ADVERTISEMENT

“Classifications for viewing members”

IULouie

Benchwarmer
May 20, 2007
I’m trying to understand all the titles under everyone’s names (Newcomer, Recruit, Redshirt, Benchwarmer, Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, All-Big10, All-American, Hall of Famer) and I’m just wondering how you achieve them? I imagine it has to do with the number of threads created, replies, and views. Is there a place on this site that I can find that information? I have seen this for years and really never knew how they broke it down.

I’m trying to understand all the titles under everyone’s names (Newcomer, Recruit, Redshirt, Benchwarmer, Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, All-Big10, All-American, Hall of Famer) and I’m just wondering how you achieve them? I imagine it has to do with the number of threads created, replies, and views. Is there a place on this site that I can find that information? I have seen this for years and really never knew how they broke it down.
Almost positive they do it just by posts. Obviously, I’m a first ballot kinda guy.

Good post. I pay attention to likes versus volume but volume appears to determine your title. If a person has many posts and few likes, it tells me they like to hear themselves type. Massive grin! Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
All you need to know is that the Hall of Famers run the show, and everyone should defer to them.

Almost positive they do it just by posts. Obviously, I’m a first ballot kinda guy.
It has to be just posts, e.g., I've been a member since 2004, but don't post that much and don't therefore get a ton of like opportunities. I'd probably be a Hall of Famer were it not for years of being banned under Peegs facist regime, Rivals switch brought new life to my email account and I was able to get back on without the blacklist anymore

Reactions: Cavanagh
I think we all should have the same status and all get participation banners.

It has to be just posts, e.g., I've been a member since 2004, but don't post that much and don't therefore get a ton of like opportunities. I'd probably be a Hall of Famer were it not for years of being banned under Peegs facist regime, Rivals switch brought new life to my email account and I was able to get back on without the blacklist anymore

New life to us all!

All you need to know is that the Hall of Famers run the show, and everyone should defer to them.
Huge difference between a Hall of Famer and an All American. Thank you both for all your posts.

The Vid- Hall of Famer
Messages- 10,558
Reaction score- 7,501
Points- 113

Cavanagh- All American
Messages- 6,586
Reaction score- 6,973
Points- 113

It's arbitrary and capricious!

Reward achievements​

The trophy system in XenForo allows site owners to award their users with 'trophies' for reaching specific milestones, such as posting their first new thread, receiving their first positive reaction or on the anniversary of their membership.
Trophies can be defined for a huge variety of criteria or combination of criteria, and each trophy adds a number of 'trophy points' to the receiving user's profile, which can then be used to trigger further actions or rewards, such as an upgrade to the user's 'title'.
generic example:

Last edited:
Huge difference between a Hall of Famer and an All American. Thank you both for all your posts.

The Vid- Hall of Famer
Messages- 10,558
Reaction score- 7,501
Points- 113

Cavanagh- All American
Messages- 6,586
Reaction score- 6,973
Points- 113
Seems 113 “points” is very common, or perhaps it’s a maximum that you can get (I randomly clicked on a bunch of people in this thread that all had exactly 113 points).

Seems 113 “points” is very common, or perhaps it’s a maximum that you can get (I randomly clicked on a bunch of people in this thread that all had exactly 113 points).
Trophies have nothing to do with the title. It's all post counts.

10K posts will get you the coveted HOFer status. I think it's 5K posts for AA.

I think I figured it out. Check your message totals and see where you fit in...
Newcomer 1-24
Recruit 25-99
Redshirt 100-199
Benchwarmer 200-399
Freshman 400-699
Sophomore 700-999
Junior 1,000-1,999
Senior 2,000-2,999
All-Big10 3,000-4,999
All-American 5,000-9,999
Hall of Famer 10,000- ? (31,543 Courtsensetwo)

I think I figured it out. Check your message totals and see where you fit in...
Newcomer 1-24
Recruit 25-99
Redshirt 100-199
Benchwarmer 200-399
Freshman 400-699
Sophomore 700-999
Junior 1,000-1,999
Senior 2,000-2,999
All-Big10 3,000-4,999
All-American 5,000-9,999
Hall of Famer 10,000- ? (31,543 Courtsensetwo)
Victorbmyboy is All-Big Ten at 4,988 messages and getting ready to move into the All-American status!!!

I had to hit the point down thingy and found out I have 16,800 posts. What a wasted life with you people. What was I thinking? LoL Hey, you guys have made sermons before so take a bow my friends.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT