ADVERTISEMENT

WR depth … One Big Change from last year.

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
When DJ Mathews and then Cam Camper were lost for the season last year… there just wasn’t enough depth to keep things going.

EJ Williams and DeQuece Carter provided that depth this year. Cooper perhaps nearly earned starting spot filling in too. Loading up the box and going 1 on 1 on the outside has risk at the end of this season.

McCulley‘s improvement validates his decision to switch positions last year. May Cooper make a few more spectacular catches too.

When DJ Mathews and then Cam Camper were lost for the season last year… there just wasn’t enough depth to keep things going.

EJ Williams and DeQuece Carter provided that depth this year. Cooper perhaps nearly earned starting spot filling in too. Loading up the box and going 1 on 1 on the outside has risk at the end of this season.

McCulley‘s improvement validates his decision to switch positions last year. May Cooper make a few more spectacular catches too.
I thought McCulley had a good game when I left the stadium. I am more impressed after watching the DVR of the game. EJ Williams also stood out more after watching the game again.

McCulley was wide open over the middle on a pass Sorsby threw away in the second half. I was disappointed we didn't look more over the middle and missed opportunities for more success. I am hoping that is an area we will improve on for the rest of the season.

And Camper is out for the season again this year. When he left last year the IU offense struggled all the more.

This year IU has depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT