ADVERTISEMENT

Which IU players might go in the draft?..........

THallows

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
I haven't seen a comprehensive list of potential draftees. Are any of the players slated to go in the first three rounds?

Only going off of what I have read, but no, none in the first three rounds.

Effross is probably our highest draft pick. Others who may get drafted (based on others speculating):
  • Halstead
  • Hart
  • Kelzer
  • Harrison
Only Effross, Kelzer and Hart have remaining eligibilty.

I have no idea on the HS kids, but the Krupa kid that's at the JC is a likely draftee I guess, it's just a matter of what he decides to do/where he gets drafted.

Effross is probably our highest draft pick. Others who may get drafted (based on others speculating):
  • Halstead
  • Hart
  • Kelzer
  • Harrison

I have no idea on the HS kids, but the Krupa kid that's at the JC is a likely draftee I guess, it's just a matter of what he decides to do/where he gets drafted.

Awesome thank you for the information. so really none of the senior position players are likely to get drafted. Unless they are late draftees.

• Halstead
  • Hart
  • Kelzer
  • Harrison

Luke Miller OF/Cowan HS will likely be drafted in some late round. Krupa will be drafted. Efross and Kelzer have the potential to be drafted top 10 rounds. Top 10 round is important because those draft picks have slotted money. A 10th round pick will likely have a 6 figure signing bonus.

I haven't seen a comprehensive list of potential draftees. Are any of the players slated to go in the first three rounds?

For those who were curious about the Indiana HS pitchers, Russell (A&M commit who originally verballed to ND) of Cathedral went 1-21 to the Royals and Watson (Vandy commit) of Larry North was also drafted by Royals at 1-33.

For those who were curious about the Indiana HS pitchers, Russell (A&M commit who originally verballed to ND) of Cathedral went 1-21 to the Royals and Watson (Vandy commit) of Larry North was also drafted by Royals at 1-33.

Didn't see anybody with IU ties (current or recruits) drafted in rounds 1-10.

Didn't see anybody with IU ties (current or recruits) drafted in rounds 1-10.
Yeah, I checked it out also and didn't see anyone that I recognize with IU ties. They continue the draft tomorrow at noon. Evidently, Krupa's big year at Iowa Western couldn't move him into the first ten rounds. I believe he was drafted by the Reds in the 19th round coming out of high school. At mlb.com, they didn't have him listed in the best available players not drafted so far, so if he continues to drop, maybe we will see him for at least one year at IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT