ADVERTISEMENT

This does not look good

You are right that they don't check what they put out. No one knows, except in a few match ups what will happen just look at MSU in 2021. Transfers can change teams in a hurry now and maybe this is the year IU sees a big change due to the coaches and transfers brought in this time.

We don't know the impact coach Borstad will have on the offense along with the transfers on the offense. How much of an impact will the defensive line bring to the defense? We will have to see how this IU team does this season.

You are right that they don't check what they put out. No one knows, except in a few match ups what will happen just look at MSU in 2021. Transfers can change teams in a hurry now and maybe this is the year IU sees a big change due to the coaches and transfers brought in this time.

We don't know the impact coach Borstad will have on the offense along with the transfers on the offense. How much of an impact will the defensive line bring to the defense? We will have to see how this IU team does this season.
I know that you are really high on Borstad. Need to throttle that back a bit. He’s not a miracle worker. Our line doesn’t have a lot of talent. The upper classmen are not Big Ten level.

I know that you are really high on Borstad. Need to throttle that back a bit. He’s not a miracle worker. Our line doesn’t have a lot of talent. The upper classmen are not Big Ten level.
How do you know that? Because of the excellent coaching they received the last several years? I would guess talent wise they compare favorably to two thirds of the conference.

I beg to differ about the talent on the OL; only time will tell once we get into the season. The OL looked like they didn't have talent with an OL coach that saw them decline after he coached them for a year or two. I don't expect Borstad to be a miracle worker just a much better coach than Hiller was.

I know you aren't a big fan of coach Allen now, so you don't have hope of improvement for this team but I think he has made some good hires lately.

I beg to differ about the talent on the OL; only time will tell once we get into the season. The OL looked like they didn't have talent with an OL coach that saw them decline after he coached them for a year or two. I don't expect Borstad to be a miracle worker just a much better coach than Hiller was.

I know you aren't a big fan of coach Allen now, so you don't have hope of improvement for this team but I think he has made some good hires lately.
It’s Bostad, not Borstad. Curious as to your views of what he will bring to the O line based on your knowledge of his time at Wisconsin. Thanks.

Last edited:
...and that speaks volumes...it makes damn little difference what 'Borstad' produced @ Wisky...he's not Hiller...I worry more about QB production...
Yes, QB could be a big issue. The Tennessee transfer has no experience, not sure what to make of him. I was hoping Allen could've landed a veteran QB in the dual threat mode...that didn't happen...

If Dexter is back for the opener, it's a moot point.

Yes, QB could be a big issue. The Tennessee transfer has no experience, not sure what to make of him. I was hoping Allen could've landed a veteran QB in the dual threat mode...that didn't happen...

Quarterback is a huge issue.

I have to think with Borstad, our new receivers/RBs our QB play will be much better this year. How good, I can't say yet but definitely better than last season. If QB play isn't better than coach Bell needs to be let go after two years of bad QB play. I hope the offense explodes this season making all of us happy with Bell and the players.

They are comparing Dex's injury to what Teddy Bridgewater did to his knee.

He hurt himself in Aug. of 2016 and didn't play in a game until Nov. 2017.

He's not going to be back for the opener and there's a high probability he's not back for the whole season.

I still think after Spring ball they may sign another QB.
By then they will have a good idea about what they already have on board.
Agree. Some veteran QB somewhere is going to be beat out in Spring ball by a younger playes, get pissed, and hit the portal. More than one.

I'm sure Allen will be all over the Portal, looking for a QB with experience. He would be negligent if he didn't.

It is difficult to know what the coaching staff will do about QB. I am sure after Spring practice they will know how dire it will be or if they can ride with the three QBs and any walk-ons. I would think IU needs a veteran QB before the Summer but maybe not.

I don’t think Bob Bostad will have much, if any, influence on QB recruiting.

It’s Bostad, not Borstad. Curious as to your views of what he will bring to the O line based on your knowledge of his time at Wisconsin. Thanks.
Does it hurt when someone says something positive? Just a bit of scientific curiosity. Because you squeal like a stuck pig everytime someone tries it. Wow... Debbie downer...

Does it hurt when someone says something positive? Just a bit of scientific curiosity. Because you squeal like a stuck pig everytime someone tries it. Wow... Debbie downer...
I’m a long time IU fan, so I speak from significant experience regarding the program. As for Bob Bostad, I merely offered the correct spelling of his name. Not sure why you consider that to be “negative”, but many casual fans aren’t as familiar with our coaches. Hope that helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT