ADVERTISEMENT

“No one has ever doubted the talent on this Indiana roster”

In what universe does IU's roster last year compare with the majority of the teams that finished above them? Seriously, while everyone has free time, I want to see you do roster comparisons (size, experience, recruiting rankings, and your personal opinion of the player) vs the teams finishing in the top 3 (or all finishing above them) in conference. I want to see how you justify claiming IU had similar talent.

The announcer obviously hasn’t seen the excuses on this board.

In what universe does IU's roster last year compare with the majority of the teams that finished above them? Seriously, while everyone has free time, I want to see you do roster comparisons (size, experience, recruiting rankings, and your personal opinion of the player) vs the teams finishing in the top 3 (or all finishing above them) in conference. I want to see how you justify claiming IU had similar talent.
How many teams had more 4 and 5 star recruits?

Reactions: Rasco123
fpeaugh:

Also fpeaugh:
His recruiting has gotten worse every single year. Just consistently worse and worse as time goes on. It’s a complete train wreck right now.
So which is it? Is Miller a terrible recruiter or did he have lots of talent on this team? You like to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

fpeaugh:

Also fpeaugh:

So which is it? Is Miller a terrible recruiter or did he have lots of talent on this team? You like to talk out of both sides of your mouth.
Just because he’s recruiting better than the likes of Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, etc does not make him a good recruiter. How are you this lost?

Reactions: Radio Zero
The announcer obviously hasn’t seen the excuses on this board.
We don't know, the coaching has been so bad for the last 6 years that we don't know! Players that were highly regarded never developed. Was it them, bad recruiting assessment, or just the shit show of coaching acumen we continue to suffer? It might be all of it, just seems like MSU, KU, Duke, UNC, KU rarely have total strikeouts on recruiting classes, yet we have two top ten paid coaches in succession for which this is common and accepted.

Reactions: fpeaugh
We don't know, the coaching has been so bad for the last 6 years that we don't know! Players that were highly regarded never developed. Was it them, bad recruiting assessment, or just the shit show of coaching acumen we continue to suffer? It might be all of it, just seems like MSU, KU, Duke, UNC, KU rarely have total strikeouts on recruiting classes, yet we have two top ten paid coaches in succession for which this is common and accepted.
Miller hasn't had any "total strikeouts on recruiting classes." That's ridiculous.

Are you counting DeRon as a 4*? Again, do actual roster comparisons. What starting centers in the B10 would Brunk (4*) unseat? What teams would freshman TJD (5* now 240lbs) start at (don't try to claim Maryland or MSU. He would be a key bench player)? Rob (4*) as a Sophomore wouldn't have started on the majority of the B10. Smith (low 4*) likely would have started or provided a lot of min anywhere based on defense (but he has no power game and very limited offensive ability. I highly doubt coaching is the reason he shoots his jumper on the way down). Al (3* for reasons) would be a solid 7th guy on most teams in the B10. So, do a comparison, yourself. Counting starters only (and considering size, experience, and skill) Minnesota had a better roster than IU, this year.

That all said, the B10 was decided by Seniors, this year (especially at PG). They won't be back. IU loses DeRon, DeVonte, and maybe one more? I thoroughly expect IU to be in the top half on the B10 next year. Experience matters. Leadership is a side effect of experience. Having seniors who have been in the program 3 full years matters. Having an offseason in the weight room and working on your own game matters. I still don't understand how people don't realize a 7 year contract means Archie has to earn his extension NEXT SEASON!!!! That was ALWAYS the main target. Anything short of comfortably making the tourney and continuing the recruiting momentum doesn't get that done. This was always going to take time to do the right way. Then again, seeing you actually pull for Pitino must mean you don't care about that?

Reactions: 82hoosier
Are you counting DeRon as a 4*? Again, do actual roster comparisons. What starting centers in the B10 would Brunk (4*) unseat? What teams would freshman TJD (5* now 240lbs) start at (don't try to claim Maryland or MSU. He would be a key bench player)? Rob (4*) as a Sophomore wouldn't have started on the majority of the B10. Smith (low 4*) likely would have started or provided a lot of min anywhere based on defense (but he has no power game and very limited offensive ability. I highly doubt coaching is the reason he shoots his jumper on the way down). Al (3* for reasons) would be a solid 7th guy on most teams in the B10. So, do a comparison, yourself. Counting starters only (and considering size, experience, and skill) Minnesota had a better roster than IU, this year.

That all said, the B10 was decided by Seniors, this year (especially at PG). They won't be back. IU loses DeRon, DeVonte, and maybe one more? I thoroughly expect IU to be in the top half on the B10 next year. Experience matters. Leadership is a side effect of experience. Having seniors who have been in the program 3 full years matters. Having an offseason in the weight room and working on your own game matters. I still don't understand how people don't realize a 7 year contract means Archie has to earn his extension NEXT SEASON!!!! That was ALWAYS the main target. Anything short of comfortably making the tourney and continuing the recruiting momentum doesn't get that done. This was always going to take time to do the right way. Then again, seeing you actually pull for Pitino must mean you don't care about that?
We had more talent from a recruiting standpoint than all but 2-3 teams. That’s the facts. Archie’s been the head coach for 3 years. If kids haven’t developed like they should that’s on him.

You understand Archie has been here less than 3 full years, right? What does 6 years have to do with anything? The "players that never developed" who have been here long enough to have more than one offseason being Green (3*), DeRon (4* who's reasons for regression should be obvious), Al (3* for good reasons), and Smith (4* who would start for most B10 teams)? I guess you can throw in Race, but he probably doesn't remember much of the last couple years with serious concussions (and I would argue he has developed quite a bit).

His only recruits are freshmen and Sophomores. Show me the team above us starting players who weren't experienced.

We had more talent from a recruiting standpoint than all but 2-3 teams. That’s the facts. Archie’s been the head coach for 3 years. If kids haven’t developed like they should that’s on him.

Reactions: kmathum
You are, basically, arguing that coaching doesn't matter if you ignoring the importance of upperclassmen. It's a total logic fail.

His only recruits are freshmen and Sophomores. Show me the team above us starting players who weren't experienced.
Weren’t experienced? Underwood and Holtmann were hired at the same time and are running circles around Archie.

Weren’t experienced? Underwood and Holtmann were hired at the same time and are running circles around Archie.

You are always wrong-it is amazing!
Underwood last 3 years:
14-18, ties for 2nd last in B1G
12-21, 12th place in B1G
21-10, 4th " "

I still laugh about your Lander commitment comments that you deleted 4 hours later, after proving once again the fool.

Link some proof for your facts. Otherwise, everyone assumes you pulled your information out of your bung hole - as usual.

You are always wrong-it is amazing!
Underwood last 3 years:
14-18, ties for 2nd last in B1G
12-21, 12th place in B1G
21-10, 4th " "

I still laugh about your Lander commitment comments that you deleted 4 hours later, after proving once again the fool.
Archie:
6th
9th
11th

Who is trending better?

Reactions: cryano
Just because he’s recruiting better than the likes of Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, etc does not make him a good recruiter. How are you this lost?
So if he's better than only 3 teams (at minimum according to you) how is IU supposed to have more 4 & 5 star recruits (again, according to you)?

The real question is how did IU’ s talent stuck up on the court against the talent other teams put on the court. Counting stars is meaningless. What was clear this year was that our guards and our three point shooters were inferior.

I feel like there is always a excuse for Archie last year it was team chemistry and Romeo. This year it's Green being a cancer. Next year it will be Smith is cancer.
Seniors are always the problem. Underclassmen and recruits always the solution. Rinse and repeat.

It’s been this way for 20 years in here.

The real question is how did IU’ s talent stuck up on the court against the talent other teams put on the court. Counting stars is meaningless. What was clear this year was that our guards and our three point shooters were inferior.
It’s the coach’s responsibility to put a system in place to develop their players.

You understand Archie has been here less than 3 full years, right? What does 6 years have to do with anything? The "players that never developed" who have been here long enough to have more than one offseason being Green (3*), DeRon (4* who's reasons for regression should be obvious), Al (3* for good reasons), and Smith (4* who would start for most B10 teams)? I guess you can throw in Race, but he probably doesn't remember much of the last couple years with serious concussions (and I would argue he has developed quite a bit).
The continuum of shit extends beyond Archie sadly, that's why he's here, but it still the same circus unfortunately

It’s the coach’s responsibility to put a system in place to develop their players.

Justin and Al aren't Archie's players. They are Creans. Everyone knows this even though they never played a minute for him. We have to wait until both are gone before making any judgement.

The continuum of shit extends beyond Archie sadly, that's why he's here, but it still the same circus unfortunately[/QUO

Who are you hiring at IU? You are always negative, with no solutions, on multiple boards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT