ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QB?

Ryansays....

Benchwarmer
Aug 28, 2001
Brody Miller[/B]‏@Brody_Miller_
Oregon State transfer quarterback Kyle Kempt was at IU's practice today. #iufb

Take twitter information for what its worth, but I saw this today. I know nothing about him, but based on how last year went an experienced QB to either push Nate or provide depth would be welcome in my eyes.

Wilson has a scholarship in his back pocket. His You Tube highlight tape shows he can throw. Last year we had a nice pick up during the summer. Holding back a scholly opens up this kind of move after signing day. Whether it is this kid or someone else, I expect Wilson to grab someone.

Re: Do you know if has he been released?

I'm guessing the release won't be an issue. I believe that Andersen has been vocal about wanting a dual threat QB, which Kempt is not. He probably has been encouraged to transfer.

He'd still have to sit out a year, so he won't be competing with Sudfeld this year, but he'd be a very good option the following season when we need a replacement for Sudfeld

Looks like he has already used his redshirt so he will have two years left. This would be a good addition for future competition and depth.

Not Sure But

3/31 Kempt announced he was leaving Oregon State and was going to transfer.
He's from Massillon Ohio.
We offered him outta high school.
He liked us but said he wanted engineering.

Wisconsin did not offer - with Andersen as their coach.
Kid committed to Oregon State and our old almost-pal Mike Riley.
Redshirted.
Wound up with Anderson as his coach.
They have a solid starter and a 'bama transfer too.

Threw for 3,056 yards and 32 touchdowns his senior year'
6'4".
A lot to like.

Looks like he might be a good addition.
We certainly play a style which would be a better fit for him and we would be much closer to home for him.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT