ADVERTISEMENT

“Its time to be selfish”

Maybe you didn't know that the Harrison's were men. Currently making millions while you work that agenda. HAHA. You didn't seem to address all the pro coaches that didn't get them to stick in the NBA? All coaches are bad? smh The players can make it happen or not. If your argument is that all 5* players should be top ten draft picks you are going to be completely wrong. Not all 5* players even get drafted. In fact, Pitino was a great coach and didn't have a single 5* player make a dent. keep working it though. This is hilarious.

On a side note, UK is going to be just fine again this year. Number 1 in the county heading into next Monday with their first ballot hall of fame coach at the helm. It's be a fantastic ride. Good luck to you guys.

"Not all 5* players even get drafted. In fact, Pitino was a great coach and didn't have a single 5* player make a dent"

Two words....Jamal Mashburn.

delete this entire post. Who cares about UK..their coach is afraid to play us unless it's under his terms, a controlled, sterile made-for-tv environment. Unless we face them post season, I don't care what happens to their team any more than what happens to UTEP or Colorado State.

Players go there as a layover on the way to the NBA draft. I wonder how many of them even attend classes during the second semester. The UK model does not appeal to me.

If these comments bother you, go burn some couches on your front lawn in protest.

Our fan base needs to stop claiming KY is "afraid to play us". Its pretty cringe these days when we cant even beat Indiana-Fort Wayne.

Actually, Andrew Harrison was released by the Warriors on October 19 (not in the league making millions) ...
Kind of irrelevant if he already made his millions...

Our fan base is a complete embarrassment.

UK is beating the #1 team in the country on national TV while we’re playing our typical cake walk schedule on an internet stream, and we have several posters ignorant enough to criticize UK and their coach/strategy? Wow.

I’m sure Brooks really regrets being able to practice against other NBA players every day. I’m sure he hated being able to play with dozens of NBA guys every summer in Lexington. I’m sure he’d rather play in the NIT while practicing against 3 stars every day. It’s incredible how blind people can be.

I agree at times they act so cringe.
Like spoiled bratt, snot nosed white kids, second only to Duke.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Google is your friend. Just in the NBA it’s over 2 mil for Andrew and over 1 mil for Aaron. Now count over seas. They do better than you.
lol .. more comedy.

You don't even get what I'm laughing at. Well, obviously I'm laughing at you, but there's more.

God you're dumb ...

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Getting drafted is not the goal. Having a successful career is.

Did you listen to the John Wall interview last night on ESPN while they were knocking off the #1 ranked team? If not you should. With a pen and paper out.

Will Keion have a successful OAD career at UK like his father wants? Will be an awesome soph, maybe.

but OAD frosh won’t happen for Keion

You put out troll bait, don't be surprised when you get trolls!

Unnecessary post imo. That was a name I haven't thought about in months and he started fading from my thoughts the moment he picked UK. 18 yo kid and it is 1 game, so no harm done.

PS. OBTW, he's playing for the soon to be #1 team in the country that just notched a win over the current #1 team in the country. Maybe that's what he meant by being selfish!

dont like the post. Don’t read. Don’t need your sarcastic ass backing UK losers.

Maybe you didn't know that the Harrison's were men. Currently making millions while you work that agenda. HAHA. You didn't seem to address all the pro coaches that didn't get them to stick in the NBA? All coaches are bad? smh The players can make it happen or not. If your argument is that all 5* players should be top ten draft picks you are going to be completely wrong. Not all 5* players even get drafted. In fact, Pitino was a great coach and didn't have a single 5* player make a dent. keep working it though. This is hilarious.

On a side note, UK is going to be just fine again this year. Number 1 in the county heading into next Monday with their first ballot hall of fame coach at the helm. It's be a fantastic ride. Good luck to you guys.

UK and MSU looked slow AF.

If MSU is best team. I’m Obama (they cant shoot)

If uK is best team. I’m Trump. (Worst UK team in years)

Both teams won’t sniff #1 NCAA seeds 2/3 maybe

Hell Louisville, or even Purwho!could be better than UK or MSU; and I hate them both

dont like the post. Don’t read. Don’t need your sarcastic ass backing UK losers.

Odd trait for someone frequenting a message board. I'm not backing UK, I'm saying it's pathetic to wait around to bash an 18 yo kid who made the choice he did after 1 game. He went to one of the top destinations in college bball right now, who didn't just beat W IL, they beat the #1 team in the country! Of course there's competition for PT. I'm not going to invent pot shots to take at UK, I'm going to ask why we can't be right there competing against them in the marquee game on opening night of the season! FODB.

Last edited:
Our fan base needs to stop claiming KY is "afraid to play us". Its pretty cringe these days when we cant even beat Indiana-Fort Wayne.

Kind of irrelevant if he already made his millions...

I agree at times they act so cringe.
Like spoiled bratt, snot nosed white kids, second only to Duke.
Losing to FW a few yrs ago and Cal refusing to ever play in the Hall again are totally unrelated subjects. If we sucked that much, Cal should hold no reservations over coming to Bloomington and kicking our ass. Your logic is flawed.

Our fan base is a complete embarrassment.

UK is beating the #1 team in the country on national TV while we’re playing our typical cake walk schedule on an internet stream, and we have several posters ignorant enough to criticize UK and their coach/strategy? Wow.

I’m sure Brooks really regrets being able to practice against other NBA players every day. I’m sure he hated being able to play with dozens of NBA guys every summer in Lexington. I’m sure he’d rather play in the NIT while practicing against 3 stars every day. It’s incredible how blind people can be.
"Our" fan base? Exactly what fan base are you referring to when you say that?

Rad how you root so hard for kids not playing for IU...
I never said I’m rooting for him. I’m not necessarily rooting for or against him. What’s odd is grown men rooting against a kid because he didn’t come to IU. That’s sad.

Reactions: IndyCat1995
I never said I’m rooting for him. I’m not necessarily rooting for or against him. What’s odd is grown men rooting against a kid because he didn’t come to IU. That’s sad.
I find it to be neither odd nor sad that I root for a kid because he didn't come IU and I'm a grown man, an old one, at that. Am I supposed to root for him to do well so it hurts even more after thinking we had him until his old man said, "Time to be selfish!"? I mean, we're only rooting against his play. We are not plotting to squeeze his testicles in a vice and certainly not planning to murder him for not coming to IU. Now THAT would be odd behavior, sad indeed. Never forget that sports are for entertainment purposes only, and people choose to find their entertainment in sport different ways. Personally, since I was a little boy I've enjoyed rooting against those who shunned us - it makes me feel better about losing them when they underperform for someone else. My behavior regarding this matter is perfectly harmless to society and certainly not sad for me, so why should you be so sad? Have you ever thought to seek help professionally about these feelings of sadness? I hear "shrinks" are really good listeners because it's your time on their clock. (Cha-ching goes with tick-tock of that clock).

Oh geez. It’s not really that odd if you know what fans do. Doesn’t make it right or smart but it’s at least understandable. What’s odd — borderline psychotic — is you defending him because he didn’t pick IU...

I find it to be neither odd nor sad that I root for a kid because he didn't come IU and I'm a grown man, an old one, at that. Am I supposed to root for him to do well so it hurts even more after thinking we had him until his old man said, "Time to be selfish!"? I mean, we're only rooting against his play. We are not plotting to squeeze his testicles in a vice and certainly not planning to murder him for not coming to IU. Now THAT would be odd behavior, sad indeed. Never forget that sports are for entertainment purposes only, and people choose to find their entertainment in sport different ways. Personally, since I was a little boy I've enjoyed rooting against those who shunned us - it makes me feel better about losing them when they underperform for someone else. My behavior regarding this matter is perfectly harmless to society and certainly not sad for me, so why should you be so sad? Have you ever thought to seek help professionally about these feelings of sadness? I hear "shrinks" are really good listeners because it's your time on their clock. (Cha-ching goes with tick-tock of that clock).
I find it odd and immature personally to root against an individual kid. Rooting against the team is fair game.

I find it odd and immature personally to root against an individual kid. Rooting against the team is fair game.
rooting against other teams (UK, Purdue) is normal. Rooting against a specific kid simply because he didn't choose IU isn't my path. I prefer ambivalence. I simply don't care if Brooks succeeds or does not. The family made a choice. Whether or not it works out now is their concern, not ours. Mental compartmentalization works.

The "selfish" statement got me believing it might not have been a great fit in Bloomington anyway. Life goes on.

rooting against other teams (UK, Purdue) is normal. Rooting against a specific kid simply because he didn't choose IU isn't my path. I prefer ambivalence. I simply don't care if Brooks succeeds or does not. The family made a choice. Whether or not it works out now is their concern, not ours. Mental compartmentalization works.

The "selfish" statement got me believing it might not have been a great fit in Bloomington anyway. Life goes on.

No matter how bad my day, it's always a little brighter in my world, small though it may be, when the Tar Heels lose!

Geez, it’s not like I stand up and cheer, “Nice miss, Sonofabitch!” every time he misses a three point shot. It’s more of a casual thing, perhaps a wry smile comes across my face when perusing the box scores of other teams....that sort of thing- there, is that more acceptable to your standards of decorum, sports related?

11 points and 8 rebounds tonight

Remember he came to UK to play marquee games to get better and to play against the best in practice to get better.

He wouldn't get that at IU...I think romeo proved that.

Where art tho romeo? One of the top recruits in the country last year is *checks notes* suiting it up for the Maine Red Claws.

Remember he came to UK to play marquee games to get better and to play against the best in practice to get better.

Where art tho romeo? One of the top recruits in the country last year is *checks notes* suiting it up for the Maine Red Claws.

So you are saying that by playing against UK guys in practice, Keion will be good enough to be on an NBA roster next season? Huh. I wouldn't bet on that.

Yes. I. Did.

BOOK IT. Come back after season to see if “its time to be selfish” KBjr actually goes OAD into NBA (not G league)

And if wrong, will you finally leave the IU Fan Board? Didn’t think so.
I just figured out who you are. You used to be TheRehab5. And you guaranteed me KB was coming to IU and told us you’d spare us of your presence for the rest of time if he went anywhere else.

You were wrong then and likely wrong now. I wish I could say it’s good to have you back.

"Where art tho Romeo?" - UK fans aren't very smart.

You put out troll bait, don't be surprised when you get trolls!

Unnecessary post imo. That was a name I haven't thought about in months and he started fading from my thoughts the moment he picked UK. 18 yo kid and it is 1 game, so no harm done.

PS. OBTW, he's playing for the soon to be #1 team in the country that just notched a win over the current #1 team in the country. Maybe that's what he meant by being selfish!

and now he plays for a soon to be NOT #1 team in the country that just lost to a team who hasn’t ever beat a top team, ever, in Lexington.

another stellar stat line for selfish daddy son.

20 min, 6 pts, 4 reb, 1 asst.

Btw, never said he can’t be OAD, but I’m pretty sure 2nd round NBA/ euro isn’t wasn’t daddy envisioned with his golden ticket after frosh year

ADVERTISEMENT