ADVERTISEMENT

“Perspective is a fascinating thing…”

ATLHoosier

Freshman
Dec 20, 2001
I’m sure like many here, I enjoy going to the opposing teams’ forums directly before a game to see how the other side views the contest. Northwestern’s is the height of dull. They don’t even have a game thread for tonight. However Ohio State’s really brought a chuckle, considering all the handwringing going on here right now. Their “Ohio State @ Indiana” thread, thus far anyway, had these two comments:

“Start Carton and play better offense we desperately need a win”

and

“Another L coming and a 1-4 start is very likely. It may get ugly similar to Maryland. We’re out of the big ten race already and now fighting to stay in the top 25. We’re on par for a 4-5 seed right now.

They also had a thread entitled: “Is Holtman the answer?”

HAH!!

I’m sure like many here, I enjoy going to the opposing teams’ forums directly before a game to see how the other side views the contest. Northwestern’s is the height of dull. They don’t even have a game thread for tonight. However Ohio State’s really brought a chuckle, considering all the handwringing going on here right now. Their “Ohio State @ Indiana” thread, thus far anyway, had these two comments:

and

“Another L coming and a 1-4 start is very likely. It may get ugly similar to Maryland. We’re out of the big ten race already and now fighting to stay in the top 25. We’re on par for a 4-5 seed right now.

HAH!!
Some of our drama queens have been moonlighting.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

and

HAH!!

I don't know how different it is now (although I suspect, not very) but I lived there around '89-90, and while they had their share of good bball fans, overall they were pretty crappy bball fans. Great football fans, but very impatient in basketball. They would start off cheering in a game, be booing by halftime and cheering again for a late run. I think they related bball to football and just couldn't take the other team "crossing the 50 yard line" on almost every possession. No, I'm not kidding. We did as well as we could in football while I lived there. I think we were 1-1-1. Anthony Thompson years I think!

and

HAH!!
only the names are changed to protect the innocent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT