ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy on the way to another CWS

SSN

Sophomore
Mar 3, 2005
Indiana and Illinois should not feel too badly since they lost contested games to Vandy on its tough trip to the NCAA finals. Some might question my opinion about Indiana and Illinois as contested games. But who in the CWS games at Omaha have play Vandy tougher than IU or Illinois? Maybe one or two!!! Vandy has the best pitching and hitting of any college baseball team in America, an incredible club. I am really proud of the IU baseball team for playing at a high level and responding really well to the new coaching changes. The recruitment scene of the new coaching staff should be exciting. If Tracy Smith was coaching IU this past year maybe he would have been about as happy as he was with his work at ASU.

Indiana and Illinois should not feel too badly since they lost contested games to Vandy on its tough trip to the NCAA finals. Some might question my opinion about Indiana and Illinois as contested games. But who in the CWS games at Omaha have play Vandy tougher than IU or Illinois? Maybe one or two!!! Vandy has the best pitching and hitting of any college baseball team in America, an incredible club. I am really proud of the IU baseball team for playing at a high level and responding really well to the new coaching changes. The recruitment scene of the new coaching staff should be exciting. If Tracy Smith was coaching IU this past year maybe he would have been about as happy as he was with his work at ASU.

I thought Vandy had a great shot due to their top-end of staff and overall bullpen depth plus experience in short series format. Set up perfectly for the postseason, no matter they weren't a national seed. Was silly they weren't, honestly, their schedule was miles better than several of the other national seeds, Illinois included.

That said, it ain't over yet. UVA shut them out 3-0 tonight. One more to play, winner-take-all with Buehler and Kirby throwing. Kirby isn't really healthy though, unfortunately so likely won't get too many innings out of him. Too bad because that could have been a helluva pitching performance in a game 3 winner-take-all situation.

Obviously, Vandy took out UVA last year in best-of-three for the national title so should be fun to see it one more time. Very impressive run by UVA after a disappointing regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT