ADVERTISEMENT

“No one has ever doubted the talent on this Indiana roster”

Justin and Al aren't Archie's players. They are Creans. Everyone knows this even though they never played a minute for him. We have to wait until both are gone before making any judgement.
If that makes you feel better.

It’s the coach’s responsibility to put a system in place to develop their players.
It is also the coaches responsibility to recruit players that fit his system and to assess player talent. Archie really did a poor job of evaluating the guards. He had to know he didn't have reliable ball handlers and shooters....or rather, he should have known he didn't have them and done something to improve it.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I feel like there is always a excuse for Archie last year it was team chemistry and Romeo. This year it's Green being a cancer. Next year it will be Smith is cancer.
Yep and hasn't beaten Purdue once! I hope next season is different for IU but I'm not overly optimistic with CAM in charge.

I see both sides on this one.

My take is Al and Justin are Crean’s players since he recruited them. Archie apparently had to roll with those guys initially. From year 2 (sophomore year) he could have made changes unless there was a grade issue that could have adversely impacted IU. CAM is ultimately responsible for the roster makeup.

I see both sides on this one.

My take is Al and Justin are Crean’s players since he recruited them. Archie apparently had to roll with those guys initially. From year 2 (sophomore year) he could have made changes unless there was a grade issue that could have adversely impacted IU. CAM is ultimately responsible for the roster makeup.
Any player on Miller’s team is his. They aren’t Crean’s.

ADVERTISEMENT