ADVERTISEMENT

You cannot make this up.

I'm old enough to remember taking all the tubes out of a non working TV and taking them to the drug store that had a tester you could plug them into to see which ones were bad. The drug store sold replacement tubes right there on the spot. This was usually in the camera and film department, that place you took your film and it was sent off to be developed. They'd give you a claim ticket and you'd get your pictures back in a week.
amazing stuff

I'm old enough to remember taking all the tubes out of a non working TV and taking them to the drug store that had a tester you could plug them into to see which ones were bad. The drug store sold replacement tubes right there on the spot
I remember a tester at either the local HW store or the Montgomery Ward. Fuzzy on which one, but remember the tester.

The little town closest to us where my grandparents lived had a combo grocery/appliance sales & repair store. You could get your bologna sliced to your preferred thickness by and pick up a new zenith. Gelene ran the grocery, her husband Fred did the repairs and his brother Dale sold new appliances and Dale's wife Marian did the books. Maybe 200 people in the town with another 500 rural residents having an address for the town.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember taking all the tubes out of a non working TV and taking them to the drug store that had a tester you could plug them into to see which ones were bad. The drug store sold replacement tubes right there on the spot. This was usually in the camera and film department, that place you took your film and it was sent off to be developed. They'd give you a claim ticket and you'd get your pictures back in a week.
you had a TV?

0EimjvM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT