ADVERTISEMENT

Traveling to Bloomington

Sonap

Sophomore
Apr 17, 2011
It has been over 20 yrs since I have been there. Has 37 gotten any better? I use to take 67 because it was faster.

Both are slow now

67 has had growth south of Indy with more stoplights. If I came from the west, I would take 67. But if you cone from the east, I do not know if I would drive by 37 to get to 67.

Re: Both are slow now

I have been wondering if those areas had a huge amount of growth in 20 years.

37 has some work being done now,

But unless it's a really busy time it isn't too bad. This is my 6th day in a row I've had to drive back and forth from Btown to Indy.

Yes

It was only a matter of time before 67 grew. All the other suburbs of Indy have exploded, and it finally came to 67. It isn't Greenwood, but it is much different than 20 years ago.

Also 37 south of Martinsville has a lot of work on it as it becomes I-69. You can't avoid it, and you missed the worst for now. They had to have all trees cut down by April 1 so they worked a lot during March. So that area will look nothing like you remember.

37 is not that bad

unless it's rush hour then traffic is really heavy.

They're starting work in/near Martinsville on Friday of this week.

Weather permitting. It will be interesting to see what that does to traffic. I've seen some pretty amazing traffic jams around the rush hour, but agree that it's otherwise not been that bad. Hope that trend continues.

from Fairview Rd (5.5 miles south of 465) south to Btown, 37 is exactly as it was 20 yrs ago, other than 1 extra stoplight in Martinsville where Walmart is.

in fact, other than the 1 extra light i mentioned in Martinsville, it's the same as it was 30 yrs ago.

from 465 to Fairview Rd though, several lights have been added..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT