... enjoy Switzerland.... stay over there ....
You know, it's pretty pathetic , but not a bit surprising that you resort to this type of juvenile response. And again, not a bit surprising the people who liked it. The GOP party is becoming more and more like Trump .Nothing of substance, merely name calling and insults.

This is the President of the United States.

I would really like to know where he gets his numbers from and his understanding of trade surplus/deficits are.

It must be incredibly insulting to be called a liar or backstabber by a guy who lies publically on the average of 5-6 times per day. It's like being called a 'monster' by a mass murder or a paedo.

The thing with Trump is that it doesn't matter. You think some coal miner in W. Virginia knows about these numbers? All he sees is that Trump is saying the US is getting ripped off. That's all they need to hear.

I would really like to know where he gets his numbers from and his understanding of trade surplus/deficits are.

It must be incredibly insulting to be called a liar or backstabber by a guy who lies publically on the average of 5-6 times per day. It's like being called a 'monster' by a mass murder or a paedo.

The thing with Trump is that it doesn't matter. You think some coal miner in W. Virginia knows about these numbers? All he sees is that Trump is saying the US is getting ripped off. That's all they need to hear.

So, he can call on his repertoire of domestic and foreign bogeymen when required. Cunning.
He also must think that the US economy is starting to peak and is preparing the groundwork for any downslide and who to blame.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
By the way, I will be in Singapore in July. We need to grab a drink!

Yeap. All of us will undergo some periods of depression (ie sadness), few will suffer from clinical depression. But Trump will test it.
It will also test your idea of identity as an American - or who you thought Americans were.

This was the pic I was looking for, but for some reason I don't have the skills to post it:

I mean...this is a meeting with our ALLIES. Abe looks exasperated.

Reactions: sglowrider
It's going to be damned hot in July here too!

Yah but we have humidity here -- only when I used to live in Overland Pak, KS was Singapore actually cooler heat-index wise relatively speaking. Its definitely got much warmer in the past decade.
Which hotel do you normally stay in? I can think of the best local food & watering holes then.

Normally the Mandarin Oriental. But I'm open to suggestions of better places.

Yah but we have humidity here -- only when I used to live in Overland Pak, KS was Singapore actually cooler heat-index wise relatively speaking. Its definitely got much warmer in the past decade.
Which hotel do you normally stay in? I can think of the best local food & watering holes then.

I don't mind the humidity because I'll be at the pool. I just need the miles to keep my status on United!!!

Okay, I'll PM you when I get closer to the trip. Satay is awesome!

Its convenient for open-air food & drinks across the street -- The Promenade. We could walk to the Satay Club from there, after a few bevies of course.

ep2_satay_img_9119.jpg

I hope you don't have kids or at least not old enough to have them. This was incredibly infantile.
Did you bother to even read what that was in response too? “The entire Republican Party has spit on the graves....”

Infitile indeed.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT