ADVERTISEMENT

“Everyone knows something wrong is happening in Liberal America”

You forget that old white guy narrative is there is no racism or that it's far less than what the "media" makes it out to be. These kind of threads are meant to convince everyone that old white guys aren't really racist because racism doesn't really exist and "those" other people get everything handed to them for free and laws are made to treat them better, while old white guys get nothing for free and don't have laws written to treat them better.. that's the real racism occuring. The liberal progressive oppression of old white guys.

You need to get out more and try opening your mind. Perhaps some of the bitterness will escape.

I am more pessimistic than you. Besides the fact that numerous conservatives have said that before, it fits the general tenor of the discussion. Plus, again, Morgan Freeman! That clip has been posted here probably about forty bajillion times, and it's always to make the point that we just need to stop talking about it, gosh darn it!

But let me stop being such a crank and actually try to add to the conversation:

Weiss actually has several problems with modern liberals (particularly, I think, the so-called "woke" white liberals, although I'm sure not exclusively), but the one she's highlighting here is the idea that some segments of the liberal community have settled on a preferred narrative for racial deconstruction that requires individuals (especially whites) to go through a very particular and rigid thought process determined by their own racial identity. In other words, in the name of racial justice, whites are expected to critically examine their own whiteness in a specific manner, and are increasingly judged by how willing they are to fall in line with this expectation. At least, that's my understanding.

I do think that Weiss has a point, and whether she accurately pinpoints the problem, and how widespread it actually is, are both worth talking about. I don't think most of the posters in this thread are remotely close to even grasping the subject, much less discussing it.

(Despite his rather brief offering, I think @IUJIM of all folks came pretty close.)

It is not a difficult "concept to grasp". Nor is it difficult to understand why some people push it.

Your self-flattery is adorable.

Do you know if TMP is an occultist?

that’s beyond my vocabulary, but

OdAibwk3VsKbNRvDgZ_EjB2-dYd2w_jOqPbV633rajUaxcvem8yQmSv2Zd0lrvBC0PRDASU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT