ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy wins 6-4; Radford in the afternoon (story link with boxscore)

snowling

Hall of Famer
Radford won 5-2 in a rain delayed contest. Indiana-Vanderbilt will begin about 9:30 EDT.

ESPN 3:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2505523/NCAA-Baseball-Regionals-(Site-14-/-Game-4)-

IU radio (coverage started at 9:15 EDT):
http://mgmt.firststreaming.com/listen/player.php?callsign=WHCC_FM

IU twitter:
https://twitter.com/hoosierbaseball

IU Baseball - Vandy Regional link:
http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/052715aad.html

D1 Baseball scores:
http://www.d1baseball.com/2015/daily/0529.htm

Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I JUST DID post a question, must have been while you were sending your post.

Not on TV?! 500 channels.....seriously?
Not on my cable. I'm sure if I wanted to pay extra for some kind of sports package I could get it, but I pay too much as it is...

No matter, the stream is working. Radford up 5-2 in the 8th.

Not on my cable. I'm sure if I wanted to pay extra for some kind of sports package I could get it, but I pay too much as it is...

No matter, the stream is working. Radford up 5-2 in the 8th.
ESPN3 is online only

I'm not one to complain about the announcers, but I think these are Vanderbilt homers. They seem to know the favorite chewing gum of every Vanderbilt player, while clearly knowing very little about IU players that isn't found on the media sheet. On top of that, they seem to be actively rooting for the Vanderbilt pitcher to throw his best stuff.

Reactions: GatorIUetherizer
Two singles, a walk, followed by a double ties the game for Vandy. This chases Morris as Effross enters to relieve.
Morris goes 2.2 innings: 5H, 4R, 3BB, & 3SO (16 batters/64 pitches/39 strikes).
IU goes 1, 2, 3.
Vandy leads 4-3 after 3 innings.
- - - R H E
VU 4 5 0
IU 3 3 1
Go Hoosiers!

Hartong singles to open the bottom half; is moved around to 3rd; Dedelow beats out an infield hit and ties the game. Dedelow was caught stealing 2nd to end the inning. Reliever is warming in the Vandy pen.
Tied at 4 after 6 innings.
- - - R H E
VU 4 7 0
IU 4 5 1
Go Hoosiers!

Although that was a close play at second, I wish we wouldn't try to steal so often. Seems like we get thrown out a lot. However, the catcher got a good pitch to throw out the runner.

ESPN 3...really? yet they show softball. Come on ESPN do better.

And I'm not a softball hater...but damn.....You have ESPN 2 and ESPN U.

Sowers makes a great play to rob Vandy of a base hit. Effross has retired 13 of the 18 faced; appears he will pitch the 8th as he has only thrown 50 pitches in 4.1 innings. After 2 outs, Wilhite walked and Rodrigue singles, but are left stranded.
Tied at 4 after 7 innings.
- - - R H E
VU 4 8 0
IU 4 6 1
Go Hoosiers!

What's happening ??
With wife in hospital, can't see game - sounds like a good game.

Effross works through a jam after a lead-off single; stranded at 3rd (5.1 innings/20 batter/64 pitches/46 strikes). IU crowd is getting vocal! Harrison is warming in the IU pen and will enter to pitch the 9th.
Hartong hit by pitch and then Vandy strikes out the side. Wow, great game.
Tied at 4 after 8 innings.
- - - R H E
VU 4 9 0
IU 4 6 1
Go Hoosiers!

Effross works through a jam after a lead-off single; stranded at 3rd (5.1 innings/20 batter/64 pitches/46 strikes). IU crowd is getting vocal! Harrison is warming in the IU pen and will enter to pitch the 9th.
Hartong hit by pitch and then Vandy strikes out the side. Wow, great game.
Tied at 4 after 8 innings.
- - - R H E
VU 4 9 0
IU 4 6 1
Go Hoosiers!

Not sure why we didnt try to bunt after the HBP, we havent been getting on base hardly at all after the first. Should've tried to play small ball for the winning run...

With first base open, I think I would walk the No. 1 player in the country! Of course, hindsight is 20/20. But that's what I was saying as he came to the plate.
And the announcers were SEC loving all nite long!

Reactions: mazz
I had no problem with the announcing. Were they pro-SEC? I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if they were better versed on SEC teams, considering the production overlap. But it certainly didn't sound like obvious bias to me.

And nothing against the kid.

That was just my way of saying, "Goddammit."

Kinda felt it coming, too, to be honest with you. It was like a movie, except the good guys were in the other jerseys.

We gave it a good try, now just hope we have enough pitching to beat Radford again. I would like another shot at Vandy. I watch them often, since I live near Nashville, and they have had their problems in sweeping three game series.

We gave it a good try, now just hope we have enough pitching to beat Radford again. I would like another shot at Vandy. I watch them often, since I live near Nashville, and they have had their problems in sweeping three game series.
They don't need a sweep, though. The just need one out of two (if we beat Radford).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT