ADVERTISEMENT

“ lock her up”” - DOJ ends 2 yr investigation and finds...

baileyiu

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2001
NOTHING!!!!

Which is a witch hunt! DOJ finds nothing about Hillary or Clinton Fiundation. Mueller
Files 199 counts of criminal counts against 37 individuals and entities.

LOL. I wonder how they'll start the next investigation of Killary!!!

Way to zero in on a sentence. Why don't you post a video that shows that whole exchange?
Because its impertinent. I was responding directly to the OP using Hil's voice as a proxy for my own. It makes no more difference the outcome of the DOJ probe than it does if Joe Biden is actually tired. 'Crooked' Hilary and 'Sleepy' Joe have stuck, as will "lock her up" if I had to bet money.

I already know what she meant because I'm not a demented moron. Give it whirl.
e225YR5.png

Because its impertinent. I was responding directly to the OP using Hil's voice as a proxy for my own. It makes no more difference the outcome of the DOJ probe than it does if Joe Biden is actually tired. 'Crooked' Hilary and 'Sleepy' Joe have stuck, as will "lock her up" if I had to bet money.
Yup it sticks with Rube Nation who actually believe the propaganda and lies that Trump throws out there.

Sounds like you have more disdain for the intelligence of the average Trump voter than I do. And you are on the same team. Now on the other hand, "tiny hands Trump" and "3rd-grade vocabulary Trump" are verifiable scientific facts based on empirical data on display daily...

For the record, Paul Rosenzweig, a former officer in the Dept of Homeland Security under Bush thoroughly debunked the whole Uranium One conspiracy nonsense as far back as 2017, when he published this expert analysis on his Lawfare blog...

"The latest instance of "what-aboutism" is the House Republican decision to open an investigation of the Uranium One transaction—the allegation that Hillary Clinton transferred control of 20% of America's uranium mining output to a Russian company, in exchange for substantial contributions to the Clinton Foundation from the executives of that same Russian company. Perhaps fearing future revelations of Trump's closeness to Russia, the evident purpose of the investigation is to establish a "Hillary too" counterpoint. Based on what is currently in the public record, little, if anything about the allegation is plausible."

He goes on to say, how anyone with even a working knowledge of how the CFIUS operates would know how ridiculous the notion that the State Dept (Hillary) could act unilaterally to try and get everyone in the other Cabinet-level Depts to agree to a proposal that would personally benefit the Sec of State. Esp since controlling interest in the CFIUS rests in the hands of the Dept of Treasury NOT the Dept of State. And most of the daily work of the CFIUS is conducted by CAREER CIVIL SERVANTS, NOT political appointees...

• "The structure of CFIUS is such that no one agency can control the outcome of the consideration. Here it appears that the entire committee and the NRC were all satisfied with the mitigation put in place. It is a very far stretch to lay this result at State's doorstep—the vigorous objection of any of the security-minded agencies would likely have derailed the transaction, but none, evidently was forthcoming. I have no doubt that State favored the sale—but that is likely the position it would take today under Secretary Rex Tillerson and was surely the position it would have taken under Secretaries Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice and John Kerry. State has a strong institutional bias in favor of accommodating foreign investment in the United States. Here, it seems clear that the Pentagon and DHS did not object either.
  • The inherent bias of the process is to approve transactions, with mitigation if needed. Intervention and blocking are rare and require more than a single agency to be activated. Put another way, no single agency has a veto on the transaction—the transaction goes forward unless a substantial majority of CFIUS is motivated by grave concerns to block it. So the most accurate way to characterize this case is that State, along with all the other agencies, declined to recommend a presidential veto."
https://www.lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law

Of course, the problem here is that you were dealing with a POTUS (and his most outspoken supporters) who not only did not know how the CFIUS operates but likely didn't even know what the CFIUS IS. And frankly didn't care.

As we've seen with the total (deliberate) ignorance of Team Trump regarding Biden's dealings with Ukraine/Shokin, they are willing to ignore historical facts and push loony tunes conspiracy theories. Because they know they've succeeded in conditioning their base to reject the truth unless it conforms to Trump world's alternative based reality. It's no longer about doing things the right (correct) way- it's all about "winning".THAT is what you are forced to resort to when established facts and recorded history are NOT in your favor... Goebbels would be proud...

Reactions: Bill4411
For the record, Paul Rosenzweig, a former officer in the Dept of Homeland Security under Bush thoroughly debunked the whole Uranium One conspiracy nonsense as far back as 2017, when he published this expert analysis on his Lawfare blog...

"The latest instance of "what-aboutism" is the House Republican decision to open an investigation of the Uranium One transaction—the allegation that Hillary Clinton transferred control of 20% of America's uranium mining output to a Russian company, in exchange for substantial contributions to the Clinton Foundation from the executives of that same Russian company. Perhaps fearing future revelations of Trump's closeness to Russia, the evident purpose of the investigation is to establish a "Hillary too" counterpoint. Based on what is currently in the public record, little, if anything about the allegation is plausible."

He goes on to say, how anyone with even a working knowledge of how the CFIUS operates would know how ridiculous the notion that the State Dept (Hillary) could act unilaterally to try and get everyone in the other Cabinet-level Depts to agree to a proposal that would personally benefit the Sec of State. Esp since controlling interest in the CFIUS rests in the hands of the Dept of Treasury NOT the Dept of State. And most of the daily work of the CFIUS is conducted by CAREER CIVIL SERVANTS, NOT political appointees...

• "The structure of CFIUS is such that no one agency can control the outcome of the consideration. Here it appears that the entire committee and the NRC were all satisfied with the mitigation put in place. It is a very far stretch to lay this result at State's doorstep—the vigorous objection of any of the security-minded agencies would likely have derailed the transaction, but none, evidently was forthcoming. I have no doubt that State favored the sale—but that is likely the position it would take today under Secretary Rex Tillerson and was surely the position it would have taken under Secretaries Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice and John Kerry. State has a strong institutional bias in favor of accommodating foreign investment in the United States. Here, it seems clear that the Pentagon and DHS did not object either.
  • The inherent bias of the process is to approve transactions, with mitigation if needed. Intervention and blocking are rare and require more than a single agency to be activated. Put another way, no single agency has a veto on the transaction—the transaction goes forward unless a substantial majority of CFIUS is motivated by grave concerns to block it. So the most accurate way to characterize this case is that State, along with all the other agencies, declined to recommend a presidential veto."
https://www.lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law

Of course, the problem here is that you were dealing with a POTUS (and his most outspoken supporters) who not only did not know how the CFIUS operates but likely didn't even know what the CFIUS IS. And frankly didn't care.

As we've seen with the total (deliberate) ignorance of Team Trump regarding Biden's dealings with Ukraine/Shokin, they are willing to ignore historical facts and push loony tunes conspiracy theories. Because they know they've succeeded in conditioning their base to reject the truth unless it conforms to Trump world's alternative based reality. It's no longer about doing things the right (correct) way- it's all about "winning".THAT is what you are forced to resort to when established facts and recorded history are NOT in your favor... Goebbels would be proud...

This is why we call corruption “influence peddling”.

LOL. I wonder how they'll start the next investigation of Killary!!!

Laugh it up Hoops. There is one overriding reason why Hillary is not POTUS: Her decision to avoid FIOA and other disclosure requirements by exclusively using her personal system for all her official government communications. Everything else is fallout from that dumbass decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: HillzHoozier
Laugh it up Hoops. There is one overriding reason why Hillary is not POTUS: Her decision to avoid FIOA and other disclosure requirements by exclusively using her personal system for all her official government communications. Everything else is fallout from that dumbass decision.
We rarely agree, but you nailed this. I called it out at the time the news broke.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
We rarely agree, but you nailed this. I called it out at the time the news broke.

its only half right though. The other half is doing that dumb thing in a party that still cares if their politicians do dumb things.

You've lost your marbles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT