ADVERTISEMENT

“Its time to be selfish”

I never said I’m rooting for him. I’m not necessarily rooting for or against him. What’s odd is grown men rooting against a kid because he didn’t come to IU. That’s sad.

Never rooted against the kid. Just his dad for his comments of being selfish.

His father, a grown man, is setting his kid and himself up for failure for saying “time to be selfish” ie, BY GOING TO UK my kid will be a lottery pick over his chances IU. (See Romeo mr daddy)

11 points and 8 rebounds tonight

Remember he came to UK to play marquee games to get better and to play against the best in practice to get better.

He wouldn't get that at IU...I think romeo proved that.

Where art tho romeo? One of the top recruits in the country last year is *checks notes* suiting it up for the Maine Red Claws.

Nice game for selfish Jr 6pts 4 rebs in 20 min a loss at home vs unranked UE

Mr time to be selfish gotta be thinking “WTF” did o force my kid to do?

Oh, and Romeo, is on the Celtics roster after ONE GAME IN GLEAGUE after he racked up 26Pts.

I just figured out who you are. You used to be TheRehab5. And you guaranteed me KB was coming to IU and told us you’d spare us of your presence for the rest of time if he went anywhere else.

You were wrong then and likely wrong now. I wish I could say it’s good to have you back.

I’m actually you, a much younger, cooler, more dedicated to IU version than you were 30 years ago when you actually sorta cared, supported the Cream and Crimson.

I’m the antithesis of eternal darkness and negativity that you spew on this board. I am what your destiny could never ultimately fulfill, being a true life long IU fan.

If you see the light, walk towards it. It should be a good thing, unless it’s burning hot.

Reactions: hondo314
I think 6pts in a losing effort off the bench vs Evansville will turn some heads. The scouts were already watching because of that one handed dunk Keion had last game. But now? Wow.

Is there a round above the lottery pick? A green room within a green room?

Never rooted against the kid. Just his dad for his comments of being selfish.

His father, a grown man, is setting his kid and himself up for failure for saying “time to be selfish” ie, BY GOING TO UK my kid will be a lottery pick over his chances IU. (See Romeo mr daddy)

Whatever you want to say to justify it in your mind, but you need KB to stumble to criticize the Dad. UK is what it is. He made his choice and it's understandable... let it be. Honestly hadn't thought about him in months before your post. We aren't going to get them all. Our team this year seems to have good chemistry and we still are going to get Devonte back. There's plenty to be positive about in the IU camp without relishing any struggles an 18 yo might be having elsewhere.

Whatever you want to say to justify it in your mind, but you need KB to stumble to criticize the Dad. UK is what it is. He made his choice and it's understandable... let it be. Honestly hadn't thought about him in months before your post. We aren't going to get them all. Our team this year seems to have good chemistry and we still are going to get Devonte back. There's plenty to be positive about in the IU camp without relishing any struggles an 18 yo might be having elsewhere.
Once he went to LaLamiure he wasn't coming to IU. I'm not sure why people care about his individual performance. Be happy Kentucky lost.

STILL SAYING IT. After 3 games. Just after loss by #1 UK to a lesser than MAC school.

You always defend the wrong side don’t you mr “I am a grumpy pants in my old age”

What does "lesser than MAC school" mean?

The MVC is now 4-3 versus #1 ranked teams in the last 20 years. 4-2 since 2010.

The MVC has had a minimum of one NCAA tourney win in each of the past seven years (2012-present) for a cumulative 18-10 (.643) record. Only four leagues are better than .600 in that span: SEC (.643), ACC (.636), B1G (.623).

MVC teams have 38 wins in the NCAA Tournament since 1994 (with 11 Sweet 16 trips and two Final Fours). Notably, 29 of the 38 wins in that span have been vs. power conference schools, including 4-6 against the Big Ten.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
What does "lesser than MAC school" mean?

The MVC is now 4-3 versus #1 ranked teams in the last 20 years. 4-2 since 2010.

The MVC has had a minimum of one NCAA tourney win in each of the past seven years (2012-present) for a cumulative 18-10 (.643) record. Only four leagues are better than .600 in that span: SEC (.643), ACC (.636), B1G (.623).

MVC teams have 38 wins in the NCAA Tournament since 1994 (with 11 Sweet 16 trips and two Final Fours). Notably, 29 of the 38 wins in that span have been vs. power conference schools, including 4-6 against the Big Ten.

suggest you read the whole thread. Already apologized for my comment on UE/ “lesser than Mac School”

my intent was to belittle UK, not UE.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE THREAD

Thanks daddy KB mod. We all appreciate you being fair supporting KB and UK, sure Rupp Rafters do appreciate the kindness.

It is possible to love IU and hate on UK. If you choose to back UK so be it. Don’t need your lecture

suggest you read the whole thread. Already apologized for my comment on UE/ “lesser than Mac School”

my intent was to belittle UK, not UE.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE THREAD

Fair enough that you already apologized, but I comment towards a post right when I read it. Not going to read through an entire thread to then go back to what I want to comment towards. I suggest if you already corrected, then you can IGNORE REDUNDANT POSTS. I will catch up eventually when I do get through the entire thread.

Thanks daddy KB mod. We all appreciate you being fair supporting KB and UK, sure Rupp Rafters do appreciate the kindness.

It is possible to love IU and hate on UK. If you choose to back UK so be it. Don’t need your lecture

I do exactly as you claim: I love and support IU and hate UK... but I don't wish their players, who are still kids, ill will, unless of course they're playing IU. Don't back away from your post. It wasn't about UK, it was about how you perceived an 18 yo kid was struggling in his very first game. Gave the sense that you'd waited and hoped to have that chance and were relishing it. Pathetic. How's that for a lecture DB?

Reactions: thezinfan1
I do exactly as you claim: I love and support IU and hate UK... but I don't wish their players, who are still kids, ill will, unless of course they're playing IU. Don't back away from your post. It wasn't about UK, it was about how you perceived an 18 yo kid was struggling in his very first game. Gave the sense that you'd waited and hoped to have that chance and were relishing it. Pathetic. How's that for a lecture DB?

My post was about dip sh!t KB Sr. trying to be selfish, ie, attempting to write checks his son can’t possibly cash (be OAD this season at UK)

no more no less.

Though I do relish the fact you might be as obtuse as Fee Paw, oh wait, no. Fee Paw is a league amongst himself for eternal obtuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT